Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: RGBA vs 6/6/12W

RGBA vs 6/6/12W 4 months 2 weeks ago #41172

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 84
Ok, so I've been thinking all weekend about this and decided to ask for some advice. I ordered my elite Prodigal Son Hero tier saber 2 weeks ago and I think I still have time to make a change. I ordered the RGBA feature because I wanted to be able to change colors since there is no quick connects. Also to have FoC and the additional light side/dark side sound features. But the more and more I look at reviews/comments on it, I'm not sure it was the right way to go. I would love to see the saber in red, purple, etc but my main color will be green. I just want to make sure it's going to have a strong, bright green. For those of you that have the RGBA feature, maybe chime in to help? Will I still have a strong green? I know there is some sacrifice by going with the RGBA but is it worth it? If I were to make a change, I was thinking of trying to amend the order to have blue and yellow as my 6W to make green 12W. Any help would be appreciated because I would probably have to make this change very soon. Thanks.

EDIT: Or is there a way to configure the settings once I have the saber to get as close to a 12W green as possible?
- Light em up

Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Andi-Jae EL. Reason: adding comment
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RGBA vs 6/6/12W 4 months 2 weeks ago #41191

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 106
I just received my RGBA hero saber this past Thursday, so I'll experiment around with some of the settings to see what different greens I can make. The 3W pure green you get is pretty striking with the lights off, so I'm wondering how it looks in 12W+.

One thing you'll want to be careful of is light mixing as opposed to pigment mixing. With light, yellow and blue actually mixes to produce white. Yellow itself is made by mixing green and red, and green is actually a primary color of light. If you were to go 6/6/12, green would probably be one of your 6W options. If you were to go that route, I would say red/green/yellow is a good choice for a mix of dark and light and green/blue/cyan would be a good light side mix.

RGBA vs 6/6/12W 4 months 2 weeks ago #41196

• h5o
  • Thank you received: 8
suggestion would be to checkout the sparkcolor 2 editor and download the default files to play with the settings on hero rgba. This can give you an idea of what hero tier is about.

The default files zip has a pdf file for the sc2 setup. It guides you through the process and what's involved. Once you have unzipped both editor and default files

Open the sc2 editor
drop to open under the files tab
GO to the default file folder
Select a font# folder (this has the sconfig file)

The program opens the file and a new set of tab happens. 9 fonts are listed and you can turn any of it to a shade of green with rgba.
Use the sample saber to help. I got by just playing around. Still getting comfortable using the editor.

Another suggestion to compliment your green with a photon blade. It can keep your options open with the colors and give you a radical green. There are videos about it. Plus, I can add some pictures later if you wish to see it when I get home.
The Force existed long before the Jedi and Sith united under the light and dark.
It will be here long after these empires crumble...

RGBA vs 6/6/12W 4 months 2 weeks ago #41197

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
One thing I noticed about the Spark editor was for some reason my LED4 was set to no color and I had to manually set it to Amber. I also realized that (for my setup at least) LED1 in the program corresponded to blue but actually changed the value of my red LED and LED3 was set for red in the program but actually corresponded to blue in my saber. But once I fixed those in the program settings the preview was pretty accurate.

RGBA vs 6/6/12W 4 months 2 weeks ago #41238

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
Snakeeyz99 wrote:
I just received my RGBA hero saber this past Thursday, so I'll experiment around with some of the settings to see what different greens I can make. The 3W pure green you get is pretty striking with the lights off, so I'm wondering how it looks in 12W+.

One thing you'll want to be careful of is light mixing as opposed to pigment mixing. With light, yellow and blue actually mixes to produce white. Yellow itself is made by mixing green and red, and green is actually a primary color of light. If you were to go 6/6/12, green would probably be one of your 6W options. If you were to go that route, I would say red/green/yellow is a good choice for a mix of dark and light and green/blue/cyan would be a good light side mix.

Thanks for the info. I didn't think about the difference between light mixing vs. pigment mixing. I might just leave it as is. Or I could just downgrade it to a Champion tier and go with green 12W+. I know I'm making this harder than it has to be but it's my first purchase and all I have to go on are the great reviews/comments here and the youtube reviews that I've watched over and over again.
- Light em up

RGBA vs 6/6/12W 4 months 2 weeks ago #41241

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, I had second thoughts too. IMO, RBGA is a nice thing to have but the rest of my sabers will most likely be Champion tier. I think if you plan to change tiers though you need to completely cancel and replace your order, which may lose you your spot in the queue. I'd of course talk to the CSRs first if that's your plan of action.

RGBA vs 6/6/12W 4 months 2 weeks ago #41246

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
This will probably be my only RGBA saber. I don't want to lose my spot so if I had to cancel then I won't change anything. It's too bad there isn't quick connects with the thin necks. I'm probably going to make my next order this week and it will be champion tier.

Snakeeyz99,
Do you like how bright yours is? Do you have other sabers you could compare it to?
- Light em up

RGBA vs 6/6/12W 4 months 2 weeks ago #41266

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
I don't have any to compare it too, but at the end of my review album I have a bunch of pictures of different colors.

Here's green at 100%:

RGBA vs 6/6/12W 4 months 2 weeks ago #41298

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
Thanks Snakeeyz99,
That actually looks quite bright. Your review was great and the pictures were appreciated. It gave me good ideas of what to expect for the main colors. I look forward to giving my review hopefully late next month when my sabers come in. You helped put my mind at ease with the brightness.
- Light em up

RGBA vs 6/6/12W 4 months 2 weeks ago #41424

• Mihoshi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 22
The hero RGBA is "hella" bright.
In addition to the color mixing, it also has the sound mixing that the champion tier lacks.

For example a blood orange saber with a dark side font is cool..... But....
A saber that can swap between red, blood orange, Amber, and orange and has a rancor roar as the ignition sound, and a tie fighter him as the hum sound is waaaayyyy cooler!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andi-Jae EL

RGBA vs 6/6/12W 4 months 2 weeks ago #41457

• Jaguar_7777
Hi all

I have been reading up on the RGBA debate vs 12w and im still confused.

I want to order a redeemer. Mid blue with flash on crash in preferably white (obi wan), or purple otherwise.

what is my best option for a really nice bright blue overall with that?

thanks in advance!

RGBA vs 6/6/12W 4 months 2 weeks ago #41460

• Kered
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 104
Jaguar_7777 wrote:
Hi all

I have been reading up on the RGBA debate vs 12w and im still confused.

I want to order a redeemer. Mid blue with flash on crash in preferably white (obi wan), or purple otherwise.

what is my best option for a really nice bright blue overall with that?

thanks in advance!

Here's my artic blue at night 12w
Attachments:
  • ...-6.jpeg (516KB)
The force is strong in this one.but the dark side is always there
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Kered.

RGBA vs 6/6/12W 4 months 2 weeks ago #41514

• Jaguar_7777
I understand that 12w one color will be brightest. But does that have some flash on clash feature?

I want to know how to have brightest blue with that preferably white?

thanks.

RGBA vs 6/6/12W 4 months 2 weeks ago #41519

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 351
If you get 12w in a Champion tier saber (which uses the Sabercore soundboard), you won't have FoC because all 4 of the die in the LED are on all the time. If you go Hero tier (with the Spark 2 soundboard) you can have FoC, but at most you'll get 9w out of the LED because one die will have to be dedicated to FoC.
Forum FAQ
2005 MR Vader, Graflex 2.0, ASP hilt

RGBA vs 6/6/12W 4 months 2 weeks ago #41586

• Jaguar_7777
(im having trouble posting on here sorry if this has been repeated).

So am i correct that i could have the following based on your info Jaden?

6w Blue with 2B LED, 6w White with 2W LED FOC - and an option of 12W Artic Blue 2B2W all on....

or

12w 2RB2W LED artic blueish main blade, using 6w 2W as FOC only.

Is that configuration correct or possible as it might work for me then.

(again aiming for bright mid blue, with white FOC).

cheers

RGBA vs 6/6/12W 4 months 1 week ago #42439

• SuUpberSith
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 67
I have an order for a Sinister Prophecy "Hero" Colors are Red and deep blue. Which will make a purple. However in your opinions is it better to have the RGBA. This saber will be more for show. Thanks in advance. Flash on clash is a light need, but need nonetheless. lol
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515
  • Total Posts: 42.8k
  • Total Topics: 3125
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 0