Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question about reborn

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41523

• Burns3558
  • Premium Member
  • The force is strong in my family...
  • Thank you received: 30
Is the reborn model going to be an etsy limited item only or will it make it to the website as a regular item?

I would like to get a customized model but I dont know if I should buy the empty hilt now (and wait till customs is accepting commissions again) or wait till it's just a regular item on the main site.

Any help would he greatly appreciated!
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Burns3558. Reason: Forgot something
The topic has been locked.

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41533

• BZArcher
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 83
The Reborn was added to the ASP lineup, so even if it isn't on the main website there's no reason why the Customs team can't assemble (and modify) one for you from the ASP parts bin.

I wouldn't worry about buying an empty for fear of them running out - but if you want the excuse, go for it! ;)

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41535

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 436
Heads up Burns, your signature image is so large that your posts are getting cut off on mobile devices.

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41538

• Burns3558
  • Premium Member
BZArcher wrote:
The Reborn was added to the ASP lineup

I considered the ASP model but the feature I like most about the reborn is the 3 rails that run the length of the saber from top to bottom. It appears that the ASP model will have split those 3 rails in half, creating 6 pieces that I am not as fond of.

Borommakot wrote:
Heads up Burns, your signature image is so large that your posts are getting cut off on mobile devices.

I edited it... Lemme kno if that fixes it

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41540

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
True true, your signature is taking up most of the thread bro. You can try resizing the image, funny...I should know everything about this problem, it happens to me far too often. I also welcome to post your little padawan you have there own the thread I made specifically for them, if you'd like; it's not often that I come across other members with younglings. It's the Jedi youngling/sith adepts in training thread, take a look if you get a chance :lol: And yes I do believe the customs shop can easily make a custom reborn from ASP, trust me they can do anything. It's your call though.
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41544

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 436
Burns wrote:
I edited it... Lemme kno if that fixes it

Sorry, it's still not workin'. I'm on my PC now, but it's still cutting off a chunk of your posts :(.

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41556

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 204
The Reborn is currently available on Etsy, all silver and weathered versions.

Highly recommended. I have the all silver version, 12w+ purple, Viridium.
"I am the Senate"

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41562

• GreyJedi73
  • Thank you received: 15
WOW, I had yhis thought just this morning and someone has written a post about it!
My question is (after having a rather senior moment) are the elite hilts all one piece like th apprentice hilts or are the separate pieces like the ASP? Particularly the Reborn as it's a design that may be added to the growing wish list!

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41569

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Elite come in three tiers: T1 empty hilt only, T2 hilt with LED and blade, with option for AAA battery or Lithium-Ion, T3 hilt with LED and sound (currently one sound font) plus blade, with in-hilt recharge for Lithium Ion, T4 allows you to have the color mixing option, multiple sound fonts etc.

Note that if you want the brightest LED, T3 is the one now using 12W+. Color mixing (T4) comes at sacrificing brightness because of LED mixing. Therefore, all of my sabers stop at Tier 3 even though Tier 4 has additional sound fonts etc.

Reborn on Etsy is available on all four tiers.
"I am the Senate"

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41572

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1027
@Execute66
Couple of Q's. Have you had the Reborn long cos I don't recall seeing a Review Posted by you and with enjoyment in seeing the other's you have made don't want to miss out.
When you say silver, is that the silver anodise all over or with exception to the base, mid-grip and emitter rings being silver pc? I'm imagining the 12+purple to be truly amazing. Am contemplating Indigo for one.

Unless I read GreyJedi7'3 wrong, I think he was eluding to whether the hilt body was one piece (like apprentices) or if rear grip (with spines removed, claws from tip to spines are one long piece) is a separate piece to the switch section and separate again to the emitter.

Being the owner of one, you'd have first hand knowledge and reference.
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyJedi73

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41625

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Yes, I have not yet done a review of the Reborn. I take my time and do a review when the Force suggests I should do so. :)

My Reborn is completely silver anodize all over, no black dual tone whatsoever. Three versions were offered on Etsy: dual tone, all silver (mine) and weathered "V2".

I'm not completely sure actually about the body parts because it's not obvious by just looking at the saber. I do know the three claws are removable and one claw out of the three by design is very slightly loose. It's the same observation in all the Reborn reviews at SF Etsy reviews. The ASP website I recall has Reborn suggests the body can be separate from the emitter?

I like the Reborn. The unique design about it are the three claws - curved - thus giving the body of the saber a unique look to it.
"I am the Senate"

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41634

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 449
Elite Sabres are not one piece they are glued together during construction.

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41640

• Burns3558
  • Premium Member
ok fixed sig again... sorry. It looked normal on my phone last night but I see how big it looked from my work computer.

Ok so ovrcahst thats exactly what I was getting at. Without going too much into details, part of my custom idea would be to have the 3 rails that run the length of the saber taken off the saber and powder coated a different color from the body. It looks like the regular model has 3 pieces that come off the hilt by 2 screws. The ASP model will have those rails divided in half and they will line up where the body and switch section meet.

Are those 3 pieces that run the length of the saber removable? I added a pic below...

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41641

• GreyJedi73
Thanks OvrcAHst,

that's exactly what I meant! I was aware that on the full hilt (meaning not the ASP) that the spines were one piece (or three to be precise) but it never occurred to me to ask if this or other elite kilts came in sections.

Only wondering to determine whether to buy off the Etsy site or wait for ASP as sectioned pieces would make sound and light installation so much easier.

Think I kinda made up my mind while writing this! Still getting an empty Bane regardless, Oh hurry up Monday so I can put my order in!!!

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41663

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Hi Burns3558,

I have found a YouTube video by David Ogilvie on his Reborn Saber. It is a dual tone and has been upgraded by Shameem (a talented Saber installation guy you will hear mentioned a lot) however it does show how the spines/claws are removeable. Scroll to approximately 5 mins into the vid and you will see.

I have the link here:

David Ogilvy Reborn YouTube

I hope this is of interest,

For Tyeth

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41744

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1027
@Execute66
Yes, I have not yet done a review of the Reborn. I take my time and do a review when the Force suggests I should do so. :)
:lol: Understood. Here I thought that there's another review splashing around with the (infamous dimly lit indoor pool) Reborn that I was missing. (Yes, pun intended). I'll be on it like white on rice when you Post it *ahem* when the Force calls for it.
I like the Reborn. The unique design about it are the three claws - curved - thus giving the body of the saber a unique look to it.
I completely agree with this statement.
Therefore, all of my sabers stop at Tier 3 even though Tier 4 has additional sound fonts etc.
Have you ever considered going for a T4 (for the extra sound fonts etc.) but as a single 12w+ or did it become a cost effectiveness versus extra features debate?

@=Ottomatix=
Elite Sabres are not one piece they are glued together during construction.
For the benefit of DIY-ers (like GreyJedi73 intends to do), are they threaded parts glued and screwed? And if yes to the former, what's the odds of success with requesting no glue for easier disassembly for future DIY installs?

@Burns3558
Are those 3 pieces that run the length of the saber removable?
The legend known as For Tyeth and his link to the video answers you question.

@GreyJedi73
Only wondering to determine whether to buy off the Etsy site or wait for ASP as sectioned pieces would make sound and light installation so much easier.
Maybe you can get one from Etsy first and another from ASP when it launches :lol: much like your intended project with "won't mention here"-curved hilt? This way you can tinker with one and later with ASP tonker with that and end up with another pair.

@For Tyeth
Great call with the video link. Don't remember seeing that one before but now can say I have, Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41752

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
@Execute66

Have you ever considered going for a T4 (for the extra sound fonts etc.) but as a single 12w+ or did it become a cost effectiveness versus extra features debate?

My understanding is that is not an option available? T4 is RGB and comes at compromising brightness almost by definition of 4W plus 4W etc. combinations. I think the ideal option is T3 (brightest) and a sound card that has multiple sound fonts (this is a standard option available from other saber companies). But as SF sabers are so awesome, I am very happy with Champion Tier 3, one 12W+ color and one sound font.
"I am the Senate"

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41755

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Hi Execute66,

It is possible to have a single 12W if you request it in your order. This is taken from the fantastic FAQ's:

SF's saber with the most options. These feature a soundboard with 6 customizable soundfonts, which can be changed on the SD card included on every board, just inside the bottom of the hilt. There is both an onboard menu for some options, and a menu on the SD card to customize and set up your saber's settings to your preferred state. These come with a 12W LED, with a few options: Hero sabers offer color-changing abilities. You can, if you do not want color changing, request a single, 12W LED color to be solid

This option is hidden away but is available.

I hope this helps,

For Tyeth

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41763

• GreyJedi73
Ahhhh, this is all good news. I can quite easily see me spending an obscene amount of cash this year. then of course they're planning on releasing additional parts to ASP, Lord help my bank account!!! :S

Question about reborn 5 months 2 weeks ago #41764

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
Wouldn't the only benefit of that be the Spark sound board? In which case unless there's a decent price decrease for choosing a solid color only, I'd much rather simply get a Champion tier and upgrade the board to something like a NB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Heavy Flex v2.0 (14 Posts)
    • The adapter and chassis are separate parts. The adapter is for the blade socket section and the...
    • Heavy Flex v2.0 (14 Posts)
    • Quote: The adaptor and the hilt are both sold out from VV and the 2.0 is no longer in production from...
    • Quality Darth Vader repli... (6 Posts)
    • I suspect that Vader's hilt will be as in high demand this holiday season as the graflex was this...
    • Where to buy Timing Shims... (30 Posts)
    • It seems that the shims are availible as a pack on www.shopsaberparts.com for $14.99 I kinda wish...
    • Master Replica Force FX C... (16 Posts)
    • The Crees usually win out, mainly because the individual diodes are larger/brighter and are designed...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4401
  • Latest Member: w00kiee
  • Total Posts: 44.5k
  • Total Topics: 3204
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 7
  • Yesterday Open: 10
  • Today Answer: 61
  • Yesterday Answer: 85