Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Giveaway!

Giveaway! 2 months 2 days ago #41823

• GenericSteve
  • Thank you received: 2
Until such a time as my ASP system lightsaber hilt arrives, this little beauty is my favourite hilt.

It's been many a long year since I first purchased this lightsaber, but it's been solid, never failed me. Sublime in it's beautiful simplicity, amazing adaptable it can be used for any kind of force user, be they light side or dark.

I'll admit it's a little small for my hands but I can live with that.

Just the basics
Last Edit: 2 months 4 hours ago by GenericSteve. Reason: Trying to fix embedded picture
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot

Giveaway! 2 months 2 days ago #41835

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 181
I would have to say my favorite saber I currently own is my 2005 Master Replica ESB Vader. I was able to purchase it when my local Sharper Image was going out of business and had a huge clearance sale. This hilt (along with the ROTS Anakin my brother got at the same time) were the last two models Master Replica made before being bought/assimilated by Hasbro, and thus began the decline in quality.

It has been handled a lot over the years (with the grips starting to show some wear and tear), and though I've considered getting it converted for easier display, I've so far decided against it since the LED string blade is still fully functional.

My first saber was a Kenner ROTJ Vader from the 20th Anniversery of the OT; it got a lot of use, and eventually the blade cracked and had to be held together with electrical tape. After that I got a light only TPM Obi-Wan from the Star Tours gift shop in Disney World in 2000. I currently have a Korbanth Graflex 2.0 that I'm building, and have a SF ASP on the way.
Own: 2005 MR ESB Vader, Korbanth Graflex 2.0 (self-install)
Waiting On: ASP "Interceptor"
Want: Crossguard, Ventress-inspired
Last Edit: 2 months 2 hours ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: clearance not Clarence
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, =Ottomatix=, Borommakot

Giveaway! 2 months 2 days ago #41836

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 238
GenericSteve wrote:
Until such a time as my ASP system lightsaber hilt arrives, this little beauty is my favourite hilt.

It's been many a long year since I first purchased this lightsaber, but it's been solid, never failed me. Sublime in it's beautiful simplicity, amazing adaptable it can be used for any kind of force user, be they light side or dark.

I'll admit it's a little small for my hands but I can live with that.

http://imgur.com/PYEWLbS
And I'm over here, debating where or not to enter with the cardboard giftwrap tube that I've been playing with since starting my cosplay.

Giveaway! 2 months 2 days ago #41857

• Gaelis
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Waiting on my first Saberforge, so here is my current favourite.
Every Christmas we hold a celebration at our Church Youthwork and open with a video. This year was Star Wars themed.

So I had to go out and buy a Lightsaber that I didn't mind getting bashed about. And here it is.
Also attached, an epic fate-deciding duel between Daddy and daughter.

For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Giveaway! 2 months 2 days ago #41862

It's not finished yet, but the last couple hilt pieces just arrived today and I picked them up from the post office! This is my (as yet nameless) favourite (and currently, only) lightsaber hilt that I'm putting together myself. Besides these MHS parts I've got a NB v3 board, but I still need everything else for the inside (chassis, electronics, LEDs, etc). But it will be a grand and fun project. It's a little larger with all the parts than I expected but I love it because it's my own! I haven't decided on a blade colour yet but it'll be either green or deep blue.

Here's what I'm imagining it looking like with some colour added. Still debating on other details like handwraps, grips, or a carved sleeve covering made from a brass sink tube.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, Eddlyss64

Giveaway! 2 months 2 days ago #41868

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 87
Here's mine, The Mauler Staff by Saberforge! :) All my sabers are favorites but I guess this one is my favorite right now today, as the Force tells me!

I have taken photos of me holding it over the "infamous dimly lit pool" (as described by one member here :) ) where I do videos to show the LED colors at night.

When I first saw Darth Maul's saber in Episode 1, I thought that was the coolest damn looking saber! The triple combat scene where Maul takes out Qui Gon was just amazing. I never would have thought one day I would own one that come so close to the real thing in the movies. Now I have one, in 12W+ Red by SF. It's sick. It feels just right. The Crimson sound font is perfect and when I plug in both 37" blades, it's just one gigantic beast of a thing! Need I say anymore? :lol:

"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: SithLordLim, OvrcAHst

Giveaway! 2 months 2 days ago #41907

• Kouri
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 183
Personal fave is probably this MR Anakin:

Was gifted to me by a friend when he found out I'd taken up saber building. Took it from his personal collection and let me do whatever I wanted with it - even tearing the whole thing apart for electronics.

A few of the LEDs were broken, but the thing still worked really well. Had learned a bit from my PVC build, so I felt comfortable converting it.

TCSS conversion kit with a one-up Royal Blue Cree LED. Thumbscrew replaced with a button-head and Graflex button modified into a retention thumbscrew. Custom machined aluminum button adapters to make this thing tough enough for battle.

It's been the centerpiece of my Star Wars shelf ever since.

As for the contest requiring a picture of *me* holding it~ Well, had a little fun with cosplay and photoshop:

"That weapon IS mine!"
Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by Kouri.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SithLordLim, OvrcAHst

Giveaway! 2 months 2 days ago #41908

• OvrcAHst
  • Platinum Member
  • Grey - it is OvrcAHst.
  • Thank you received: 445
Amazing! Nice image embedding. That's some high resolution's going on there. That's an appropriate depiction in the final image too. Well done.

(I may be swayed into another owners favourite with a desire to my favourite. :ohmy: )

Giveaway! 2 months 2 days ago #41912

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 46
My favorite hilt that I own would have to be the first one I ever purchased. In 1996 I was lucky enough that my mom took me to Disney World. While we were in the Magic Kingdom traveling through Tomorrowland, I came across a shop that was selling a lot of Star Wars toys/games/memorabilia. As I was about to buy a Star Wars film cell, I saw it, behind the counter up on a shelf, an Icons Authentic Replicas Luke Skywalker Lightsaber from ANH. I froze in place as I stared at an object that has been a part of my favorite franchise since I was five.

I looked at my mom and asked if I could spend my summer lawnmower money on that? She said it was my choice and then I asked the sales woman behind the counter to purchase it. The woman looked at my mother and said, "Do you know how much that costs?" And my mom replied that it was her sons hard earned money and it was his choice. Since there were two of them up there, I had to be OCD and inspect them to get the better one (Good thing I did because one of them had a cracked display case). I took it back to the hotel and did everything in my power to not take it out and run around with it, making lightsaber sound effects.

Now if that weren't the best part, traveling back to NY going through the Orlando airport was the highlight. I wouldn't check the Icons box that contained the lightsaber and display case so I wanted to carry it on. Of course it had to go through security and I sent it through the X-ray machine where multiple airport security stopped the package and inspected it thoroughly. When they couldn't figure out what it was, they pulled my mother and I aside and made me take it out of the box and show them what it was. I started to get a little nervous, not because of the security, but because I had to take it out and didn't want them to ruin it. I was 14 years old trying to explain to a bunch of security guards what a lightsaber was and that it was a collectible and not a real weapon. Then I asked them all, "haven't any of you seen Star Wars?" All I got in response was a bunch of blank looks and a nod to package it back up and move along.

I am lucky to have a nice collection of MR sabers both hilts and fx collectibles but the one that stands out to this day is my Icons Luke Skywalker lightsaber. It started me on the path that I am on as a collector. To my knowledge, it was one of the first licensed replicas to be produced by a third party company. Because of where I purchased it and how, along with my mom's blessing, this remains my favorite hilt that I own. It's priceless.

- Light em up

The following user(s) said Thank You: Renaissance1459, SuUpberSith

Giveaway! 2 months 2 days ago #41913

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 201

I looooooove the Archon. So much I have a custom hilt and an empty coming to keep my Champion tier company.
Wish List: Rebel, Count, Insurgent, Regal, Legacy 2.0
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by h2soy.

Giveaway! 2 months 2 days ago #41917

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • *Inspirational Star Wars Quote*
  • Thank you received: 88
My "Favorite" lightsaber is only that by default: it's the only one I own right now. But at least it lights up, right? It's a Hasbro Ultimate FX "Anakin to Darth Vader" Color Change Lightsaber. I used to have three more Ultimate FX lightsabers, but I used them to duel with and they stopped being "lightsabers" and more just "white sticks with an occasional light-up spot". So now I've only got this one, which has all the lights intact but one red LED. I spray painted the top silver, but it doesn't look all that great. What should I use to paint plastic?

And it does change color. This red never seems as bright as the blue.

I guess I have to show a picture of me now, too. Sigh.. okay fine.

I am indeed a teenager. I certainly hope I haven't been acting like one, though, at least on this forum. My age doesn't disqualify me from this contest, does it?
Also, blah, I can only embed two images from the internet. Was the reason for that found?
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by RyanRising.

Giveaway! 2 months 2 days ago #41918

• ShadyPanda
My favorite saber originally belonged to my friend. At the time he was a huge saber geek and had a bunch in his collection. I asked him for one and he sold it to me for a very fair price. I can say that this saber has lasted a long time and has always been a trusty go to saber for me! :)

Giveaway! 2 months 2 days ago #41923

• Drahem
  • Thank you received: 14
I love this Saber .. I have two versions Thinking of getting a Amber one to create a Archon Staff. When funds permit..

I own, Relic, Archons.

Giveaway! 2 months 1 day ago #41925

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 238
Drahem wrote:
I love this Saber .. I have two versions Thinking of getting a Amber one to create a Archon Staff. When funds permit..

Twin Archons? Wow, they look phenomenal!

Giveaway! 2 months 1 day ago #41929

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Not sure this counts but it's the closest I have until ASP comes in and my vengeance build takes over as my favorite.
The reason this is my favorite is its perfectly balanced for a boken and has nice high quality wood. It's the one I use the most for iaido and I've been using to practice spins while I wait for my sabers.

Forgive the terrible form it made for a better picture.

Kickstarter ASP backer 1647
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by Artair.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, RyanRising

Giveaway! 2 months 1 day ago #41938

• Blorb
  • Have a nice day!!
  • Thank you received: 5
This is my favourite lightsaber that I own because my indiegogo is not yet ready and this is my one and only for now. It's a Uncle Milton wall light lightsaber,anakin. It has 8 different colours and at the end of the eight it has this one that goes around the colour wheel slowly then the cycle repeats when the activation box is pressed. It's quite short and has a removable blade.As a wall light,it is very weak and that white piece behind it is part of the hilt.removable from the wall through a small slot on the white piece.on ignition, colour change and shut down it has sound and it is not at all bright.Just got it from Japan last year.So...yeah.It is my only and it is my favourite.Thanks for reading!

...I can't upload the picture?why is "the attachment size to big"?
Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by Blorb.

Giveaway! 2 months 1 day ago #41939

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 452
In the past few years, I have had a number of sabers from a couple of manufacturers. However, since the first time I saw Obi-Wan's saber in A New Hope, that design has been my absolute favorite. The combination of the think-neck, and the wide flaring emitter just did it for me. From plastic sabers that I bought for my kids, to approximations by other saber shops, I had sought to possess this design! When I first came across Saberforge, and saw their assortment of thin-necks I was dumbstruck! Three (soon to be 4) beautiful designs, each tempting in its own way. Finally, last year when my wife told me I could order one as a birthday present, I was ecstatic and hesitant at the same time. My hesitation came from how much I loved the Prodigal Son, and Redeemer, but did not love the control box on them. Then I saw the Exhalted. While it was a small departure from the saber I first fell in love with, it was close enough to satisfy the fantasy! When I look at it, I am transported to that galaxy far, far away. When I hold it, I can almost feel the power of the force.

There are a lot of sabers that I still crave, but none of them could ever take the place of my Exhalted.

Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by Brax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Borommakot

Giveaway! 2 months 1 day ago #41951

• Nicklas Ryding
My favorite Lightsaber hilt is an old Hasbro Anakin lightsaber. (Unfortunately I can't upload a picture. It says: "The file size exceeds the maximum set by the administrator." However the picture file is only on 6 megabyte. Please answer if you know how to solve the problem :)

Why is it my favorite lightsaber?
-When I was a kid, some of my friends had some almost similar to this one. Therefore we played a lot of Star Wars battles against each other.
-It's a great starter saber. If you want to practice some of the Lightsaber forms or practice some orbits, and you don't want to buy a high-quality Lightsaber yet, this one is perfect!
-It has a green saber - With Anakins hilt! Awesome!

That's it. I'm really exited to see the other sabers in this competition!

Giveaway! 2 months 1 day ago #41973

• Darth_ludacris
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
my only saber the hasbro ultimate fx maul

Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by Brax.

Giveaway! 2 months 1 day ago #42003

• Burns3558
  • The force is strong in my family...
  • Thank you received: 10
Favorite saber is my Master Replicas LUKE ANH saber. This pic is stock and it is being converted at the moment. This was my first saber and without this saber I would have never found saberforge, never known what flash on clash or a rice port is, never known what a nano biscotti is. This saber was my gateway saber and still is my favorite saber from all the movies. I can't wait until APS opens back up so I can by a weathered graflex with a few changes of course.

Threaded Indented
  • Page:
Moderators: h2soy

Member Login

Latest Posts

• A question... (1 Posts)
    • So I've noticed a few IGG backers have gotten an update stating that after all is said and done and...
    • Wait Begins! 3.0 (902 Posts)
    • Quote: I ordered a 12W Green Warrior Consular on February 7th. Still no updates.... Damn, then I am likely...
    • Corran's Gambit (5 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: shots of it all ignited It might be awhile before I fire her up. I'm not going to use the electronic...
    • Corran's Gambit (5 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: shots of it all ignited It might be awhile before I fire her up. I'm not going to use the electronic...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 3967
  • Latest Member: Dakster
  • Total Posts: 37.6k
  • Total Topics: 2855
  • Total Sections: 12
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 8
  • Today Answer: 24
  • Yesterday Answer: 95