Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Custom Colors?

Custom Colors? 1 week 1 day ago #42804

• Goyax
  • We are not afraid of who we are, but of what we have become
In this video ---> Philip says that Amber is made using 4 amber dies and Blood orange is made by using 2 amber dies and 2 red dies.

My question is if it's possible to make a color that has 3 amber dies and 1 red die because i want something between those colors.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Custom Colors? 1 week 1 day ago #42813

You might want to email Justin at the customs shop and ask him (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ).

Custom Colors? 1 week 1 day ago #42821

• Snakeeyz99
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 57
Our SaberForge exclusive 12w X-2 single color module. Perfect for DIY saber builders looking for the brightest 12W LED on the market.

-20mm MCPCB star with 4x 3watt Cree XB-D LED dies

-Anodized black heat sink unit 1.00 OD 1.25 Length

-Narrow beam optic

-We color mix custom colors using red, green, blue, or amber dies, all custom colors will come pre resistored for a 3.7-4.5v battery set up
6W / 12W / 12W+ - 6 Watt LED and 12 Watt/+ LED. Refers to the power draw of the LED unit housed in the saber. LED modules from SF are based on 3W LED die housed inside a module; 6W LEDs have two LED die, 12W have 4. We are able to make our unique colors by custom mixing these four die at different strengths.

This would lead me to believe that they can, but I'd check with SF first. This question might go to sales or it might go to customs; I can't really tell in this case.
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by Snakeeyz99.

Custom Colors? 1 week 19 hours ago #42881

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them.
  • Thank you received: 97
I believe this is a custom shop request. A user by the name of ron11dot3 had a custom crossguard made a few months ago along with a custom "neon red" LED using red and red orange. https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/open-topics/2050-custom-zealot-with-12w-neon-red#23568

Custom Colors? 4 days 15 hours ago #43581

• Ramaloke
  • Thank you received: 12
Wonder how visibly different it would be from amber and blood orange. Would be cool to compare all three.

Custom Colors? 3 days 17 hours ago #43726

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them.
I'd personally love to see what 3 amber and 1 green would look like.

Custom Colors? 2 days 13 hours ago #43972

• corey2002
  • Thank you received: 1
i asked this question about a month ago and the response i got was "The color options we have available are listed in the drop down menu. If it's not on there, we are not able to do it at this time."

Custom Colors? 2 days 1 hour ago #44056

• schmots
  • Thank you received: 15
corey2002 wrote:
i asked this question about a month ago and the response i got was "The color options we have available are listed in the drop down menu. If it's not on there, we are not able to do it at this time."

Except for the Hero tier. There is full RGB slider modifications available. SF pre sets the 8 slots with 8 colors but you can customize those settings with the sliders. There is a youtube video somewhere of someone doing it, thats how I know.

Custom Colors? 2 days 1 hour ago #44057

Sliders? What? You twist the hilt to toggle between the different colours.
Last Edit: 2 days 1 hour ago by MusicallyInspired.

Custom Colors? 2 days 1 hour ago #44058

• Snakeeyz99
  • Elite Member
MusicallyInspired wrote:
Sliders? What? You twist the hilt to toggle between the different colours.

I think he's talking about the sliders available after you've jacked your SD card in your computer and are using the Spark Color Configuration Editor. You can use that to custom set your 9 light banks using 4 sliders of values from 0-255, and then once it's back in your saber you toggle between by twisting the saber on its axis. You can always use the on board editor to change the colors, but fine tuning in the configuration editor is much easier and more precise. You can also set your blaster deflect and clash colors there... not sure if you can do that using the on-board editor.

Custom Colors? 2 days 1 hour ago #44059

• schmots
that is what I was referring to.
Last Edit: 2 days 1 hour ago by schmots.

Custom Colors? 2 days 1 hour ago #44060

Ah! That's so cool. I didn't realize there was a configuration editor. I thought it was 8 hard-coded colours. That's so much cooler.

Custom Colors? 2 days 58 minutes ago #44061

• schmots
If SF updates from the spark color to the spark color 2, you can edit the colors without having to remove the SD card. There is an options menu that can be entered with a button sequence.

Custom Colors? 2 days 23 minutes ago #44064

• Snakeeyz99
  • Elite Member
schmots wrote:
If SF updates from the spark color to the spark color 2, you can edit the colors without having to remove the SD card. There is an options menu that can be entered with a button sequence.

Yeah, you just have to hold the Aux button when pulling the kill key (SF uses the Spark Color 2). I can see the benefits of seeing the color mixing right before you, but IMO the menu navigation is a bit slow when changing multiple fonts and it's more worth it to pull the SD card.
Last Edit: 2 days 20 minutes ago by Snakeeyz99.

Custom Colors? 1 day 17 hours ago #44162

• Froboy696
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey what kind of blue would go well mixing with purple??

I am planning to make my next saber contain purple with a type of blue that I can't decided which style.

Custom Colors? 1 day 17 hours ago #44167

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
Froboy696 wrote:
Hey what kind of blue would go well mixing with purple??

I am planning to make my next saber contain purple with a type of blue that I can't decided which style.

The following info is based in the assumption that you are getting a hero tier saber with 2 blade colors that mix for a 3rd

Well the purple LED is made with a 1:1 ratio of royal blue and red dies (1 of each in a 6w, 2 of each in a 12w). So if you were to go with purple for one of your colors and deep blue (made of all royal blue dies) for the other, your mixed color would be indigo (3 royal blue dies and 1 red die).
Last Edit: 1 day 17 hours ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: Brackets
The following user(s) said Thank You: Froboy696

Custom Colors? 1 day 17 hours ago #44169

• Froboy696
Jaden Korr wrote:
The following info is based in the assumption that you are getting a hero tier saber with 2 blade colors that mix for a 3rd

Well the purple LED is made with a 1:1 ratio of royal blue and red dies (1 of each in a 6w, 2 of each in a 12w). So if you were to go with purple for one of your colors and deep blue (made of all royal blue dies) for the other, your mixed color would be indigo (3 royal blue dies and 1 red die).

Sounds good!
Last Edit: 1 day 17 hours ago by Froboy696.

Custom Colors? 1 day 17 hours ago #44172

• Snakeeyz99
  • Elite Member
Well, you'd have to be a little careful in this case. Let's think of it like 4 die "spaces." To mix with purple, two slots are reserved for a Royal Blue and a Red die. Your options for blues would be:

Deep Blue (2 Royal Blue)
Medium Blue (1 Royal Blue, 1 Blue)
Light Blue (2 Blue)

You can also add the semi-blues available from 2 die:

Arctic Blue (1 Blue, 1 Green)
Cyan (1 Royal Blue, 1 Green)

Other colors worth noting:

Pink (Blue, Red)
Yellow (Green, Red)
White (Red, Blue, Green)

That leaves you with the following:

3 Royal Blue, 1 Red (Indigo-ish)
2 Royal Blue, 1 Blue, 1 Red (A more unsaturated [lighter] Indigo)
1 Royal Blue, 2 Blue, 1 Red (An even more unsaturated Indigo)
1 Royal Blue, 1 Blue, 1 Green, 1 Red (A bluish white)
2 Royal Blue, 1 Green, 1 Red (A more saturated bluish white)

Color conclusions based on this LED chromacity diagram. The closer to the center you go, the more unsaturated the color will be:

Custom Colors? 15 hours 32 minutes ago #44520

• Ramaloke
  • Thank you received: 12
I am sorry but that's a pretty awesome graph, thanks Snakeeyz. They should bring back Mr Wizard with light sabers.

Custom Colors? 12 hours 45 minutes ago #44565

• Froboy696
Deep Blue seems to be the best option. Then again, maybe I need to see this visually to properly decide how they would look together.
Threaded Indented
Moderators: Brax

Member Login

Latest Posts

• The secret Jedi (10 Posts)
    • Well color me impressed if you're putting it together on a phone! The only typos that really get in...
    • Color Clans (42 Posts)
    • I'll go with something unusual. What about a group of Sith that use blue light sabers; The Blue...
    • Color Clans (42 Posts)
    • I'm also voting for "Cobalt Crusaders" Since red is a Sith color, they could be The Blades of...
    • Color Clans (42 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: For Amber: The Sunset Squadron. I could live with this. Amber Assassins are a bit niche. I like...
    • ASP Reviews incoming!! (60 Posts)
    • Didn't see anyone share a link, but just in case anyone is only trolling the ASP section (which I...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 3646
  • Latest Member: bldeknght7
  • Total Posts: 29.6k
  • Total Topics: 2426
  • Total Sections: 11
  • Total Categories: 87
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 17
  • Today Answer: 170
  • Yesterday Answer: 291