Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Etsy Store / Website Suggestion

Etsy Store / Website Suggestion 1 day 4 hours ago #10808

Just thought I'd throw this out there, I like many others probably have ordered our saber without realizing there was the Etsy Store with better turnover. It would be helpful to point out that Etsy exists on the front page so customers can make an informed purchased considering the current lead time is roughly 12 weeks or more.

Personally I went with the Exhalted - Hero edition with colors (Red 6w & White 6w) Curious how the 12w color will look with the red and white... Thinking back I was wondering if I should go both red to get a 12w red color for a more pure red brightness. Pending how this turns out, I'm sure I'll be picking up a few more over the years. But hopefully as a much smaller wait time.

~ TD
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Etsy Store / Website Suggestion 1 day 3 hours ago #10813

• Brax
  • Elite Member
  • Like received: 28
Understandable!

We all do the best we can to inform folks of all of their options before making an order, but it assumes that they will do sufficient reading here to become aware. I will have to look again, but I don't think there is even a sticky in the forum with that information. That would probably be easier to arrange than a change on the main website. Perhaps one of our moderators, Darth Mario, could take that possibility into consideration.

I also suggest you browse, and perhaps petition to join the Custom Lightsaber Owners Group on Facebook. Lots of good information being shared there as well.

By the way, I admire your choice of sabers. I have an Exhalted on order myself.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 1 day 3 hours ago by Brax.

Etsy Store / Website Suggestion 1 day 2 hours ago #10816

Well I personally lean towards the Sith side myself, and was tempted on the Inquisitor saber. But the prongs wouldn't help with walking around campus as much as a straight saber. And the Exhalted just seems to have that more classic look and feel to it.

I only mention the banner or something on the main page, because I'm sure others like myself won't check the forums till after having made an order. But then again, hindsight eh?

I may use it more than just for an expensive flashlight at work, probably not sparring but more likely solo choreography wearing the black dominion coat in my avatar. I'm not going for anything straight out of the Star Wars universe, but a look more my own style that might fit. Cosplay for sure, but different.

~ TD

Etsy Store / Website Suggestion 1 day 2 hours ago #10817

• Brax
  • Elite Member
tech_droid wrote:
Well I personally lean towards the Sith side myself, and was tempted on the Inquisitor saber. But the prongs wouldn't help with walking around campus as much as a straight saber. And the Exhalted just seems to have that more classic look and feel to it.

I only mention the banner or something on the main page, because I'm sure others like myself won't check the forums till after having made an order. But then again, hindsight eh?

I may use it more than just for an expensive flashlight at work, probably not sparring but more likely solo choreography wearing the black dominion coat in my avatar. I'm not going for anything straight out of the Star Wars universe, but a look more my own style that might fit. Cosplay for sure, but different.

~ TD

The practice of wearing a saber while out in public is quaintly referred to here as "Open carry". Of course, at a place like LucasFilm, it is probably viewed as an allowable business related wardrobe accessory. B) :silly:

As for sabers that lean more towards the sith side, I would submit that any saber model with a weathered, grey weathered, or solid black finish and a red, blood red, amber, or yellow blade would give off that vibe.

Etsy Store / Website Suggestion 1 day 1 hour ago #10823

There are a couple of reasons I picked Exhalted, classic look being one and functionality for being held with two hands over the Redeemer.

On the topic of weathered look, weathered in my opinion gives the impression of being used over time. Regardless of Sith or Jedi, most hilts would have a clean appearance at first before showing it's age. In my case, it was just a preference to keep that new and shiny over looking weathered.

Looking at the official LucasFilm branded Darth Vader hilt produced a while back, it's black accents against chrome with no weathered look. Personally I think how one dresses will better suit which side you lean... hilt design overall is personal preference and can be altered accordingly.

Since I'm well liked at work and respected by everyone I support, I chose a white color to represent my good side. Red secondary for when I'm in one of those moods. And the 12w combo of red and white will represent my balance.

So pending on the color I have my hilt set will best represent the mood I'm in...

~ TD
Last Edit: 1 day 1 hour ago by tech_droid.

Etsy Store / Website Suggestion 1 day 51 minutes ago #10826

• Brax
  • Elite Member
I certainly don't argue your choice. I fell in love with the Exhalted the first time I saw it! All of the classic features of Luke's ROTJ, and Obi Wan's Episode III/IV sabers, without the control box. As you can see in my avatar, it is definitely my thing! Mine will be in standard finish, with an arctic blue blade, just like the picture.

In fact, I am considering making a picture very much like that one with my own hands around my own saber after it arrives. Might lack some of the background animation and star fields, but it will be mine!

Etsy Store / Website Suggestion 23 hours 38 minutes ago #10833

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Like received: 61
Hey TD, I hope you realize that white does a reeeeeaaally good job of washing out color. I will be kinda surprised if you can see the red at all when both white dice are on. If you can see it at all, it's probably going to be a very very light pinkish red color.

I have a saber with 1 blue, 1 cyan and only 1 white. The white washes out almost all of the blue and cyan leaving behind a barely off-white color. I'm cool with it because that's what I was going for, but with 2 white dice and 2 colored dice you're probably not going to get much other than white.

Maaaaybe that won't be the case, but I'm pretty confident that it will be. If that's what you're going for, more power to you, I'm just letting you know.

Etsy Store / Website Suggestion 23 hours 30 minutes ago #10834

• Knytiri
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Elite Member
  • Like received: 45
According to Phil, they just released a new version of their white, which is 3 white and 1 blue, which creates a slightly "frost" look to it. So I would imagine that the red will do the same in a little stronger sense, creating a very light red... very very light red. Either way, I'm interested to see what the outcome is! :) Make sure you take lots of pics. ;)

Etsy Store / Website Suggestion 22 hours 22 minutes ago #10840

• Brax
  • Elite Member
Nothing we like hearing more than new saber testimonials/reviews!

Etsy Store / Website Suggestion 11 hours 18 minutes ago #10860

I think that this first go around isn't going to try for a serious die hard color that fans would demand. If the red washes out, that's fine. I hope it will be white with a hint of red at the base.

Your always taking an educated guess the first time, and I'm sure it will make my first choice that much more special. It will have qualities that most would think of doing, so when it arrives I'll take pics with my Nikon D750. I do photography as my hobby, and have the best people to learn from in the industry.

~TD

Here is some of my early photography, I mainly do night and dance/action photography. The dance crew is the Academy of Villains that's currently on the TV show Fake Off - TruTV on Wed night.

https://flickr.com/photos/48532217@N03/sets/72157650584245225

https://flickr.com/photos/48532217@N03/sets/72157651818565896
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• the dark apprentice cospl... (3 Posts)
    • Looks like a great idea. Can't wait to see the final product. What other materials do you think you...
    • Quick ship katana (12 Posts)
    • I like the idea of the tsuba being used a guard. I wonder if would protect fingers during dueling. I...
    • Double bladed? (8 Posts)
    • Ya I def like the idea of one long saber and one short saber. Similar to the way the musketeers did...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 1358
  • Latest Member: Pax_819
  • Total Posts: 7575
  • Total Topics: 722
  • Total Sections: 9
  • Total Categories: 59
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 10
  • Today Answer: 35
  • Yesterday Answer: 60