Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Double bladed?

Double bladed? 5 days 5 hours ago #10842

• Luno-Jay
  • Premium Member
  • Like received: 13
hey there,
will have my coupler and 2 new sabers in a few weeks, and was wondering on what some of your opinions where on double bladed vs two handed ( or single saber)
also would love to see some pictures if anyone does have one!
thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Double bladed? 5 days 4 hours ago #10844

• Aproximo
  • Whatever you're gonna do, do it fast.
  • Like received: 2
Luno, I'm not sure what you are asking in your request for opinion. If I had a matched pair and coupler I would surely display it that way. If you want to know what people think looks cooler it's double bladed as well and when fighting I also think it looks cooler. As far as actually doing the fighting 2 blades is much more complicated than I can handle and with a staff I have only the basic moves so if you want to look good exhibiting skills with a lightsaber, in my opinion unless you are really good, go with one.

Double bladed? 4 days 20 hours ago #10853

• janus
  • Like received: 5
It was just my opinion, double bladed saber wielding needs completely different principles from one handed.
The movements are based on circular although one handed are based on linear.
It's difficult but much fun!

Like this

Two handed wielding may be dull if you don't have enough wrist power.
I would love one handed sharp movements rather than two handed.
If you are burly enough, I recommend two handed :)
Own: Descent RGBA(soon)
Luxeon converted Hasbro Darth Maul FX
Ultrasabers Guardian
Last Edit: 4 days 20 hours ago by janus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: O.G. Jedi Lord, FailedJedi

Double bladed? 4 days 19 hours ago #10856

• Luno-Jay
  • Premium Member
Thanks for the replies!
I was just wondering what others experiences or opinions were of double bladed, as well as see some pictures or videos to help the waiting process seem a little less hellish :) lol (thanks for the videos btw! Awesome work!)
I am a proficient single saber wielder, do a lot of dueling and choreography with swords and sabers and was just trying to get an idea of where people stand on the different weapons of light. Thanks again!
Defiantly can't wait to get mine, should act like a bostaff I would imagine

Double bladed? 4 days 18 hours ago #10861

• janus
Haha sorry master!
In fact, there are no martial arts to wield two of long swords just like in SW movies.
In my opinion, It's because there are no advantages.
Two of short blades to rush or one long and one short blade for diffense(Japanese Katana Ni-touryu) are combat reasonable.

BTW, this topic is one of my big interest.
Please show me your work!
Ultrasabers Guardian

Double bladed? 4 days 18 hours ago #10862

• Luno-Jay
  • Premium Member
janus wrote:
Haha sorry master!
In fact, there are no martial arts to wield two of long swords just like in SW movies.
Two of short blades to rush or one long and one short blade for diffense(Japanese Katana Ni-touryu) are combat reasonable.

Master? Lol by no means! Wielding two has some advantages, such as speed. One long and one short is a timeless combo. This will be my first double bladed once I put them together (which of course I'll post some picture) I have ally of experience with a bo-staff, which I can't imagine is very much different.. Maybe just getting used to a smaller grip and handling zone but I'll be sure to put up some demo videos asap!
If you wanna see some of the work I've done on the actual sabers I have pictures posted!
Last Edit: 4 days 18 hours ago by Luno-Jay.

Double bladed? 4 days 18 hours ago #10863

• janus
Yeah, short-long sword combo has great advantage.

If it's real lightsaber, I often cut my neck or fingers by saber staff :P
Saber staff wielding of Ray Parks is based on bo-staff technics as you know, but we can't hold the end to get more reach.

Looking forward to seeing !
Ultrasabers Guardian

Double bladed? 4 days 8 hours ago #10878

• Darth Titus
  • Like received: 1
Ya I def like the idea of one long saber and one short saber. Similar to the way the musketeers did things ( rapier and main gauche). Although the staff is incredibly badass. When I get my sabers I have to practice to get my spins down ad good as they are in the videos in this section.
“Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken…about a great many things.”

Double bladed? 4 days 6 hours ago #10887

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Like received: 65
Luno-Jay wrote:
janus wrote:
Haha sorry master!

Master? Lol by no means! Wielding two has some advantages, such as speed. One long and one short is a timeless combo. This will be my first double bladed once I put them together (which of course I'll post some picture) I have ally of experience with a bo-staff, which I can't imagine is very much different.. Maybe just getting used to a smaller grip and handling zone but I'll be sure to put up some demo videos asap!
If you wanna see some of the work I've done on the actual sabers I have pictures posted!

You really think a double bladed saber will be very much like using a bo staff? I can't disagree with that enough. I just can't.

Double bladed? 4 days 6 hours ago #10888

• Luno-Jay
  • Premium Member
please enlighten me then,
i don't have one, so i can't speak from experience, but i do have a bostaff..and honestly the way I've used it in my experience i think it would be similar.
why disagree with someone and not back yourself up?
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Sith costume (11 Posts)
    • Very Awesome Hellwolve. I'm sure you've tried a lot of face paint ideas and I like how you've kept...
    • Upcoming SaberForge Relea... (196 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Im going to have to pick up another job now to aquire some of these beauties. Don't forget that...
    • Hilts suitable for childr... (5 Posts)
    • Others have said it and I have to agree about the consular. I love mine and recommend the consular...
    • Saber Collection so far (5 Posts)
    • What kind of custom are you doing and who with? There are so many amazing saber smiths out there. I...
    • Sith costume (11 Posts)
    • That's pretty awesome! Love the look on the shoulders, and that chestpiece!

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 1370
  • Latest Member: TehSaint
  • Total Posts: 7819
  • Total Topics: 737
  • Total Sections: 9
  • Total Categories: 59
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 72