Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Quick Connects

Quick Connects 1 day 3 hours ago #11355

• Knightwolf
  • Only when they hear the howling under the moon, shall they know who strikes.
  • Like received: 2
Ok so I'm still new to the saber world and still have a ton of questions but I was wondering how to the LED Quick Connects work? By that I mean does it just make the LEDs easier to change or does it make them use less power? I'm just curious.
Champion Acolyte Deep Blue soon to be
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Quick Connects 1 day 3 hours ago #11356

• Knytiri
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Member
  • “At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.”
  • Like received: 67
Quick connects are a plug on the wires, so all you have to do is unplug the LED and plug in a new one. Without them if you were going to change the LED in a saber, you would have to re-solder the wires to the board or LED itself in order to connect it and get it to work. It doesn't affect the power draw of the LED. :)

Quick Connects 1 day 3 hours ago #11358

• Knightwolf
Alrighty then, that makes more sense now. Thank you Knytiri! If I may, does the LED just pop out when you loosen the retention screw or do you have to get in and pull?

Quick Connects 1 day 3 hours ago #11359

• Knytiri
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Member
  • “At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.”
  • Like received: 67
Once you loosen it, it'll slide out. Be careful doing so, you don't want to stretch or pull the wires any further out than absolutely necessary. :) If it doesn't slide out easily, try loosening the screw more, or even removing it to make sure it's not just barely catching anything, then gently knocking the top of the emitter against something to get it to wiggle down. :)

Quick Connects 1 day 3 hours ago #11360

• Knightwolf
Awesome! Thank you again Knytiri! I appreciate the help! :cheer:
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Ode to Graflex (1 Posts)
    • Anyone else out there share my love for the Graflex? ESB was and probably still is one of my...
    • Jedi Ny (22 Posts)
    • So here's my question for you, jedi ny.. would you be able to do anything in a slightly customized...
    • upgrading 6w to 12w (3 Posts)
    • If it's a 6w warrior it runs on AAA batteries. Meaning to upgrade it to the 12W and have a decent...
    • Upcoming SaberForge Relea... (222 Posts)
    • I want those adaptive parts sooooooooooooo bad!
    • upgrading 6w to 12w (3 Posts)
    • no cause u would probs be making a battery bomb and the 12w wont work right

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 1381
  • Latest Member: JediJules
  • Total Posts: 8096
  • Total Topics: 757
  • Total Sections: 9
  • Total Categories: 59
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 45
  • Yesterday Answer: 73