Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: memorial day sale has made me final take the leap

memorial day sale has made me final take the leap 1 year 2 months ago #11444

• Hagman
  • Thank you received: 3
So guys ive been looking at a champion gladius and a champion acolyte for a while now and I was always scared about spending that amount of money. I saw the memorial day sale and well i bought them lol. going to be getting a weathered gladius with dark green wrap and a green blade(going for a brutal knight) for myself and a acolyte with standard hilt with purple blade for my gf. im getting quick connects put on so I already have a fair idea what ill spend my $100 voucher on :P so so glad i waited that little bit
The topic has been locked.

memorial day sale has made me final take the leap 1 year 2 months ago #11445

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 339
I saw the memorial day sale and well i bought them lol.
Yeah, this sale moved up my timeline for planned purchases as well. Feel uncomfortable spending that much now but the 20% ($100 GC) + stand +belt I couldn't pass up!

memorial day sale has made me final take the leap 1 year 2 months ago #11480

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
Weren't people just saying here recently that there weren't going to be any more sales until they caught up on their orders? What happened to that?

memorial day sale has made me final take the leap 1 year 2 months ago #11481

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Technically this one's a giveaway.. but. Yeah. They did say they weren't going to have any sales until they caught up some. maybe they figured they're making progress and changed their mind, or maybe just popular sway pushed em into it. Dunno.. either way, sadly, I don't get to partake in this one though I would absolutely love to :(

memorial day sale has made me final take the leap 1 year 2 months ago #11496

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 744
I am still mulling it over. If any of the new releases had dropped, that would likely seal it. As it is, the only one currently available, and on my "gotta have at some point" list is the Silver Knight. If I did that, then that will be it for this year, and I am not sure I want to burn that opportunity just yet.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

memorial day sale has made me final take the leap 1 year 2 months ago #11498

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Phil on the 3 designs for this month:
Phillip Isherwood Sorry, they are coming next week
(from Facebook)

memorial day sale has made me final take the leap 1 year 2 months ago #11500

• Brax
  • Administrator
Yeah, too late for this sale. :(

memorial day sale has made me final take the leap 1 year 2 months ago #11506

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Yep.. but if.. I think it was Approx's idea of buying a gift card is viable... you could still buy the gift card, get the giveaways, and use the giftcard on the new saber models. If it works that way. :)

memorial day sale has made me final take the leap 1 year 2 months ago #11507

• Aproximo
  • Premium Member
  • Whatever you're gonna do, do it fast.
  • Thank you received: 12
I suspect this give away is pretty much business motivated and if it is it's a good one. They are ramping up facility and staff and likely need some cash flowing in. They have a ton of awesomeness about to arrive this summer. They likely have some existing unassembled stock that would be good to move before it becomes stale on the shelves due to the new stuff. Give the folks willing to take the not new stuff a bonus, gab some cash and put any new sabersmiths to work learning to build all that. If it wasn't the plan, it should have been.

From my point of view it's not as awesome as getting all the goodies and a new design but getting all the goodies and a hundred bucks off a new design is not a bad thing.

memorial day sale has made me final take the leap 1 year 2 months ago #11511

• Brax
  • Administrator
The new designs will come, and eventually we will have the ASP system in parallel. I agree having the new ones with the sale would have been the best scenario, I think this summer is still shaping up to be pretty awesome from a saber perspective!

memorial day sale has made me final take the leap 1 year 2 months ago #11523

• Hagman
I was definitely going to wait for a sale, was hoping for a discount but additional stuff is good enough :p pretty sure we are going to get 2, 12w leds with quick connects for some new colours with the $100 voucher. The deal is pretty sweet I just wish they had put sizes of the awesome new belts up so I knew if it would fit (big chunky dude lol)

memorial day sale has made me final take the leap 1 year 2 months ago #11525

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 56
yea man i agree, if they hold up to their deadlines, we are looking at some pretty incredible designs coming up over the summer months.
SUCKS that the new sabers are so close, and also that this sale came out of the blue.
a week after they say that they won't be doing deals or sales they come out with one…and would it kill to give a little more updates on when the new sabers are coming out? i mean i guess they do the best they can, but i ordered mine last week…and if i would have known about this sale..or as someone said, that the new sabers are coming out in the next week i would have waited.
great job saber forge, you got my wallet crying double as hard! lol

memorial day sale has made me final take the leap 1 year 2 months ago #11529

• Hagman
Luno i got a feeling this sale was to launch the belts. They seem to be the main focus of the sale

memorial day sale has made me final take the leap 1 year 2 months ago #11531

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 56
Hagman wrote:
Luno i got a feeling this sale was to launch the belts. They seem to be the main focus of the sale

truth, i think your probably right too, just wish i coulda been apart of it! the belts look awesome ( and gift vouchers are always good too lol B) )
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP Site Is Live! (43 Posts)
    • Nice to see real life pics of all of the parts in their various finishes. Too bad there are already...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (175 Posts)
    • Did she put a mail hold on her house? In the US you can ask the Post Office to hold your mail for up...
    • For Sale: Weathered Champ... (1 Posts)
    • I picked up a Champion Bane through the ASP Kickstarter and after looking at my collection I came to...
    • auxiliary sound removal? (4 Posts)
    • They are my kids Consulars. The button does protrude. I have made some sleeve type things to fit...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (175 Posts)
    • She went to her summerhouse in Delaware from her real house, which is also the shipping address, in...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4382
  • Latest Member: bmetz6156
  • Total Posts: 44.2k
  • Total Topics: 3183
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 34
  • Yesterday Answer: 63