Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Point of no return...

Point of no return... 1 year 1 month ago #11825

• tech_droid
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Just curious for those who have ordered their saber and toggled back and forth on their purchase as they wait the 12+ weeks for delivery. When have you found that your pretty much locked in and no longer have the option of making a change?

I'm pretty sure others have had thoughts about what they picked and about revising the order. Either way, I was curious what others have experienced in regards to changes before it's finally shipped.

~ TD
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thekraken8him

Point of no return... 1 year 1 month ago #11826

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 271
I JUST went thru this scenario myself. Send an email to em explaining your dilemma and they're pretty good about handling it in regards to cancellations and refunds.
I think on their FAQs they state there's a 15% restocking fee. But I think they'll waive it in most instances as your most likely just changing which product you wanted instead of not buying a product all together.
I tried revising my order in the 11th week thru email. Received an email 5 days after my revision request saying it went into production and gave me the pre-shipping info. Then finally received a reply to my inquiry a few days ago saying that they understand my dilemma and situation. And to simply send the saber back or refuse shipment and return to sender. As long as it returns to them in a condition that they can still sell it and they'll refund the cost.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by NeBosa. Reason: adding comments

Point of no return... 1 year 1 month ago #11827

• tech_droid
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Ah, my change is just a simple color change to one of the blade colors I picked since I went with the Hero level that includes two choices. Nothing too involving...

~ TD

Point of no return... 1 year 1 month ago #11830

• Knightwolf
  • Premium Member
  • Only when they hear the howling under the moon, shall they know who strikes.
  • Thank you received: 4
If you email them and ask they will most likely be able to do the change. About a two days after placing my order I thought about upgrading it and asked what I needed to do and they walked me through the steps to take. Same thing when I asked about making a change for the LED. Worst thing anyone can say is no. :)
Champion Acolyte Deep Blue
Champion Vengeance Indigo

Point of no return... 1 year 1 month ago #11832

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 732
As change requests go, that one is pretty straight forward. I think you stand a pretty good chance of getting a positive reply.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Point of no return... 1 year 1 month ago #11833

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
Well... I never second guessed anything I ordered but your PONR is supposedly when you get shipped status.

As has been said, shoot an email and see what happens. I'm guessing they'll accommodate you.

Point of no return... 1 year 1 month ago #11835

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 56
i have actually changed the entire saber order ( from an apprentice level to a elite) over a week from the initial order. they were really great and communicative during the process and everything turned out just as i wanted in the end. i would go with what everyone said and reach out to them, i'm sure they could accommodate you for your changes

Point of no return... 1 year 1 month ago #11840

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 336
They've been super accommodating with me as well. Just expect several business days between email replies.

Point of no return... 1 year 1 month ago #11848

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
Generally speaking, changes can be made to an order while the order status is listed as "confirmed" on the website. And the status will remain "confirmed" for most of the lead time, so you'll have several weeks to ho and hum about any blade color changes ;) Once an order status changes to "shipped," it means a shipping label has been printed and your saber is on the table ready to be built, at that point it's not possible to make any changes to your order.

I got lucky on my very first order over a year ago, I emailed Phil asking to change my blade color after several weeks of debating with myself (this was back when the lead time was like 4-6 weeks), and he said that my order was scheduled to go onto the build list the next day, so I literally got my change in at the last second, lol.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

Point of no return... 1 year 1 month ago #11902

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 28
I've been second guessing my choice of leather wrap for days now. Glad to know I can change it if need be. I'm getting a Gladiator and went with the standard brown leather, but now I'm thinking the brown reptile would add a little somethin somethin. I've been watching videos and googling pics like mad recently, but I've got some time to mull it over.

Point of no return... 1 year 1 month ago #11904

• Knightwolf
  • Premium Member
This thread is getting me rethinking about the LED wattage now haha

Point of no return... 1 year 1 month ago #12144

• Darth Titus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Does anybody know if you can add things to an existing order such as quick connects or extra blades? 5 weeks in on my order. Just a curiosity
“Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken…about a great many things.”

Point of no return... 1 year 1 month ago #12148

• Knightwolf
  • Premium Member
Darth Titus, you should be able to if you email and ask. They will most likely say yes, though that was my experience, and you'll just have to pay through paypal. Worst thing anyone can say is no :)

Point of no return... 1 year 1 month ago #12151

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
When I asked this they said to just make a separate order, it's easier on them, for blades, belt clips, etc. For quick connects you'd email them and they'll let you know if it's still modifyable and direct you from there.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104