Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: How to get wires back into hilt after LED swap

How to get wires back into hilt after LED swap 2 months 1 week ago #57865

• Schwizzle
  • Thank you received: 4
I'm having a tough time getting the wiring back into my Bastion after swapping LED colors. Primarily the red wire coming off of the switch to the LED quick connect. I've tried bending a paper clip to hook onto the wire, coming in from the bottom of the hilt, but even that is hit or miss. I'm hoping there is something easy I'm missing.

Thanks.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Schwizzle.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to get wires back into hilt after LED swap 2 months 1 week ago #57870

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 449
Schwizzle, I'm guessing you have a Warrior tier saber? Welcome to the art of Cram-Fu. Be patient, you will eventually get it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schwizzle

How to get wires back into hilt after LED swap 2 months 1 week ago #57873

• Schwizzle
  • Thank you received: 4
=Ottomatix= wrote:
Schwizzle, I'm guessing you have a Warrior tier saber? Welcome to the art of Cram-Fu. Be patient, you will eventually get it.

Yep, sorry, I forgot to mention that. Warrior Bastion with quick connects. I'm able to get a hold of that red wire actually and pull it down, it is the bulkiness of the resistors/quick connects that is holding things up.

I have a Warrior Consular as well; for whatever reason it is easier to do Cram-Fu on.

Like you said though, patience.....and cautious persistence.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Schwizzle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

How to get wires back into hilt after LED swap 2 months 1 week ago #57875

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 449
Schwizzle, I've a suggestion, but first a question. With the LED module and battery pack removed can you see through the lenght of the saber? I'm sure the switches are in the way, but this may be an option to consider. The LED module you are trying to install has QC's. Tie a lenght of dental floss around the wire side of the LED module QC. Then fish the floss past the switches and out the pommel end. This lasso technique may help you divert the QC once you connect it and start drawing it in, via the floss from the pommel end. Good luck

How to get wires back into hilt after LED swap 2 months 1 week ago #57931

• Rennek
  • Thank you received: 10
Hey Schwizzle. Just wanted to see if you've had any luck with this issue. I've got a Bastion on order with quick connects, and since I'm not very skilled at wiring things, I'm wondering if I should bother ordering a new LED unit.

How to get wires back into hilt after LED swap 2 months 5 days ago #58253

• thedonsaber
  • Thank you received: 8
My advice for you guys is to always be careful, just like the instructions say. I wouldnt even call it Cram Fu, Id call it Be Careful Foo. One of my Sabers with quick connects was damaged by whoever put it together. Because it was clear to see before I even attempted to swap my LED. So I have a few emails out to customer support. But it was working and then it wasnt. So now even my other saber which is a duplicate (I got 2 Consulars), I dont just change the LEDs anymore. I dont want to run the risk of it stop working. Well I am thinking now its not just me. Its hard for people. I like that dental floss technique tho.
2 Weathered Consulars 26in Red w/ coupler for 6 year old
Orcacle 32in Green for me.
Champion, Quick Connects, 12W on all
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenthea

How to get wires back into hilt after LED swap 2 months 4 days ago #58372

• Amenthea
  • Thank you received: 1
thedonsaber wrote:
My advice for you guys is to always be careful, just like the instructions say. I wouldnt even call it Cram Fu, Id call it Be Careful Foo. One of my Sabers with quick connects was damaged by whoever put it together. Because it was clear to see before I even attempted to swap my LED. So I have a few emails out to customer support. But it was working and then it wasnt. So now even my other saber which is a duplicate (I got 2 Consulars), I dont just change the LEDs anymore. I dont want to run the risk of it stop working. Well I am thinking now its not just me. Its hard for people. I like that dental floss technique tho.

This. Unfortunately I had an issue with mine (LED intermittent) on receipt and on carefully sliding out the LED I could see the QC cable was bent at a right angle and looks to have either snapped or just be hanging on by a thread under the rubbery wrap which was still allowing an intermittent connection to be made.

Also emailed CS to see what they say (just over a week old :( ) so my other colour LED order is on hold until I see what they say. Heard good things about SF's customer service though.

Ottomatix's method sounds like it would work quite well, depending on how my case turns out I'll be trying it out when it comes to putting the LED back in.

How to get wires back into hilt after LED swap 2 months 2 days ago #58613

• thedonsaber
  • Thank you received: 8
same here on that wait, almost a week
2 Weathered Consulars 26in Red w/ coupler for 6 year old
Orcacle 32in Green for me.
Champion, Quick Connects, 12W on all
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Hot August Knights Sale (14 Posts)
    • I feel so silly...I always wanted the new Phoenix stand and a couple of blade plugs and kill keys to...
    • Hot August Knights Sale (14 Posts)
    • Eddlyss64 sorry for my morning rant. I was just feeling low, and seeing the new sale kinda rubbed me...
    • ASP Graflex, Ep4 screen v... (8 Posts)
    • I am really liking the concept of modular hilts. The whole plug and play really makes this hobby...
    • ASP review - Vengence (6 Posts)
    • Okay, now that my Graflex has came in I was able to switch the body to the rightful hilt. The...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4408
  • Latest Member: holy assassin
  • Total Posts: 44.6k
  • Total Topics: 3223
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 11
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 69