Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Saber Sensitivity for Spinning

Saber Sensitivity for Spinning 1 year 1 month ago #12406

• sambot9000
  • Thank you received: 6
So, I've gotten comfortable spinning my Warrior Saber, and I think I'm ready for sound, but I have to ask...

Can the Viridian soundboard keep up with the spinning such that the sound is accurate to the revolutions?

I'm worried that I'll drop $300 on a saber that makes sounds at inappropriate times and that my little ocd voice will pipe up every time.

How sensitive can you make the saber sound?
Does it keep up with high speed spins?
Has anyone seen any youtube videos that demonstrate one way or the other?

Thanks for your time!

Sambot9000
Joy through movement
Connection through community
Confidence through mastery
- HeroesInPublic.com
The topic has been locked.

Saber Sensitivity for Spinning 1 year 1 month ago #12410

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
You can make it keep making sounds while you're spinning it, but it's not going to sound right. I actually prefer spinning sabers without sound for that reason.

That being said, the Crystal Focus 7.5 board actually has the capability to what you want. It's the only board so far that has a separate sound bank for spinning sounds and recognizes and differentiates between swings and spins.

So that might be something for you to look into. Keep in mind, though, that board isn't cheap and unless you are capable of installing it yourself, you'll probably be paying a decent amount to get a sabersmith to install it for you.

Saber Sensitivity for Spinning 1 year 1 month ago #12413

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
^^ Exactly what he said... the higher end boards have spinning detection, and there are fonts specifically designed to make a distinct spinning sound rather than a normal swing sound. The champion level boards from SF just play swing sounds over and over while you're spinning your saber. It doesn't sound right, but it doesn't sound exactly terrible, either... just a little off. The higher end boards, like the CF 7.5, just have a more accurate sound to them when spinning.

Saber Sensitivity for Spinning 1 year 1 month ago #12446

• Andrew Ford
  • Premium Member
  • There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. Chaos, yet order.
  • Thank you received: 17
The other option is to select the mute option on the Viridiun soundboard if you don't like it being out of time. I was going to suggest that you select a low sensitivity so that it's difficult for the soundboard to make the clash sound effect, but that wouldn't really help with what you were asking for.
Bowties are cool... And so are Lightsabers!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• DIY Sound Board Breakdown... (109 Posts)
    • HotRod, in any way your info was misleading. Its about gathering enough information in order to make...
    • SF Quad Cree Mixing Combi... (69 Posts)
    • Quote: If you want to use lots of day blades, I'd say to just get a white LED. True. And if I got an empty...
    • Adding sound to Warrior t... (7 Posts)
    • That second NEC all in one chassis is interesting. Having an internal recharge port would allow for...
    • Themed Sabers (712 Posts)
    • The name for this saber comes from the common name of an ancient Greek coin from Athens, bearing an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4370
  • Latest Member: TheWinterWild
  • Total Posts: 43.1k
  • Total Topics: 3139
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 41
  • Yesterday Answer: 64