Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Saberforge Day Blades

Saberforge Day Blades 6 months 5 days ago #66787

• ChrisGilbert
The day purple and day amber do look very nice actually. The etsy shop doesn't show day amber as an option but perhaps that's just the equivalent of orange in their selection menu.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saberforge Day Blades 6 months 2 days ago #67026

• mothoinpog
  • Thank you received: 1
PURPLE DAY BLADE for purple SF Reborn: It's not working like I wanted it to. I was hoping it would deepen the color of the 6W purple and move it away from the violet shade that predominates toward a deeper, more bluish shade. That was a hopeless failure. First, when the LED is off, the blade is dark, very dark so there's not much visual appeal. When it's turned on it doesn't deepen the color, it washes it out. It makes it a whitish pink and damps down the deep blue and deep violet lines that appear along the edge of the blade. For some reason the tip glows deep blue.

Same purple blade with a 6W CYAN VENOM: Works great. Still no visual appeal but really deepens the whitish blue.

Same purple blade with a 6W BLUE REBEL: Even better. The blue deepens and pushes out most of the white.

Same purple blade with a 12W AMBER GUARDIAN: Not what I was expecting at all. I really wanted the amber because I was looking for something close to a deep pumpkin orange, kind of a Sleepy Hollow vibe. The amber with a clear blade was almost a straight up yellow with less than the usual white but with no hints of orange. The amber with a purple blade was ... RED. Not a deep red or a whitish red or a bright red but a red just past orange. Redder than blood-orange which actually looks like whitish red to me. If the price on the day blades drops I might try an orange or red to shift the amber to the orange I want.
Bona Na Croin: "Neither Crown Nor Collar"

Saberforge Day Blades 6 months 2 days ago #67049

• mothoinpog
  • Thank you received: 1
1. Look for pictures of the color LED / blade combination you intend to buy. 2. Remember the shipping cost. $35 per blade plus $15 shipping = $50 per order.
Bona Na Croin: "Neither Crown Nor Collar"

Saberforge Day Blades 5 months 3 weeks ago #67410

• Dav Yeager
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 98
Got a day blade the other day I'll review it soon it's been a horrible week for me
The light shall burn away the darkness

Saberforge Day Blades 5 months 2 weeks ago #67731

• Biscuitt
  • Thank you received: 8
So the Emerald Knight is probably my next saber. The Corran Horn fan in me wants to get a white LED - since I believe it's the closest thing we can get to silver.

How do what LED's work with dayblades? Do they just take the color of the blade? I'm curious just in case I want to mix it up a bit later on - and not mess with removing the LED.

Saberforge Day Blades 5 months 2 weeks ago #67733

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 173
Basically, the day blade acts like a giant color filter: the color of lights matching the blade will be enhanced because the other colors will be suppressed. For example, a yellow LED with a red day blade will appear redder because a portion of the green light will be absorbed or 'blocked' by the blade, whereas all the red light would be allowed to pass. This would, theoretically, result in a more orange blade (or straight up red, depending on the characteristics of the blade).

With a white LED this works even better since white light contains a combination of all visible wavelengths. This essentially means the apparent color of the LED will be a slightly dimmer version of the day blade's color.

At least, that's the theory. I haven't had one yet so I don't know how it will actually work in person.
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Snakeeyz99. Reason: Clarification

Saberforge Day Blades 5 months 6 days ago #68169

• masters
How bright are the day blades compared to the standard V4?

I have a saber in standard red. I want to make the color look more of a darker red. I figure a red day blade might help to achieve the color I want.

I am concerned about the day blade not being too bright. I don't really plan on using the saber outside during the day. Will probably just use it at night.
Last Edit: 5 months 4 days ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: Topic consolidated with existing thread

Saberforge Day Blades 5 months 6 days ago #68172

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 580
The little bit of orange light Red LEDs make isn't filtered out by red polycarbonate, so the day blade won't make much of a difference. For the cost, if you've got a quick-connect in your hilt, you'd be much better off with a replacement Deep Red LED.

Saberforge Day Blades 5 months 6 days ago #68176

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 434
The standard V4 Infinity gives a little brighter effect due to its pearl-white finish. However, I think the Day Blade gives a more authentic display of the LED color. The standard Red LED in the Red Day Blade looks much less orangey-red than it does in the standard V4 Infinity. Yes, I prefer all the reds in the Red Day Blade whether during the day or at night.
"I am the Senate"

Saberforge Day Blades 5 months 6 days ago #68178

• masters
Do the day blades make the saber less bright? If so, is it all that noticeable?

Saberforge Day Blades 5 months 6 days ago #68181

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 189
Execute66 wrote:
The standard V4 Infinity gives a little brighter effect due to its pearl-white finish. However, I think the Day Blade gives a more authentic display of the LED color. The standard Red LED in the Red Day Blade looks much less orangey-red than it does in the standard V4 Infinity. Yes, I prefer all the reds in the Red Day Blade whether during the day or at night.

Agreed.

The tip on the day blade leaves a little to be desired IMO, but the blade itself has a very movie accurate quality to it. Nice bright core with the true color aura around it.

Saberforge Day Blades 5 months 5 days ago #68191

• Dav Yeager
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 98
To me they seem dimmer in the dark and brighter in the light
:huh:
The light shall burn away the darkness

Saberforge Day Blades 5 months 3 days ago #68253

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
I don't know if they are still selling it, but the VV blue "Enhanced Blade", may do what you want? It magnifies blue, so in theory????
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

Saberforge Day Blades 2 months 19 hours ago #71269

• KelbornX
  • Elite Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 104
Figured I'd add to the discussion here than make a new thread.

What color day blade would be recommended for a Lime Green LED? If I remember correctly Lime Green is 2xG and 2xA dies. I would think the Green day blade would work, but I'm afraid it might wash out the Amber dies and end up too much like a plain Green LED.
Consular (Amber) - Arbiter (Green) - Vanquish (Red)
ASP "Dark Crusader" (Deep Red) - ASP (Frost)
Gladius (Arctic Hero)

Saberforge Day Blades 2 months 7 hours ago #71288

• RotundChap
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 34
KelbornX wrote:
Figured I'd add to the discussion here than make a new thread.

What color day blade would be recommended for a Lime Green LED? If I remember correctly Lime Green is 2xG and 2xA dies. I would think the Green day blade would work, but I'm afraid it might wash out the Amber dies and end up too much like a plain Green LED.

I'd bet a green day blade with that LED would look great. Probably like a rich/vibrant green with a yellowish core.

Saberforge Day Blades 2 months 7 hours ago #71289

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 580
It's not an SF color, but Lime should look great in a Photon blade. The material lets most colors through uninhibited and is already a yellow-green.

Saberforge Day Blades 1 month 3 weeks ago #71312

• KelbornX
  • Elite Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Kouri wrote:
It's not an SF color, but Lime should look great in a Photon blade. The material lets most colors through uninhibited and is already a yellow-green.

That actually looks quite promising. I may try that out with a Medium or Deep Blue LED too to see if it gives the shade of green I like before buying a Lime Green LED.
RotundChap wrote:
I'd bet a green day blade with that LED would look great. Probably like a rich/vibrant green with a yellowish core.

That's what I'd hope it would look like. But your guess is as good as mine, lol. Can't quite wrap my head around that color mixing chart I saw.
Gladius (Arctic Hero)

Saberforge Day Blades 1 month 3 weeks ago #71403

• DarkJedi_7
  • Thank you received: 15
Jas-Ot wrote:
Execute66 wrote:

Agreed.

The tip on the day blade leaves a little to be desired IMO, but the blade itself has a very movie accurate q
uality to it. Nice bright core with the true color aura around it.

Red is naturally a fast colour as in wave lengths, thus why red day blade works better in red than blue or purple. though would like to see more indoor-outdoor comparisons of Day Blades with matching LEDs.

12 watt Deep Red with 32 Red Day Blade

Top: indoors off
Middle: indoors on
Bottom: outdoors on (under a frikken big gumtree)
Right: indoors afternoon (screen capture video)
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by DarkJedi_7.

Saberforge Day Blades 1 month 3 weeks ago #71458

• KelbornX
  • Elite Member
  • Peace is a lie...
It appears that the Red Day Blade somewhat works with an Amber LED. I threw it on my Conuslar for the lulz when I was trying out how I liked the 32" blade that was on it in my ASP hilt, and I was surprised what happened. It made a nice light orange color, even if it is somewhat dull in-person. Looks good on camera imo. A good rich color that doesn't wash out everything else.

Gladius (Arctic Hero)

Saberforge Day Blades 1 month 2 weeks ago #71940

• KelbornX
  • Elite Member
  • Peace is a lie...
So I decided to experiment a bit with the Day Blades that I have (Red and Purple). I found some pretty interesting combinations with the LEDs that I have.

Purple Day Blade is pretty much the same as a Red Day Blade with a Red or Amber (as in my above post) LED, so I didn't bother taking any pics of those.

The Purple Day Blade on my 12w Arctic Blue Gladius worked surprisingly well. With Arctic it was a nice medium blue (with a reddish edge showing up on camera), with just the Blue dies it was a bit of a deeper blue, and Green dies were just a dim washed out green.

Then I put the Red Day Blade on the Arctic Gladius and it got even more interesting. On Arctic it gave a light purple core with a red edge (and a blue corona on camera), a deeper blue core when just using the Blue dies, and a lime green core with the red edge when using just the Green dies.

On-camera both day blades ended up looking about the same with the Arctic/Blue dies. So I'm only posting the pics with the Red Day Blade with Arctic Blue and Green LED.

So in-person this would have a light-purple glow rather than the blue the camera picked up, and with the Purple day blade you wouldn't see that red edge in-person.

Gladius (Arctic Hero)
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by KelbornX.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Payment types? (4 Posts)
    • The bottom of the site says they accept American express, Visa, discover, Mastercard, JCB and there...
    • well..........that sucks.
    • Apparently they don't accept Paypal I asked CS a while ago which payment options they accepted. They...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Guess I need to clear my schedule then.... :P :lol: You mean it's not already cleared for the 4...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: SWEET! I will definitely be getting an Aeon. Prodigy looks great too. I'd have to see some...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4710
  • Latest Member: TARoberth2C1e
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4311
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 32
  • Yesterday Answer: 41