Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Wait Begins 4.0

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62054

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 114
Just recieved my lovely Crystal Reveal Guardian. Review may be up today, if not it will be a week or so until I can get it out :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62056

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 566
Hilt #2 is out for delivery! :D

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62061

• SublimeDelusions
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
Got an email at 7:01 this morning (6am SaberForge time) saying that the saber I ordered from Etsy is in the build phase. I have to say, if 6am is when they actually start for the day, I'm relatively impressed!

Update:

Prodigal Son V1
Green
37"
Champion
Ordered: 7/3
Build: 7/5
Shipped: ?
Delivered: ?

Redeemer
Med Blue
32"
Champion
Ordered: 5/5
Build: ?
Shipped: ?
Delivered: ?

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62067

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Hilt #2 delivered!

It has a couple of issues I want to sort out with CS before officially naming it; notably, the standard finish on the end of the emitter. It also lacked the mylar film, but we've already seen that they're happy to send that out upon request. It turned out to be quite a bit longer than expected; longer even than my first hilt. I believe that's due to an error in the builder, which lists the hilt at 10.7" without a plug, while the final product is about 13.5" without a plug. That'll be due in part to the F/F sleeve you can see attached to the bottom of the grenade part of the emitter, joining the male threaded switch and emitter. That's only about an inch long though. Hopefully it all turns out fine, but I'll hold back its name until I'm sure XD
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Borommakot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonnys95s10

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62069

• Valkaryie
  • Thank you received: 3
Ordered a Katana 12w+ Champion Edition on April 13th 2016
Still on Confirmed...
The pain is real!

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62070

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 110
Borommakot wrote:
Hilt #2 delivered!

It has a couple of issues I want to sort out with CS before officially naming it; notably, the standard finish on the end of the emitter. It also lacked the mylar film, but we've already seen that they're happy to send that out upon request. It turned out to be quite a bit longer than expected; longer even than my first hilt. I believe that's due to an error in the builder, which lists the hilt at 10.7" without a plug, while the final product is about 13.5" without a plug. That'll be due in part to the F/F sleeve you can see attached to the bottom of the grenade part of the emitter, joining the male threaded switch and emitter. That's only about an inch long though. Hopefully it all turns out fine, but I'll hold back its name until I'm sure XD

Great looking hilt! Hope CS sorts out the issues quickly and we get a name and review.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62076

• SublimeDelusions
  • Premium Member
Never would have thought of combining the long neck with the long body. Must be pretty stable and flexible for two hand use. You'll have to let us know in the review how it handles.

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62077

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
It's up in the air whether or not it'll stay this way XD It's meant to be paired with a blaster pistol (which hopefully I can create when SF kicks off Adaptive Blaster Parts), so I figured the 10" length would accommodate that; whether used one handed or two. 13" might not jive so well. I really love the look with the grenade grip, though.

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62081

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 114
TheGrandAdmiral wrote:
Just recieved my lovely Crystal Reveal Guardian. Review may be up today, if not it will be a week or so until I can get it out :)

Meant to say this a few hours ago, but if anyone does want to see the review it is up at:

Crystal Reveal Guardian

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62083

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
Borommakot wrote:
Hilt #2 delivered!

is it just me or do you have an extra piece (body)? doesn't a hilt come in four pieces, not counting the blade plug? or is that a two-piece emitter?

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62086

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
The thin neck emitters are in two pieces.

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62095

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
For those DIY'ers, this stuff is officially awesome:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y49R7G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only comes out when you squeeze the sides, I'm never buying super glue again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot, HotRod

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62097

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Hey Everyone,
So today marks the end of 22 weeks since my Feb 2nd order of my Hero tier Elite PS and my Champion CR PS. Been sitting at preship since May 4th. I know there are a few others out there in the same boat as me so it's nice to know I'm not alone. Waiting to hear back from SFCS and will give an update once I receive one. The hold up seems to be the new CR sabers (for the Redeemer, PS and Exhalted) and the production of them took a little longer than expected. Hoping to hear back from them soon and I'm still looking forward to finally holding my PS. The end is near (I hope!).
- Light em up

The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, Greenman

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62102

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 35
Wow, 22 weeks. I know I wont make it that long before I ask for a refund. I really like the saber I ordered for myself (a black Vanquish) and the other two a Grand Master (for fiance') and a Sentinel (for my son) but theres no way Ill wait that long. Ill order from another site if its not shipped by the end of the summer. I was quoted 6-8 weeks for my $1400 order and the end of August will put it at 12 weeks.

Heres hoping.
The wounded Jedi looks up at the massive man wielding a 6' long light saber! The last words the Jedi hears is "Yes, I am Sith, and oh, so much more"

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62106

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
DarthTtocs wrote:
Wow, 22 weeks. I know I wont make it that long before I ask for a refund. I really like the saber I ordered for myself (a black Vanquish) and the other two a Grand Master (for fiance') and a Sentinel (for my son) but theres no way Ill wait that long. Ill order from another site if its not shipped by the end of the summer. I was quoted 6-8 weeks for my $1400 order and the end of August will put it at 12 weeks.

Heres hoping.

I know it's "a little" longer than I expected but after the initial 10-12 weeks, things came up that took up my time anyway. I did end up receiving my Avenger that I have put to good use and helped quench my thirst for a while. I'm in the middle of my Graflex 2.1 build which has also kept me occupied. So while there have been ups and downs during this time, I just keep telling myself "soon." At some point, that tracking number is going to see some action and I'll be excited when it does. For now, I'll check once a day and keep on going.
- Light em up

The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, DarthTtocs, Greenman

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62110

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 35
Well, thats good that you had distractions haha.
SF really does have nice looking sabers and I hope when mine comes in that its all that I was hoping for. I looked at some others and the SF sabers just seem to draw my eye more. They certainly dont look like bladed flashlights!
The wounded Jedi looks up at the massive man wielding a 6' long light saber! The last words the Jedi hears is "Yes, I am Sith, and oh, so much more"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andi-Jae EL

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62113

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
:woohoo:

In WB3 the recreational activity was Darts. Todays Luck Number is 25. If the next Lucky Number is 30, Jackpot! :dry:

That is all. No comments please. Once this Brick is out, there's another that needs to be loosened. :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62114

• SublimeDelusions
  • Premium Member
DarthTtocs wrote:

Heres hoping.

From what I've heard, the CR sabers were a last-minute delay on a lot of them. Between when people put orders in and right around May-ish there was a reveal that they were going to make the CR sabers certified for dueling. The previous versions weren't covered under warranty for that. There was a complete redesign of the sabers and they put the offer out since a lot of people had been waiting a long time to either get a refund or wait a bit longer with another perk or two (I think) since they didn't want to have any of the customers that ordered the sabers wind up kicking themselves since an order was already put in before the model changed.

From what I've heard about other orders, 10-12 weeks seems to be about the average wait-time on them. From what I've heard they are definitely worth it. It's up to you what you want to do with your order, but I think it's probably worth it to stick it out.

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62119

• Valkaryie
  • Thank you received: 3
So I received an email from saberforge but now I am puzzled.
I was given an usps number and my status is Shipped as of July 5th. I never saw a preshipped status. Is that normal?

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62120

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Yes. The preshipped status will be the activity log when you search the Tracking Number on USPS Site. The 'shipped' email from saberforge simply indicates it's in the build queue.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Member Introduction T... (2480 Posts)
    • Welcome to BryanW and Jrod129! Feel free to ask questions and post lots of pics. :cheer:
    • Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of good people here with an impressive amount of knowledge and...
    • Lurkers are always welcome!
    • Double Reveal MPP Coming ... (68 Posts)
    • I ordered the MK1, I absolutely cannot wait! I've been waiting for this day for a long time
    • I just signed up after lurking since last June, hi all!

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5448
  • Latest Member: Davidanism
  • Total Posts: 57.3k
  • Total Topics: 4800
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 120
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 9
  • Yesterday Answer: 39