Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Wait Begins 4.0

The Wait Begins 4.0 5 months 2 weeks ago #76466

• Svtguy
Ordered my Heretic Warrior saber May 9 2017, Still waiting, and no shipment notification yet.

I have noticed as of recently they are Pre-Order now, but wasn’t when I ordered it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Wait Begins 4.0 5 months 2 weeks ago #76469

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 187
I just ordered an Initiate tier Acolyte hilt from the Etsy shop. It will be interesting to see how quick that ships, since those are supposed to be ready to ship and they don't have to customize it. I was able to use the coupon code from the main site, which made me super happy. :woohoo:

The Wait Begins 4.0 5 months 2 weeks ago #76515

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
scifidude79 wrote:
I just ordered an Initiate tier Acolyte hilt from the Etsy shop. It will be interesting to see how quick that ships, since those are supposed to be ready to ship and they don't have to customize it. I was able to use the coupon code from the main site, which made me super happy. :woohoo:

Four days. I ordered Thursday, it is in my possession. I'm blown away by that speed. I live in southwestern Ohio, and this shipped Friday. So, this thing trekked 3/4 of the way across the country over the weekend. Anyway, here is my first (received) SaberForge saber:

Click image to enlarge

I'm dang impressed, SaberForge. Not only did it get here fast, but this thing is a real beauty. I'll do a full review after I build the saber. It may be a few weeks, I ordered a red button momentary 12mm AV switch on Ebay and it's on its way from Hong Kong. It's estimating the 13th to the 31st before it arrives. Plus, I still need to get a sound board, speaker, etc. I have LEDs galore, but I need other stuff. I'll probably do either a NBV4 or a Pico on this one. I've used both the NBV3 and Pico in the past, so I know I like both boards and I know how to work with them. If I do the NB, I'll probably use this GGW Tri Cree I have, I bought it for another saber but it didn't work out. (technical issue with how the hilt is constructed and the heat sink and optic I was trying to use) I'll wire up the two greens for my main and the white for FOC. Of course, if I do the Pico, it's RGB all the way. I have a few RGBW Crees for that purpose. B)
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by scifidude79.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, For Tyeth

The Wait Begins 4.0 5 months 17 hours ago #76866

• Investigator
Hi guys!

I'm really excited about my first ever SF purchase and I'm hoping that I am posting this in the right place!
I had thought that I would see a lot more members with crystal variants - it seems to be a niche group. I'm happy with that.
I picked the options Hero, long blade, polish and coat, vibration, belt clip and warranty.
Imagine my surprise when I decided to read the FAQ. on this forum ten minutes AFTER ordering with the hopes of beating up my friends with it to read that it's going to have to be a shelf queen. Eek!
I didn't see anything to the contrary when I researched (watched lots of YouTube ) o hopefully a few slaps with it here and there will be fine :)

I'm really interested to hear use how delicate these sabres are from people who already own one.

'Gator

The Wait Begins 4.0 4 months 4 weeks ago #76971

• ajsrise0
  • Thank you received: 2
Ordered a warrior tier (rent and student loans are stopping me from getting sound sadly) Exhalted, in indigo, on the 16th of July (but that wont stop me from getting a little birthday gift for myself haha). The wait begins...... :pinch:
Last Edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by ajsrise0.

The Wait Begins 4.0 4 months 4 weeks ago #76989

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
Ordered a spear extension and two female couplers on june 30, I was hoping it would be quick but alas...

Got two projects with their guts hanging out till I get those parts and I am chompin at the bit.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

The Wait Begins 4.0 4 months 2 weeks ago #77290

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
I'm into week 8 of my wait for my Prodigy. It hasn't been bad, though. Working full time keeps me busy, plus I have other stuff to do, like play SWTOR, in my down time. Though, as the initial estimate was 6 weeks, I did contact customer service on Wednesday. I got a prompt response yesterday and the customer service representative (India) informed me of an issue with the parts and that my saber is in the installation queue. So, kudos to Saber Forge for awesome customer service, as well as for not wanting to send out a sub-par saber. Hopefully, my saber will ship in the next couple weeks. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax

The Wait Begins 4.0 4 months 2 weeks ago #77359

• Rapine
  • Premium Member
  • Almost Halloween...
  • Thank you received: 63
scifidude79 wrote:
I'm into week 8 of my wait for my Prodigy. It hasn't been bad, though. Working full time keeps me busy, plus I have other stuff to do, like play SWTOR, in my down time. Though, as the initial estimate was 6 weeks, I did contact customer service on Wednesday. I got a prompt response yesterday and the customer service representative (India) informed me of an issue with the parts and that my saber is in the installation queue. So, kudos to Saber Forge for awesome customer service, as well as for not wanting to send out a sub-par saber. Hopefully, my saber will ship in the next couple weeks. B)
I know that you're anxious for this one. Way to keep it in check the best you can SFD. :)

I've only just ordered a Gladius, and now the Oracle is calling to me...lol

Hooked - just like that. :P
"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: scifidude79

The Wait Begins 4.0 4 months 2 weeks ago #77361

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
Rapine wrote:
I know that you're anxious for this one. Way to keep it in check the best you can SFD. :)

I've only just ordered a Gladius, and now the Oracle is calling to me...lol

Hooked - just like that. :P

Yeah, I'm anxious but also chill about it. I want them to get it right, so I'm willing to wait. You know what can happen if you rush sabers.

Congrats on that Gladius order, bro. I know you've been wanting one. Me too, but the funds aren't currently with me. Did you order an Initiate tier or does it have electronics?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rapine

The Wait Begins 4.0 4 months 2 weeks ago #77362

• Rapine
  • Premium Member
  • Almost Halloween...
scifidude79 wrote:
Did you order an Initiate tier or does it have electronics?
Initiate tier for this one. I'll have to get a SF LED soon though. :)

Thanks BTW...I'm pretty anxious myself. :P
"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Rapine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scifidude79

The Wait Begins 4.0 4 months 2 weeks ago #77366

• Isola815
  • Thank you received: 18
scifidude79 wrote:
You know what can happen if you rush sabers.

Boy... don't even get me started! :whistle:

I ordered my Vanquish about 5 days ago, and from the rough completion time I was given from Customer Service with the options that I chose I'm looking around mid October by the time it gets to me here in Australia.

Until then I'm just going to keep waiting on The Count to appear on the store, and I have several other sabers on order from various places, some complete, some to build with some components also on the way. Plenty to keep my mind distracted from the wait :P

The Wait Begins 4.0 4 months 2 weeks ago #77370

• Rapine
  • Premium Member
  • Almost Halloween...
Isola815 wrote:
and I have several other sabers on order from various places

Isola, you're a machine mate. :P

How many now?

The Wait Begins 4.0 4 months 2 weeks ago #77379

• Isola815
Rapine wrote:
Isola815 wrote:
and I have several other sabers on order from various places

Isola, you're a machine mate. :P

How many now?

Waiting on 5 in total over the next few months :whistle:

The Wait Begins 4.0 4 months 2 weeks ago #77380

• Khang
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
I'm 2 weeks into my wait for an empty 12" Mk3 Ronin. Can't wait to get that thing in Still deciding whether or not I want to get it powdercoated or leave it as it is. Also got an empty Descent coming in as well.

I recently got in a custom saber from a man named Bryon Aspenlieder, called the Blue Acid. It's damn awesome.

KIT Sabers is also working on a custom lightsaber for me as well. It's got a very unorthodox shape. Takes inspiration from Chinese swords.

Lastly, I'm waiting on a commission from Jevaho Creations. It's an Imperial Knight/ Rahm Kota mash up. No progress pictures on it yet unfortunately.

I think that's it, but I don't even know. I can't keep track of all my purchases anymore...

The Wait Begins 4.0 4 months 2 weeks ago #77388

• Rapine
  • Premium Member
  • Almost Halloween...
Isola815 wrote:

Waiting on 5 in total over the next few months :whistle:

Awesomeness. B)
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Rapine.

The Wait Begins 4.0 4 months 2 weeks ago #77389

• Isola815
6 if you count the hilt I ordered to make a torch out of :lol: :silly:

The Wait Begins 4.0 4 months 2 weeks ago #77390

• Rapine
  • Premium Member
  • Almost Halloween...
Isola815 wrote:
Torch in this case means flashlight, for those not familiar with the term...

Ya nut. :P

That's in a pretty short time as well, correct? Oh, to have your problems...lol

The Wait Begins 4.0 4 months 2 weeks ago #77407

• GM_Satele_Shan
  • Thank you received: 8
I am 11 weeks into a Legacy Grand Master Staff, I ordered it on 5/2/17.. :)

The Wait Begins 4.0 4 months 2 weeks ago #77416

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
GM_Satele_Shan wrote:
I am 11 weeks into a Legacy Grand Master Staff, I ordered it on 5/2/17.. :)

It's going to be worth the wait when you finally get that. The detail on those is insanely awesome. :D

The Wait Begins 4.0 4 months 2 weeks ago #77421

• Isola815
Rapine wrote:
Isola815 wrote:
Torch in this case means flashlight, for those not familiar with the term...

Ya nut. :P

That's in a pretty short time as well, correct? Oh, to have your problems...lol

Yes, flashlight sorry. That's built now. Those two sabers turned up today. So that one is off to work in a few hours.

All 6 were purchased within 2 weeks of each other lol and when all have arrived (as long as I've bought no more in the wait time) that will be 21 in total in the house. But I'll probably buy another one in a couple of days because there is a few I'm looking at. And then whenever The Count is available I'll order that too... so who knows when it will stop :silly: :side: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rapine
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• What did you think of TLJ... (13 Posts)
    • My theory: Unlike past movies where you got some answers along the way, I firmly believe all of...
    • What did you think of TLJ... (13 Posts)
    • Saw it again. Wanted to go give it another look. I really disliked it even more. I don't understand...
    • The Last Jedi (Spoilers!!... (21 Posts)
    • Saw it for my 2nd time last night in IMAX without my unreasonably high expectations from before and...
    • Saber Hilt Finishes (2 Posts)
    • Standard or Dual Tone is a brushed/satin finish. This is the "silver" finish that is shown on...
    • Black lotus standard fini... (9 Posts)
    • Doesn't sound too difficult, will install the saber anyway, a little customization can't hurt!...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6199
  • Latest Member: Tempus
  • Total Posts: 62.6k
  • Total Topics: 5252
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 23
  • Yesterday Answer: 10