Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Wait Begins 4.0

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62256

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Gnost-Dural,
am from the central coast, nsw. ordered two champion asps from igg. good thing that i ordered separately, coz the second one is stuck in saber limbo, still in pre shipment.

well, i'm hoping it'll be anytime next week. from your keyboard to saber god's ears. ;)
Hey, fair enough. You're further up North than I, I'm closer towards the Hornsby end. Do you participate at the Son's of Obiwan Duelling Academy in Tuggerah? Forgive me if you've mentioned before, did you Order first round of IGG (ending Dec15 IIRC) or the recent IGG PreRelease? Yeah, you don't want to get me started about 'still' in PreShipment. :dry: However I do hope next week is your week. ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gnost-Dural

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62282

• SublimeDelusions
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
Just found out that my LazerForge order is set to be delivered on 7/9! Still waiting for Etsy to leave SF as well as my Main Site order. But, it's all starting to trickle in. With as much excitement as I've built up for this stuff, it's probably better than it trickles in, everything at once might just make me lose my mind...

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62290

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
Still waiting on the Ka'Tano.

Ordered 4/13
Shipped email 6/16
Pre-shipment/active tracking 6/22

9wk 1 Day from order to shipped, 10wks from order to pre-ship
Ooor 12 weeks 1 day overall

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62300

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
OvrcAHst wrote:
Gnost-Dural,
am from the central coast, nsw. ordered two champion asps from igg. good thing that i ordered separately, coz the second one is stuck in saber limbo, still in pre shipment.

well, i'm hoping it'll be anytime next week. from your keyboard to saber god's ears. ;)
Hey, fair enough. You're further up North than I, I'm closer towards the Hornsby end. Do you participate at the Son's of Obiwan Duelling Academy in Tuggerah? Forgive me if you've mentioned before, did you Order first round of IGG (ending Dec15 IIRC) or the recent IGG PreRelease? Yeah, you don't want to get me started about 'still' in PreShipment. :dry: However I do hope next week is your week. ;)

i've met one of the staff of Sons but haven't checked them out. problem is they only have weeknight sessions and by the time i finish work i'm pretty much knackered.

i ordered 18 june in the recent igg pre-release. (while i'm pretty stoked to be getting one saber so quickly, i do feel for the guys who ordered during the ks and igg campaigns. but that's a whole other discussion altogether.)

i think i'll be sticking to etsy for the next few sabers, if ever. (who am i kidding? of course i'll be getting more!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62316

• SublimeDelusions
  • Premium Member
I just checked my USPS tracking page and it said label printed and that it was updated and current at 7:07. I figured I would give it a shot and refreshed it, still at 7:07, and apparently the Etsy order was picked up at 2:00....

:woohoo:

Update:

Prodigal Son V1
Green
37"
Champion
Ordered: 7/3
Build: 7/5
Shipped: 7/7
Delivered: est. 7/11

Redeemer
Med Blue
32"
Champion
Ordered: 5/5
Build: ?
Shipped: ?
Delivered: ?

LazerForge
Ordered: 7/3
Pre-shipment: 7/5
Shipped:7/6
Delivered: est. 7/9

Holy crap guys, it is actually happening! It is too coincidental to arrive on my birthday though. Knowing my luck it will go missing or be broken when it shows up. I hope not, but I don't want to get too optimistic... :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62340

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
received an in-transit notification for my 2nd saber from igg:
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62345

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Gnost-Dural, nice little surprise. Next week may be doubly-good for you and even if it carries to the following, knowing two are incoming is just enough to make you nuts. :lol: Be sure to Post a Review once you have them, in ASP Reviews, just so your exclusive Design can be witnessed.

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62369

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
thanks, mate. will do.

to the other guys waiting, hang in there. the struggle is real!

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62374

• SwordOfTheMorning
  • Our reality is determined by the approach of the life that we have
  • Thank you received: 1
I have ordered my first saber at last:

Main Site
Avenger
Champion tier
12w+
Medium Blue
32" inch blade
Viridian light font
Standard finish

I really hope that it will come soon ^.0

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62386

• ic3cold
  • Premium Member
  • Weaker than some, stronger than most
  • Thank you received: 92
Oh boy. Bastions arrived which was super exciting, but now it's back into the waiting queue :(

Champion Phoenix - May 14/16; 12w+ White
Hero Relic Weathered - May 21/16; 12w+ Blood Orange

Looking forward to the staggered ignition of the cross-guard saber. But I'd say I've got 2 more months to wait for it to arrive. Plan with the Phoenix is to replace the retention screws with brass thumbscrews. I've asked for a brass kill key + brass covertech knob. I also have an extra wide brass thumbscrew for the shroud retention to complete the look :) Can't wait.

And in the very very far background, I've got a custom set of Ahsoka sabers in the works. Oh boy they will go nicely with the Phoenix!
There must be both dark and light.

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 3 weeks ago #62434

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
So SF decided to start my Saturday morning off right. My tracking number that has been sitting at Pre-Ship since May 4th (how ironic) is finally active!! It left the Portland based store yesterday and should be arriving in NY at my doorstep on Monday the 11th. I'm very excited to see the new CR PS design as well as my hero elite PS. I'll post pics and do reviews of each once they arrive. I have a feeling I will be up very late on Monday night!

Ordered: Feb 2nd

Champion Crystal Reveal PS
Green 12 W+
Viridium
37'' blade

Hero Elite PS
RGBA
37" blade
- Light em up

The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, Greenman

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 3 weeks ago #62437

• Samhain138
  • Thank you received: 28
I ordered my first SF saber last night. A champion tier Templar with a weathered finish, black ray grip, red blade, and Crimson sound. I got it from the main site for the sale.

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 3 weeks ago #62441

• SublimeDelusions
  • Premium Member
I just picked up my order from LazerForge in the mail a few minutes ago. I only got a couple activation switch cards, but they look pretty great to me. I didn't expect the plastic, but the fact that they made the plastic look as good as they did is impressive. Now to just wait for the sabers to show up.. :lol:

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 3 weeks ago #62519

• ScottK
  • Thank you received: 5
Just pulled the trigger on my second saber. Main site order, 12W Lime Green Champion Tier Guardian w/ Viridium soundboard. Figure based on my first saber that I should see it mid-November.

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 3 weeks ago #62522

• EllisTheExile
  • Thank you received: 3
The wait is pretty excruciating for an Etsy saber I have coming in. It was supposed to be here yesterday but was delayed in transit. Probably partly due to the 4th, but whatever the case I'm hoping it will be here tomorrow!

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 3 weeks ago #62527

• Omelas
  • "But it was so artistically done..."
  • Thank you received: 14
Just ordered my first saber! I'm real excited and happy.

Ordered a Champion Consular with (cliche) Green 12W+ LED from Etsy. Claimed blade plug and stand from in comments, so I'm even happier :) !

However, 4July coupon code no longer works on Etsy even though it still is within the deadline of the sale? (Code still works on SF site checkout)

I shot SF an email about it and mentioned it in the order comments so hopefully we can work something out and I can get the 10% reimbursed. If not, its still absolutely worth it and I'm really happy I made this purchase. I've been a follower of SF and the forums for about a year now (but became a forum member later) and I'm really glad I made this purchase from them.

I'm totally psyched!

Omelas
“Mmm. Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing.” ~Grandmaster Yoda

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 3 weeks ago #62578

• draggerlane
  • Thank you received: 8
Well I'm back again. WOW The Wait Begins 4.0 I haven't been on here since 2.0 lol. Well lets see I'm starting this now as I have made my final choice and will be pulling the trigger tomorrow night when my direct deposit hits my bank. This will be my second saber I've ordered and it will be my first. The first I ordered was a Christmas gift for my girlfriend.

The Journey hasn't started here. It started back in October of last year. After looking at a picture of SF Monarch I fell in love with custom light sabers. As Christmas was coming up fast I didn't have an idea for a present for my girlfriend and she was all excited the new Star Wars movie was coming out. At that time I couldn't afford a Monarch or any saber at that time cause all I had was money for a Christmas gift. I decided to kill two birds with one stone. (Don't tell her this) I was looking at an Epoh 2.0 for my first saber. I decided to get one for her for Christmas and at the same time I can check hers out and see if I like it or not. Well months go by The movie and Christmas go by and no saber I had a few bumps in the road getting her saber from the forge. But they did me right in the end and what my girlfriend got out of it was I can't even put into words. Just amazing.

Its been 5 months now since the saber came in I swear I use it more then she does. (Don't tell her that either. She'll kill me) Even though I haven't duel with anyone yet I can twirl that saber around without thinking twice about it.

So we come up to the Month of May. My work picks up for the season and money is rolling in. So I start saying I'm going to order my saber and she asks me what saber am I going to order and I say The same as yours except the dual tone version. She honestly got mad at me. She wants me to get something different and not copy hers. I tired to explain to her that I feel more comfortable with the same hilt. She laid down the law on me.

We now go to May to July. The search is on. as of now I had my heart set on a Epoch so I decided to look around for one similar in design. I looked at Vader's Vault, Ultrasabers, Hell Even a Taiwan sabersmith call Makoto. I even tried to pull a fast one on her and tried to design one on the ASP site that pretty much was very close to the Epoch...... OKAY it was an Epoch just with a wrapped body. She didn't go for it. Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!

Last week I decided to look at Makoto again and found out He had a few variants to a Starkiller hilt. which is similar to what got me started on this journey in the first place. And I almost pull the trigger on one of his sabers and I had some concerns 1. He uses a string blade and I have my concerns with durability. 2. The blade isn't detachable. he does offer a blade removable kit but I don't know if that would be good in combat. 3. I didn't like his power on and off switch. I just didn't fit with me. I don't think I would be happy with his set up.

So I'm back to square one. What would you do in my situation. Go back to the beginning of this whole thing. Yep that's right the Monarch. I went to saberforge website and just stared at it wishing I can duel with it. But that crystal chamber wouldn't let it be one. All she'll be would be a stand queen. and no saber should ever be that way in my book. Then I got the stupid idea (At least I thought at the time) to do some research on why its not duel worthy. In three days time not only did I find out you CAN duel full blade to blade contact with the Monarch it's covered under warranty as the regular sabers are. I was like YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! success We have a winner. Cue the victory music!(The Throne Room from Star Wars) So The uphill battle of choosing which saber to get has come to an end. Now I can proudly put this down

Saber: Monarch
Tier: Champion Crimson version
LED: 12+
Color Purple
Finish: Weathered.

As soon as I put the order in tomorrow night It's official The Wait Begins.

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 3 weeks ago #62589

• hrdyb26
I ordered 4 Sabers for my wedding and they switched to shipping June 30th!! I check multiple times a day with the tracking number to see when they show up. I can't wait to open them up and Ignite my first lightsaber!

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 3 weeks ago #62603

• SublimeDelusions
  • Premium Member
I got my prodigal son. Looks great and feels great. I did notice a slight rattling inside the hilt below the thin neck and noticed that the clash sound effect will only work if the saber is hit extremely hard or not at all. Looks like I will email CSC and see what they say.

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 3 weeks ago #62605

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
Clash sensitivity is adjustable in the menu (For Champion) and on the SD Card (for Hero)
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Member Introduction T... (2480 Posts)
    • Welcome to BryanW and Jrod129! Feel free to ask questions and post lots of pics. :cheer:
    • Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of good people here with an impressive amount of knowledge and...
    • Lurkers are always welcome!
    • Double Reveal MPP Coming ... (68 Posts)
    • I ordered the MK1, I absolutely cannot wait! I've been waiting for this day for a long time
    • I just signed up after lurking since last June, hi all!

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5448
  • Latest Member: Davidanism
  • Total Posts: 57.3k
  • Total Topics: 4800
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 120
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 9
  • Yesterday Answer: 39