Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 5 months ago #62777

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 548
I would like to start this to post Queries and Responses to and from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Please keep comments to a minimum if any as this is intended to be shared dialogue. The intent is to create a place to consolidate questions that are unknown.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 5 months ago #62778

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
My query,,,
Greeting to whom it may concern,
First off, glad that business is going well. Alot of new and exciting things are being offered. I wanted to ask when the ASP finally goes live and no longer offered through Indiegogo as a perk. Will there be an option to purchase parts from Etsy page, Indiegogo perks, Lazerforge.com and your standard page, all on the same shipping bill. Just wondering, because your products are spread across so many offerings that I currently will have to pay extr for shipping through each vendor, why is this not all available as one order?
As far as your ASP parts are concerned I've noticed a few of the finishes have changed on specific parts. I have no issue with that, but one part, the FALLEN emitter. I'm just extending my opinion that this one part should maintain its GOLD ring. I think a consideration should be made to change it's finish back to it's original canon aesthetic. The gold ring is why people would purchase that part. Finally the main site advertisement for the staff couplers. The 2 sizes and finishes, I was aware of. I recently noticed images of different wall thickness. No option in drop down to select this. Is the thicker type set to replace the thinner walled version after stock is sold? How and why is this not clarified during ordering process. I'm a past customer, and really appreciate your products design and durability. Plans for future purchases awaiting financial gains. Thanks for hearing me out, and best wishes for the entire SaberForge Family!

Response,,,Hello! That is the goal in the long run! At this time LazerForge.com and ASP are in separate locations so this is why they are separate sites at this time. We will be launching SaberParts.com late this summer so you can order there and not via Indiegogo perks. Some parts from the saberparts.com builder did not translate well into real life and some finishes and model changes needed to be made to better reflect the real life product.

The couplers are all the thinner style, the weathered coupler photo is older and is in need of an update, we apologize for any confusion.
May the Forge be with you!
India
The following user(s) said Thank You: Solinbeb, HotRod

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 5 months ago #62941

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1716
There are times when an enquiry to SFCS will return a faster reply than raising the same query to Members here. For those that wanted to know, didn't know and would still like to know, when Ordering GrandMaster x2 for Staff configuration, the Low Profile Coupler (shown in resource pics and different to the Couplers on Main Site Accessories) is obtained by:

The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 5 months ago #63242

• OvrcAHst
My following query with SFCS coincided with the Xmas in July Promotion and I used the Crystal Princess to base my enquiry from. A Hilt I have been eyeing with generous procrastinating however remain unsure as I'm still debating it. Two versions were shown over the course of time the Listing became available. My initial query with SFCS was to determine which of the two versions would be supplied and then the follow-up about the FREE Initiate Offer.

1st Version:

2nd & Current Version:

For those that may be interested, the Upgrade Option follows unless you plan on holding an empty with all it's hollow-goodness or DIY Electronics.

Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by OvrcAHst.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, ToyKeeper

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 5 months ago #63254

• ToyKeeper
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 89
OvrcAHst wrote:
Two versions were shown over the course of time the Listing became available. My initial query with SFCS was to determine which of the two versions would be supplied ...
It sounds like your question about crystal window styles didn't get answered.

I had some similar results. I asked if the Hero electronics are SC2 rev1 or rev2 because I want the ability to make color changes harder to do by accident (new feature in rev2). The response said "Our boards are already pre-programmed with the rotating color switching.".

So, question not really answered. Both versions do that. Fortunately, I managed to find Naigon's original announcement post, stating that rev1 can be upgraded to rev2 by dropping some files onto the uSD card, so it doesn't matter which one SF is using.

My other questions were answered though. Hero tier Gladius v2 is configured with two buttons on the front, recharge port on the back. Shattered finish is not currently available for website sabers. The weathering in the Gladius etsy listing is regular weathered, not grey weathered. The Gladius v2 uses its original design parts, not ASP parts. Free hilt is Xiphos (Gladius v1) only, weathered, with black leather.

I probably should have also asked if Etsy Hero tier can be 2-color instead of RGBA, but Hero was listed as unavailable there at the time so I didn't bother. Now I'm thinking I could get things faster via Etsy if 2-color is an option. (would prefer rBrB/RR instead of RGBA)

A hero tier saber plus an empty Xiphos with day blade and plug and stand is a pretty good deal at $540, compared to the usual non-discounted price of $750.
I like shiny things.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by ToyKeeper.

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 5 months ago #63262

• OvrcAHst
ToyKeeper,
It sounds like your question about crystal window styles didn't get answered.
:lol: All I can respond with is: Oops! :oops:

In my OvrsiGHt when enquiring about the integration of QCs I didn't verify if it was known by them that other limitations existed beside the 3 Thin Necks Listed i.e. Apprentice Line.

Well it's kind of redundant now but the SC2 used is rev1. A little while ago when there was a troubleshooting Post about using SC2's Config. Editor on Macs instead of PC and highlighted in this Post was the enabling of the Twist-Colour Change versus Aux-Twist, Naigon personally responded and eluded to updating SF Production with rev2. I remain uncertain if that was actioned, but you are right, it's easily achievable and corrected.
I probably should have also asked if Etsy Hero tier can be 2-color instead of RGBA, but Hero was listed as unavailable there at the time so I didn't bother. Now I'm thinking I could get things faster via Etsy if 2-color is an option. (would prefer rBrB/RR instead of RGBA)
It's definitely worth verifying. In the past (this has zero accuracy if applicable now) the 6/6/12 setup was requested via Order Notes. It will make a substantial difference if it is honoured and can be accommodated as your forecasted Lead Time will be considerably less.
A hero tier saber plus an empty Xiphos with day blade and plug and stand is a pretty good deal at $540, compared to the usual non-discounted price of $750.
:huh: Wait a minute, perhaps I'm misinterpreting the 'combinable' Offers Deal. Gladius V2 Hero = $600USD less 10%=$540USD excluding Shipping. With $540 Purchase Value, this amount is made up of either FREE Xiphos Initiate using $500USD leaving $40USD residual ineligible for anything else.

Offers=:
Plug $50
Stand $150
Day Blade $250
If your Purchase Value=$540USD redeemable entitlement can be x10 Plugs, x2 Day Blades etc. all totalling the Purchase Value but it doesn't work with a [Xiphos($500), Day Blade($250), Stand($150) and Plug($50): $950] though right?

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 5 months ago #63304

• OvrcAHst
:huh: Wait a minute, perhaps I'm misinterpreting the 'combinable' Offers Deal. Gladius V2 Hero = $600USD less 10%=$540USD excluding Shipping. With $540 Purchase Value, this amount is made up of either FREE Xiphos Initiate using $500USD leaving $40USD residual ineligible for anything else.

Offers=:
Plug $50
Stand $150
Day Blade $250
If your Purchase Value=$540USD redeemable entitlement can be x10 Plugs, x2 Day Blades etc. all totalling the Purchase Value but it doesn't work with a [Xiphos($500), Day Blade($250), Stand($150) and Plug($50): $950] though right?
Okay.. just as an update to above Post, I sought further clarification and asked additional questions based from loose interpretation of the Value redemption. ToyKeeper, your initial interpretation was correct and mine well.. incorrect. :blush:

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 5 months ago #63317

• ToyKeeper
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 89
OvrcAHst wrote:
That's a good point, and it hadn't even occurred to me, so I asked for clarification. I also asked if I could get a rBrB/RR emitter through Etsy.
Sales@SF wrote:
Hello! Our sabers available through our Etsy shop are pre-built and have very few customizing options. The Hero tier sabers come with RGBA, and we are not able to customize that option. If you wanted to select two different colors, you would need to place your order through our main site.

As long as your subtotal (after the discount and before shipping) is $500 or more, you qualify for all of the free extras.
I hope this clears things up for anyone considering placing an order.

Edit: Oops, looks like OvrcAHst got there first and our posts collided. :)
I like shiny things.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by ToyKeeper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, OvrcAHst

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 5 months ago #63326

• OvrcAHst
Edit: Oops, looks like OvrcAHst got there first and our posts collided. :)
:lol: They sound like fighting words, like the anticipated clash of Red versus Blue :P

Watch that open hand.. ;)

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 5 months ago #63435

• OvrcAHst
Some additional information for those that may have been curious (specific to the Xiphos Upgrade) with how the Private Listing works and Yes, QCs is an option also:

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 4 months ago #63896

• OvrcAHst
There were some rumoured suggestions floating around about Hilt Stand Shortages. This has been verified and remains true. No idea though how long inventory resupply will be. Any other Punters waiting on, planning to buy or just bought..

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 4 months ago #64952

• OvrcAHst
All Black Hilt Finish (and an ETA enquiry to Deep Red LED):
What began as something available, then changed to not and was consistently so staying as not, until recently after a third revisit, is now back to Officially and Openly available but conditionally applicable to some Hilts only.

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 4 months ago #64955

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1457
That is pretty close to the list I was provided. The only thing missing is the Reliant.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 4 months ago #65140

• OvrcAHst
Warrior's with In-Hilt Recharge?

Maybe through Customs if it's still offered (as it was before) and (or) when (if) Commissions are accepted again.

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 4 months ago #65141

• obersmith
  • Thank you received: 2
my warrior tier hilt arrived without a hole for the recharge port.

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 4 months ago #65148

• OvrcAHst
obersmith wrote:
my warrior tier hilt arrived without a hole for the recharge port.
Warrior Tiers (No Sound) I believe are default with just the 1 Switch Hole. There was a time (unsure if it's current anymore) where to prevent the frequent Li-Ion Battery removal exercise for charging (12Watt version only, 6Watts use AAAs) you could have essentially a Champion Tier without the SoundBoard i.e. an In-Hilt recharge Port on a Warrior. Above Post simply validated that the option isn't available through Main Site (and obviously Etsy).

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 4 months ago #65247

• OvrcAHst
With an interest to obtain the Frost Blue Custom LED (Rb/Rb/W/W, featured in Limited Ed. Frost Lotus) as a Plug n Play LED Module from shopsaberparts, reply received..

However for all DIY Electronics-able, Computer Says: Yes.

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 4 months ago #65337

• OvrcAHst
It might be old News now that shopsaberparts has Officially Launched and visiting Traffic to saberparts Virtual Builder likely has lessened, but! with the additional Reds (Medium Red and Deep Red) introduced, I was curious how they'd look or be represented. They're not there...(yet).

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 1 year 4 months ago #65343

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1457
Their intention is still to be able to tie the saber builder to the ShopSaberParts.com site, so that anything you build there, can be ordered by clicking a button. I don't know a time line for this, but I was told it would happen in the foreseeable future. That should make it appealing to the masses again. B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot

Recently Responded to Email.(RRE) sales@saberforg 10 months 2 weeks ago #72069

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
Sent an email to CS the other day regarding ASP parts being sold out, and their subsequent restock. Has anyone made similar inquiries recently?
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Everything necessary for ... (3 Posts)
    • Welcome. I don't think you need the Stunt Warrior battery charger because the SaberCore 3.0 Plug N...
    • Hi bendodgey77 If you going with the ASP Plug-and-Play Champion 3.0 Here You will not need the 18650...
    • Hi all, just wanted to make sure I have all the right parts to purchase my first ASP saber: Emitter...
    • Saberforge Dissident Cust... (2 Posts)
    • That's an awesome looking saber, dude. I really like the shattered weathering and the wrap. I'm...
    • Sabercore 3.0 Swing Issue... (14 Posts)
    • Yeah I'm shipping off tomorrow. Not sure what else to do honestly.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6250
  • Latest Member: Awaseen
  • Total Posts: 62.8k
  • Total Topics: 5272
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 14
  • Yesterday Answer: 41