Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: A question about saber wrapping

A question about saber wrapping 1 day 1 hour ago #13103

So I bought a Champion level Katana with black stingray wrap off of the website on Memorial Day and I'm really looking forward to it, however I recently saw the Shattered Ronin saber that saberforge is giving away to those who make a LEGACY level donation to their Kickstarter campaign and while I would love to just cancel the order on my upcoming Katana and just purchase that instead I'm may not have the money to do so. Though I've seen by looking through post here on the forum and watching YouTube videos that saberforge is good at making reasonable request for modifications a reality, so I was wondering did anyone think or know if saberforge would be willing to wrap my saber in the style of a traditional Katana like they are doing with the Shattered Ronin?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A question about saber wrapping 1 day 1 hour ago #13107

• Knytiri
  • Platinum Member
  • “At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.”
  • Like received: 99
Custom wraps like that you would need to contact a smith and see how much they'd charge to do it.. on facebook, broc, sean, or Justin in the custom sabers group would be the guys to contact about it.

A question about saber wrapping 1 day 58 minutes ago #13109

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Like received: 72
They had said before that they thought about wrapping their katanas that way but I guess it's too time consuming or complicated for them to do it for the normal wrap price so they just stuck with the regular way.

A question about saber wrapping 1 day 11 minutes ago #13113

Well that is unfortunate, but if its a matter of cost I'd be more than willing to pay extra to have this done.

A question about saber wrapping 23 hours 10 minutes ago #13117

• janus
  • Premium Member
  • Like received: 14
Or you can do it by yourself.
You only need leather strip and double sided tape.
Trust me it's not difficult. I did it.
Own: Descent Hero RGBA
Luxeon converted Hasbro Darth Maul FX
Ultrasabers Guardian
Juggernaut warrior(soon)

A question about saber wrapping 22 hours 23 minutes ago #13119

• Andrew Ford
  • Premium Member
  • There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. Chaos, yet order.
  • Like received: 12
I saw the Shattered Ronin too and I absolutely freaked at how awesome it looked. I think I'm going to do a bit of modification to my own when it arrives, maybe something similar to what NeBossa Majik did with the thin leather strips on his Slashi'moto.
Bowties are cool... And so are Lightsabers!

A question about saber wrapping 16 hours 51 minutes ago #13163

• NeBossa Majik
  • Elite Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Like received: 13
I actually used o-rings.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Miraluka

A question about saber wrapping 15 hours 45 minutes ago #13174

• Knytiri
  • Platinum Member
  • “At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.”
  • Like received: 99
Doing it yourself is probably the best--and most rewarding--option. After all, you get to take it and make it personally yours, layering on customization that isnt done by someone else and with someone else's techniques. You can learn and explore on your own saber, and change it up as well.. what's not to like about that? Lol
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• wiring diagram? (7 Posts)
    • Yeah that's part of why I'm repairing it. The switch wasn't glued in; it's just hanging by the...
    • 2015 Gladius redesign - e... (4 Posts)
    • Thanks. This is so helpful to see the two sabers together and with your impressions. I like some...
    • New to the saber communit... (1 Posts)
    • Hi Guys and Girls, So I am fairly new to the saber community, not only saber forge but in general....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 1434
  • Latest Member: Nim
  • Total Posts: 9909
  • Total Topics: 848
  • Total Sections: 9
  • Total Categories: 62
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 9
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 134