Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Crimson or Viridium

Crimson or Viridium 1 year 4 months ago #13300

• Darth Titus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
So I am thinking about ordering up another lightsaber. Probably going to go with a weathered champion VenomousFury with a 12w amber led. Im not sure if I want to go with a crimson or viridian font. Any suggestions.
“Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken…about a great many things.”
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Darth Titus.
The topic has been locked.

Crimson or Viridian 1 year 4 months ago #13304

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
Viridium is fine. It's pretty lackluster but it sounds lightsabery. Crimson sounds better to me but the boot sound is so cheesy that it puts me off the font completely. Sounds like it's trying way too hard to be evil and cool.

Dunno if that's helpful but that's my opinion.

Crimson or Viridian 1 year 4 months ago #13312

• Andrew Ford
  • Premium Member
  • There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. Chaos, yet order.
I personally prefer Viridium. The blaster deflection sound is what sold it for me, although I do prefer the deeper sounds of the Crimson... It's a bit of a tough pick.
Bowties are cool... And so are Lightsabers!

Crimson or Viridian 1 year 4 months ago #13331

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
If the Viridium aux sounded like it was blocking a laser rather than firing one, that might be more of a selling point for me.

Crimson or Viridian 1 year 4 months ago #13332

• Andrew Ford
  • Premium Member
  • There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. Chaos, yet order.
Ehh, it does it for me. In my opinion I prefer it over the lightning deflection sound on the Crimson.

Crimson or Viridian 1 year 4 months ago #13333

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Haha, yeah. The viridium blast sound sounds more like an AT-AT to me. That's always been why I've preferred Crimson, personally. I love the deeper hum, too... okay. I just love Crimson overall a bit better. :) But, it's all personal preference.

Crimson or Viridian 1 year 4 months ago #13334

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
I don't really like either of the aux sounds so it doesn't even factor in for me. Given the choices, I'd rather have none at all so it wouldn't play them when I accidentally tap the switch.

Crimson or Viridian 1 year 4 months ago #13339

• FailedJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
I like the sound of the viridian ignition and that's the most important part for me at least...actual ignition and hum are all I'm worried about. Not much into the rest although I think possibly waiting for the next soundboard might be worth your waiting to hear it on a review.
DarthMario95 wrote:
The SaberCore 3.0 is still in development, from what I understand they are nearing the end of the the prototyping phase, so a summer release is still quite likely even with all the ASP excitement going on. It will be the new champion soundboard, replacing the Viridium and the Crimson, and will feature at least one fully customizable sound bank, if not two. It will still only have one blade color. This is compared to the Spark Color 2 on the hero tier, which has six fully customizable sound fonts and multiple blade colors.

sounds close....

Crimson or Viridian 1 year 4 months ago #13343

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
Yep. Personally, I'm a fan of the NEC perseverance font.

Crimson or Viridium 1 year 4 months ago #13355

• Darth Titus
  • Elite Member
I would love a sound font like this...

“Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken…about a great many things.”
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Darth Titus.

Crimson or Viridium 1 year 4 months ago #13356

• Andrew Ford
  • Premium Member
Hehehehe... I just noticed that the swing sound is a bit like the noise that the doors in Star Trek make.

The following user(s) said Thank You: FailedJedi
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Star Wars - Ahsoka (3 Posts)
    • I got a chance to sit down and read it today. I was pretty happy with it. The YA is evidenced a bit...
    • SD Card Configuration for... (11 Posts)
    • Mine didn't come with a SD card either. Rather disappointed because it's just sitting here and won't...
    • Bane disassembly? (1 Posts)
    • Hi, I ordered one of these for myself, and was looking for guides to taking this apart, I usually...
    • motion and impact sounds ... (1 Posts)
    • I just received a crystal reveal prodigal son with sabercore soundboard (will post a review once...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4617
  • Latest Member: DarthPopsicles
  • Total Posts: 48.7k
  • Total Topics: 3637
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 10