Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Crystal Redeemer Tiny Kill Key replacements?

Crystal Redeemer Tiny Kill Key replacements? 1 week 3 days ago #65879

• aatyas
  • Thank you received: 1
:lol: So I'm still grinning from ear to ear when I hold the Redeemer. (I suppose this is common for the first time saber owners :) ) Last night, I had by accident- put in the tiny kill key the wrong end in- so the grooved side was pushed in.

This morning- anxiety as I couldn't pull the key out!!! Finally after use of tissue and tweezer I got it out.

Now- i'm sure that this tiny kill key will get misplaced. They don't have similar replacement keys for sale on Etsy or ShopSaber or the normal site.

Can the normal brass kill keys be used in the Redeemer? Or is the Activation box area too narrow?
Anyone try the other keys inside the redeemer?

(Pics of the Redeemer- the deep blue looks purple at times on camera! & the tiny Kill key)

Aatyas
SWTOR fan.
Crystal Redeemer Deep Blue, Champion
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: inserted images
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Crystal Redeemer Tiny Kill Key replacements? 1 week 3 days ago #65912

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1194
aatyas wrote:
Now- i'm sure that this tiny kill key will get misplaced. They don't have similar replacement keys for sale on Etsy or ShopSaber or the normal site.
There's bound to be Outlets that sell the little nub as a kill key (haven't checked) as it's often used by many 'Smiths.
Can the normal brass kill keys be used in the Redeemer? Or is the Activation box area too narrow? Anyone try the other keys inside the redeemer?
No. Not unless you relocate the recharge port to say the Pommel. This is of course for the current 2016 version as preceding versions had the kill key/recharge port on the side of the switch section (where the left decorative greeblie is now).

In its current position (inside the box) with the nub inserted, the distance from the top of the nub to the underside of the switch plate=2.63mm. You also need to factor in the two halves of the O-ring glued there to minimise sliding which lessens the space further. The lazerforge forge kill key tops=4.44mm. Too thick to neatly tuck under plus if you thought an inverted kill key nub was difficult to extract and warranted anxiety, the lazerforge ones will give you heightened anxiety if you don't have needle-nosed pliers handy. The knurled kill keys=7.61mm.

If you do misplace the default kill key nub, in the interim, just plug your recharge jack into the Port with the Charger switched off at the wall. If you don't have success with sourcing a replacement nub, a hack you could utilise is with any of the stock supplied kill keys by SF (notso much the knurled ones 'cause they're rare) is to separate the nub from the flat top and... introducing Uncle Bob. :)

Crystal Redeemer Tiny Kill Key replacements? 1 week 2 days ago #65919

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 264
If you look at my Redeemer build review, I took a normal kill key and sanded it down so it still has the large circular surface on the top, but it allows the circuit card to slide over top. It's much easier to pull in my humble opinion.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Crystal Redeemer Tiny Kill Key replacements? 1 week 2 days ago #65966

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1194
HotRod wrote:
If you look at my Redeemer build review, I took a normal kill key and sanded it down so it still has the large circular surface on the top, but it allows the circuit card to slide over top. It's much easier to pull in my humble opinion.
You may be wondering about my kill key. Well, I pulled the post out of the kill key (using Saberforge's new kill key) and it proved to be REALLY tough to get out. So, I just sanded the top down until the entire kill key fit under the card. This works really well and is very easy to get to. The new kill key works great for this!

See, I recall this and with mirroring your DIY, the benefit I agree with is a firmer-held plate with nomorz jingle, the kill key removal notso much. It's likely the plug diameter of 13.52mm inside an edged box of 13.66mm just wasn't meant to be with my sausages over your delicate ones. :blush: :lol:

Crystal Redeemer Tiny Kill Key replacements? 12 hours 29 minutes ago #66418

• aatyas
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for the info and help.

Now my saber is having problems! It's not getting charged it appears.

The charger light does not go off and when activated the saber starts and then turns off in a few seconds and then sound splutters and there is a low skipping sound in the speaker. I guess something is not letting it charge fully.

So have to send it back. :angry:
Aatyas
SWTOR fan.
Crystal Redeemer Deep Blue, Champion
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Im thinking of getting an... (17 Posts)
    • This happens for me too, as I was looking at an empty hilt from ASP and the costs for shipping is...
    • Mod: Quick-Connects for T... (1 Posts)
    • Recently got my hands on an Exhalted and have been tinkering with it. Was originally a Champion, so...
    • Multiple Sabers For Sale (1 Posts)
    • Selling a few things because bills and medical fun times, and I can always buy more sabers later. :)...
    • Im thinking of getting an... (17 Posts)
    • Quote: I configured my own empty hilt for diy install on the ASP site and got stung for $55 for shipping to...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (430 Posts)
    • Quote: Good things happen to those who wait. Finally! All three boxes are here! And just finished the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4495
  • Latest Member: HoplyDool
  • Total Posts: 46.6k
  • Total Topics: 3412
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 109
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 31
  • Yesterday Answer: 36