Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Aftermarket SF compatible tsubas

Aftermarket SF compatible tsubas 2 months 1 week ago #66132

• Davin
  • Thank you received: 11
My google fu-ing is not turning up anything. Does anyone make custom tsubas that fit the Saberforge katana emitters?

I'm thinking of picking up an ASP katana build, but I'd like to further customize the look and not reflect any jedi or sith affiliation with the design.

I'm aware MHS and over-the-blade versions of tsubas exist. I assume the MHS versions would be incompatible with SF and I'd prefer that it is "built" into the hilt rather than the attached to the blade versions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

Aftermarket SF compatible tsubas 2 months 1 week ago #66133

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 34
Davin wrote:
My google fu-ing is not turning up anything. Does anyone make custom tsubas that fit the Saberforge katana emitters?

I'm thinking of picking up an ASP katana build, but I'd like to further customize the look and not reflect any jedi or sith affiliation with the design.

I'm aware MHS and over-the-blade versions of tsubas exist. I assume the MHS versions would be incompatible with SF and I'd prefer that it is "built" into the hilt rather than the attached to the blade versions.

I am pretty sure when it becomes available you can ask customs about different tsubas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davin

Aftermarket SF compatible tsubas 2 months 6 days ago #66135

• Davin
  • Thank you received: 11
ukyavuz wrote:
I am pretty sure when it becomes available you can ask customs about different tsubas.

Nice. I hadn't thought of that. Hopefully they can produce a tsuba by itself and I can go ahead and get the saber now to use while I wait out their lead time.

Aftermarket SF compatible tsubas 2 months 6 days ago #66146

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 285
No there is no place else to get them. The tsuba's have a specific key-way built in (the notch seen in the middle circle section of the tsuba). This centres it and then afterwards they use adhesive to keep it in place, with the cap also adhered on top.
Perhaps lazerforge can cut you a style/shape you prefer. I asked last year if I could get a custom tsuba made for the katana I ordered and they said no.
But that was a year ago and they've expanded their abilities since then.

Send them an email and ask.
Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davin
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Spark2 - LED still glows ... (6 Posts)
    • I've never had this happen with a Spark board, I did have it happen with a NB2 with Power Extender,...
    • Possible wiring issue (3 Posts)
    • Quote: That could just be you putting enough pressure on the switch to almost unlatch it, causing a little...
    • New here, few questions a... (2 Posts)
    • Welcome, AudiuX! Quick Connectors are two small plugs that go on the end of some wires so you can...
    • When are we getting New C... (5 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Last word was that the first expansion pack was approaching quickly, but we did not have an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4634
  • Latest Member: Groverkam
  • Total Posts: 49.2k
  • Total Topics: 3702
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 25
  • Yesterday Answer: 29