Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Quick question about apprentice iniate hilt...?

Quick question about apprentice iniate hilt...? 6 days 8 hours ago #66166

• trinitywhipco
I am new here and red up on the F.A.Q. slightly. What I am trying to find out is...Does the apprentice initiate come with the ability to lock in a blade? Or do I need to install the kill switch (if that is what screws in the blade snuggly)?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Quick question about apprentice iniate hilt...? 6 days 10 minutes ago #66178

• Khang
  • Thank you received: 13
You're thinking of the blade retention screw that holds the blade in place. Yes, these will come with the initiate; drilled and tapped already.

Kill switch may be referring to the kill key, which is inserted into the recharge port to cut off power from the battery.

Quick question about apprentice iniate hilt...? 6 days 7 minutes ago #66180

• WookieeGunner
  • Thank you received: 11
All of the sabers should come with the ability to lock in a blade which is not the kill key.

The saber will have two small holes in the emitter end that a set screw (generally provided) will come in. The one closest to the emitter is used to hold in the blade and the second one is used to hold in the LED module.

The kill key is a piece of plastic tubing with a metal top that is inserted into the charging port when you want to completely stop power going to the sound card, otherwise it will always be drawing some current even when "off".
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Mod: Quick-Connects for T... (1 Posts)
    • Recently got my hands on an Exhalted and have been tinkering with it. Was originally a Champion, so...
    • Multiple Sabers For Sale (1 Posts)
    • Selling a few things because bills and medical fun times, and I can always buy more sabers later. :)...
    • Im thinking of getting an... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: I configured my own empty hilt for diy install on the ASP site and got stung for $55 for shipping to...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (430 Posts)
    • Quote: Good things happen to those who wait. Finally! All three boxes are here! And just finished the...
    • Im thinking of getting an... (16 Posts)
    • Agreed on shipping costs. I configured my own empty hilt for diy install on the ASP site and got...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4495
  • Latest Member: HoplyDool
  • Total Posts: 46.6k
  • Total Topics: 3412
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 109
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 30
  • Yesterday Answer: 36