Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Are X4 (individually adressable) LED's available?

Are X4 (individually adressable) LED's available? 2 months 6 days ago #66181

• Brady329
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Has anyone received custom LED's from shopsaberparts.com that are individually adressable (X4) and not the X2's where they are split into groups of 2?

Want to order a G/G/G/rB LED to be wired for G/G/G with the rB for FoC.Tried to do the same thing with my mint green LED (G/G/G/B ) but found out it is an X2 so I can only break it down to G/G on one channel and G/B on the other.
Last Edit: 2 months 6 days ago by Brady329.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kouri

Are X4 (individually adressable) LED's available? 2 months 6 days ago #66184

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 152
Here's a quote from RichellM from a couple days ago in the Prizm v4 thread, since I can't really personally help here:
RichellM wrote:
Kouri wrote:
...That said, I don't know if I've seen anyone order a 4-color custom star with all four LEDs addressable. Last few folks that tried to re-wire their LEDs wound up with two-channel stars. I'd love to find out it's possible, though, since I've got a build coming up that I'd like to use a RedOrange/Green/Green/RoyalBlue star on.

AvalonEtc. wrote:
I, actually was going to use all 4 dies to power a sort-of, pastel kind of golden yellow. I just wanted to be able to have each individual color individually addressable (as opposed to just simply using a Spark 2 or Speak Color 2 [a touch wierd, I know...])

I ordered a couple of 2 color LEDs from the shopsaberparts site and each die was addressable (4 channel stars...I tested it!). I just mentioned "These LEDs are for a Hero tier saber" and the color combination I wanted (i.e. change 4xRed to 2xRed/2xDeep Blue) in the comments. I don't know if this did it, or that I got lucky, but it is possible to get 4 channel stars.

Maybe just need to be more specific in the description, i.e. "provide 4 channel star (X4?)"..."each LED will be connected to their own channel"

I think that mentioning "it is for Hero Tier Saber" means that the stars would need to be 4 channel since each LED will need to be connected to their own channel on a SparkColor2...I think...

Here's a couple of my conversations with SFCS that enabled me to buy the said LEDs...I don't know if they will help with your questions:

RichellM wrote:
SFCS,
I would like to order a 2xGreen 2xRed DIY 12W+ LED on shopsaberparts.com. Can I do it? If so, how do I go about ordering it on shopsaberparts.com since it is not listed as one of the options?

Melissa wrote:
Hello! To do this, you would need to purchase an LED star, the heat sink, and lens from the "Do-It-Yourself Electronics" section. In the comments section, specify what dies you would like, and we can send you a star with those dies installed.

May the Forge be with you!
Melissa

RichellM wrote:
SFCS,
Another question: On the main SF site under accessories, is it possible to order a 2 color Quad Cree 12W+ LED? For example, red as the first color and purple as the second color?

India wrote:
Hello! Our 2 color LEDs are not 12W, they are roughly the equivalent of a 6W. The dual color LEDs are only compatible with our Hero board sabers. Is this going to be for a Hero saber? If so, you would want to purchase a 12W LED and put in the order notes that it is for a Hero LED and the two colors you need.

May the Forge be with you!
India
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brady329, jonnys95s10

Are X4 (individually adressable) LED's available? 2 months 6 days ago #66186

• Khang
  • Thank you received: 17
I received an GGBW LED that had individually addressable LEDs from the shopsaberparts site.

Wired up to a NBv3, I have a gradient blade (mint green to arctic blue) with white flash on clash.

Are X4 (individually adressable) LED's available? 2 months 6 days ago #66187

• Brady329
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Did you just ask for it in the note section of your order?

I just went ahead and ordered a G/G/G/rB and requested it to be on a X4 star for a Hero saber. But after I placed the order I didn't see my notes pop up anywhere so I'm nervous they won't send me the right thing.

Are X4 (individually adressable) LED's available? 2 months 5 days ago #66189

• Khang
  • Thank you received: 17
Yea, it doesn't show up any notes or anything from what I can tell.

For my LED, I chose an LED setup close to what I wanted and put what I wanted in the order comments.

Are X4 (individually adressable) LED's available? 2 months 5 days ago #66198

• RichellM
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Brady329 wrote:
Did you just ask for it in the note section of your order?

I just went ahead and ordered a G/G/G/rB and requested it to be on a X4 star for a Hero saber. But after I placed the order I didn't see my notes pop up anywhere so I'm nervous they won't send me the right thing.

Don't be nervous, the comments you wrote will not show up as mine did not also. When I received my order, they did fulfill all my requests/comments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brady329
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Spark2 - LED still glows ... (6 Posts)
    • I've never had this happen with a Spark board, I did have it happen with a NB2 with Power Extender,...
    • Possible wiring issue (3 Posts)
    • Quote: That could just be you putting enough pressure on the switch to almost unlatch it, causing a little...
    • New here, few questions a... (2 Posts)
    • Welcome, AudiuX! Quick Connectors are two small plugs that go on the end of some wires so you can...
    • When are we getting New C... (5 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Last word was that the first expansion pack was approaching quickly, but we did not have an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4634
  • Latest Member: Groverkam
  • Total Posts: 49.2k
  • Total Topics: 3702
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 25
  • Yesterday Answer: 29