Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Im wonderig, where is the....

Im wonderig, where is the.... 3 weeks 1 day ago #67785

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32
...........Bane 2.0?

It would be nice to see another second generation curved saber in the house.
The wounded Jedi looks up at the massive man wielding a 6' long light saber! The last words the Jedi hears is "Yes, I am Sith, and oh, so much more"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Im wonderig, where is the.... 3 weeks 1 day ago #67786

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 497
When it was revealed, I believe SF said it would be rolling out after all the old Bane stock had sold out, and there are 19 Initates and 3 with electronics left on Etsy. So hopefully soon?
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthTtocs

Im wonderig, where is the.... 3 weeks 1 day ago #67789

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 821
DarthTtocs wrote:
...........Bane 2.0?

It would be nice to see another second generation curved saber in the house.

My last information was that it would be closer to the end of the year, and that time is approaching. So, keep your eyes peeled, and your ear to the ground!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Im wonderig, where is the.... 3 weeks 1 day ago #67793

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 381
I'll be happy to see any new hilts arrive. The last few don't really count IMO as they're ASP derivatives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Im wonderig, where is the.... 3 weeks 1 day ago #67794

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 325
h2soy wrote:
I'll be happy to see any new hilts arrive. The last few don't really count IMO as they're ASP derivatives.

....lol , I can see where you're reasoning comes from.

But I would count those ASP derived hilts as new. Imagine if ASP never existed, and SF came up with these new hilts anyway (Ares, Mercenary, Forsaken, Shadow Hunter, Emerald Knight, Descendant, Justicar). We would then consider these as "new". What's actually new I think, is the ASP concept, and the Dark Side of the Force tells me that in future, we are more likely to see new hilts based on parts from the ASP rather than non-derived-new (e.g. Vanquish, Bastion, Consular). I bet SF sees this way of producing new designs as more efficient and cost effective.

I consider the Dark Paladin as a variation of the Relic with its longer main neck and body drip, so not entirely new. I quite like it.
"I am the Senate"

Im wonderig, where is the.... 3 weeks 1 day ago #67797

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 381
But I would count those ASP derived hilts as new. Imagine if ASP never existed, and SF came up with these new hilts anyway (Ares, Mercenary, Forsaken, Shadow Hunter, Emerald Knight, Descendant, Justicar). We would then consider these as "new". What's actually new I think, is the ASP concept, and the Dark Side of the Force tells me that in future, we are more likely to see new hilts based on parts from the ASP rather than non-derived-new (e.g. Vanquish, Bastion, Consular). I bet SF sees this way of producing new designs as more efficient and cost effective.
It totes makes business sense and I respect that.... However, the SF snob in me who has 30+ of their hilts hungers for something new. The Regal, the curved ASPs, the Katarn ASP... That's what I'm hankering for.

Im wonderig, where is the.... 3 weeks 1 day ago #67799

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
h2soy wrote:
.... However, the SF snob in me who has 30+ of their hilts hungers for something new. The Regal, the curved ASPs, the Katarn ASP... That's what I'm hankering for.

Agree. :) Knives and forks in our hands at the dinner table: "We want NEW! We want NEW! We want NEW!" :lol:

I want The Count, which seems to be cancelled. Also a heavily Vader inspired hilt, also seems to be cancelled. :(
"I am the Senate"

Im wonderig, where is the.... 3 weeks 1 day ago #67800

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
I want the Assassin or the Bane 2.0. Either one would pair well with Vanquish.

......AND I want it BLACK!
The wounded Jedi looks up at the massive man wielding a 6' long light saber! The last words the Jedi hears is "Yes, I am Sith, and oh, so much more"

Im wonderig, where is the.... 3 weeks 1 day ago #67801

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
DarthTtocs wrote:
I want the Assassin or the Bane 2.0. Either one would pair well with Vanquish.

......AND I want it BLACK!

And you want it NOW!

Remind me please, I can't seem to find a Bane 2.0 picture?
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by Execute66.

Im wonderig, where is the.... 3 weeks 1 day ago #67804

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
https://saberforgeforum.com/media/kunena/attachments/1724/13235333_10104433775799583_1090922415872443706_o.jpg

Last Edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: insert image

Im wonderig, where is the.... 3 weeks 1 day ago #67808

• CrimsonJax88
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 19
Execute66 wrote:

I consider the Dark Paladin as a variation of the Relic with its longer main neck and body drip, so not entirely new. I quite like it.
I agree; The Ares and Emerald Knight feel like new sabers to me - the others as well of course, but I feel that their designs are a bit too similar to hilts that we've already seen (Justicar and Mercenary have the feel of a Venomous Fury, Shadow Hunter of a Gladius, Descendant of a Prodigal Son, etc.).
I think maybe that's what h2soy is getting at; there are plenty of new hilts, but with the exception of a few, most seem very similar to existing ones.
Of course there is a difference - just like the Redeemer and Exhalted have difference between them - but I can understand the notion that one might feel they are not 'as new' as one might hope because for instance the emitter or body is the same or reminds a lot of an existing saber.

As you say with the ASP system now in place we can only dream of the new and wonderful designs we might receive, but it would be cool to see some designs that are for instance not available in ASP (things like an Archon, Grand Master, Relic, etc.) and feel completely new - aka, a saber that has no parts in it that resemble or are exactly similar to previous existing designs, but is all new from top to bottom.
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

Im wonderig, where is the.... 3 weeks 1 day ago #67811

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1395
It may just be that anything New (i.e. never been seen before) won't be introduced until Eps 8 & 9 become something old. I mean, Saber Hilts in general and all known and available designs (not just limited to SF) are either influenced from or are designed after what exists in the SW Universe, Canon or not. ASP born designs aren't exempt from this either. Instead of anything actually New, everything is essential re-invented, from something in the future but still a long, long time ago.. :lol: :dry:

Im wonderig, where is the.... 3 weeks 20 hours ago #67861

• CrimsonJax88
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 19
Understandable; but who knows, maybe there's some undiscovered wells from the Expanded Universe (or Legens as it's called now) that SF can drink from.
There is the Monarch and the Reliant representing Galen Marek's Force Unleashed sabers, but the spiked 'Starkiller/Sith Stalker Armor' saber could still be something cool to see SF take on it.
Or Malak or Ven Zallow :P

But as said, I'm more than happy seeing what kind of combinations the ASP can give us that I wouldn't have thought of myself - and of course there's my wish list that first needs to be purchased before I can even dare to think of wanting 'new' hilts ;)
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

Im wonderig, where is the.... 3 weeks 18 hours ago #67868

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 34
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
Understandable; but who knows, maybe there's some undiscovered wells from the Expanded Universe (or Legens as it's called now) that SF can drink from.
There is the Monarch and the Reliant representing Galen Marek's Force Unleashed sabers, but the spiked 'Starkiller/Sith Stalker Armor' saber could still be something cool to see SF take on it.
Or Malak or Ven Zallow :P

But as said, I'm more than happy seeing what kind of combinations the ASP can give us that I wouldn't have thought of myself - and of course there's my wish list that first needs to be purchased before I can even dare to think of wanting 'new' hilts ;)

A vote for starkillers sith stalker saber from me as well that would make a good pike spear head in adittion to being just a badass saber on its own........and more claws means happier me :P

Im wonderig, where is the.... 3 weeks 17 hours ago #67870

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1395
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
But as said, I'm more than happy seeing what kind of combinations the ASP can give us that I wouldn't have thought of myself -
Here1 contains pages of Hilt Designs configured prior to the launch of ASP and Here2 illustrates Owners Reviewing what was realised. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: CrimsonJax88
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• My Son's Saber - Design q... (20 Posts)
    • Dusting this one off. I'm thinking about using an Acolyte hilt for this build. It would fit my sons...
    • Warranty Repair Experienc... (10 Posts)
    • I got new screws for my asp saber in 2 days lol I was shocked I wish my shims and shoto blade comes...
    • Saber Selfies (228 Posts)
    • Me and the Padawan (We are still working on the whole "don't touch the force imbued highly charged...
    • First build (9 Posts)
    • Quote: So I've been looking around and have found some hilts with recharge ports/AV switches installed in...
    • Kylo Ren & Knights of... (30 Posts)
    • Quote: Yeah, the solvents in spray paint will straight up dissolve polystyrene foams (I've actually seen...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4631
  • Latest Member: Michaelevize
  • Total Posts: 48.9k
  • Total Topics: 3656
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 36
  • Yesterday Answer: 37