Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #67924

• judge death
Hi there, I´m writing this due to I´m planning to take part in the star wars convention in my country which takes place on 25 November, just read the faq and saberforge say it might take 8 weeks or more to get it here, and read some people saying it can take 10-12 weeks.

If that is correct then it wouldnt get to me in time so hence I write here for two reasons:
1: To see if someone might be willing to sell a apprentice saber warrior type preferable but others are welcomed as well. Sound is also welcomed.
Almost a must is a red saber since its my fave version, the hilts I like from that series are: Bastion and Disciple. I guess a fair offer is between 2-300+ dollars/euros, I gladly discuss the price.

2: I would buy a new one if I know I could get it in time before the convention, does anyone have experience of getting the lightsaber faster than 6-8 weeks? Or what is the normal waiting time for a apprentice saber, maybe without sound if that speeds it up?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #67925

• Burns3558
  • Elite Member
  • The force is strong in my family...
  • Thank you received: 55
If you go to the saberforge etsy shop you can get anything available in the etsy shop in a few weeks.
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by Burns3558. Reason: Typo

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #67927

• judge death
Alright, thanks! I wonder if I would get the lightsaber then in max 6 weeks time if I buy from there? Anyone with experience here who could tell the time it took from order to getting it home?

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #67928

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
What Burns said, I've purchased from the Etsy Shop before and had Saber in hand within 5 days.

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #67930

• judge death
Okay seems one get it much faster there, makes me wonder how that come? Well since I live in Sweden, what is the time to get it then?

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #67931

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
I tink it will end up mostly depending on your countries customs dept.

I would recomend emailing This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and asking if there are any special considerations when shipping to sweden

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #67932

• judge death
Done, have to see if they reply, or when they get the time.

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #68011

• judge death
Got an answer and yes etsy is faster and can send abroad without problems very fast since they stock up on etsy with finished sabers due to how that site work like.

I have just this question:
I´m thinking of either getting the Sentinel or the Disiiple lightsaber and then champion version with sound and all, on the etsy page it says:

SENTINAL Custom LED Saber, not star wars for old republic jedi sith lightsaber

Electronics: CHAMPION 12w [2,888.89 SEK]
Blade Color: Deep Red

Do I get the same quality on it and all the extra things as sound etc if I order it on etsy as I would from the website or what are the drawbacks?

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #68045

• WookieeGunner
  • Thank you received: 11
Yes, the only drawbacks are that you have to pick from their list of options. For example, I wanted a Black Lotus with a red handle wrap and the only way to get that is through the main site.

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #68048

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
WookieeGunner wrote:
Yes, the only drawbacks are that you have to pick from their list of options. For example, I wanted a Black Lotus with a red handle wrap and the only way to get that is through the main site.

Also, IIRC, you may not be able to choose if you get a Viridian or Crimson sound board.

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #68050

• judge death
Snakeeyz99 wrote:
WookieeGunner wrote:

Also, IIRC, you may not be able to choose if you get a Viridian or Crimson sound board.
Ahh okay!
But for me at the moment I wont mind whatever sound board I get and from the description and how the shilt look like I think I will be pleased with this one:

https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/387486524/sentinal-custom-led-saber-not-star-wars
Champion version then.

I just wish I could see what length the saber would be, want the 37 inch one for it, want a red saber like darth vaders so i guess deep red is the one to go for?

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #68052

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
-Hyper durable V4 infinity blade with threaded tip in 26", 32", or 37".

Since they list all of the lengths of blades on the product page, I think you will be able to specify 37" in the order notes. Can't confirm but that's what it would seem to imply.

As for color, deep red is definitely the color seen below; definitely red with a subtle magenta hue to it due to the purity of the red:

The only thing to keep in mind would be the relative dimness of the Deep Red compared to the default red available (much more of the light produced by the deep red is in the infrared spectrum compared to the default, which has a tinge of orange light instead). This will stand out more in a 37 inch blade since the light needs to travel/reflect further to reach the tip. If this worries you medium red might be a good compromise of color and brightness.

With my 26" blade the deep red looks like a solid red stick, but on camera there is a very defined white core as seen in the movies. Kind of a nice effect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: judge death

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #68054

• judge death
Many thanks for that excellent informative text there, deep red is the one I want then.
I also see the drawbacks with it and a 37 inch saber, either go medium red or get a shorter saber, or accept the drawback with deep red and 37 inch saber hmmm....
I´m worried 26 inch is too short for my taste in lightsabers but I think it would look better since the light wont be weaker as with a longer saber...Hard choice.

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #68058

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
Here's a 3W red in a 26 inch blade vs a 12W deep red in a 37 inch blade:

Here's the same sabers with the blades swapped:

Hope this helps somewhat.

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #68121

• judge death
It does quite a lot! Many thanks for that comparison, hmm deep red looked more pinky than I thought, I´m thinking about going medium red since the red one is too orange colored but havent managed to find a photo of how the medium red one looks like?

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #68124

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 303
Deep red only looks "pinkish" on camera. In reality it is a solid, blood red. It's beautiful.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #68129

• judge death
Thank you! then deep red it is and a 32 inch saber since the 37 is a bit long and I´m 1,76metres long and I think it will look more dark red with the 32 inch. Could always get a 37 later if I wish to.

Just one thing I found interesting with buying from etsy, according to saberforge:
The Champion tier on Etsy includes all of the same features a Champion tier saber would include from our main site. Please note, sabers purchased through Etsy cannot be upgraded at a later date, as per Etsy's policies. If you know you want to upgrade to Hero tier later, it is recommended to purchase the Hero tier initially.

So guess one cant send it in to have it modified later on, maybe some private people out there can? but then after one year when the warranty runs out. :)

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 2 weeks ago #68131

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1143
I will chime in as an advocate of Deep Red as well. It reminds me very much of the shade of red displayed by Darth Vader's saber. It is a beautiful color, and you won't be sorry to have chosen it.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 1 week ago #68159

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
judge death wrote:
It does quite a lot! Many thanks for that comparison, hmm deep red looked more pinky than I thought, I´m thinking about going medium red since the red one is too orange colored but havent managed to find a photo of how the medium red one looks like?

Above image taken from here1.

Colours: top to bottom:
Amber, Blood Orange, Red, Medium Red and Deep Red.
Avoid focusing on the coring effect rather, gauge the colour representation in the corresponding spaces directly below each blade.

Next two images taken from here2.
Medium Red (left/top) vs. Deep Red (right/bottom)

then deep red it is and a 32 inch saber since the 37 is a bit long and I´m 1,76metres long and I think it will look more dark red with the 32 inch. Could always get a 37 later if I wish to.
Staying with a 37" blade is also an option 'cos if you go Bastion, the Blade socket depth = 55mm (2.165"). You can always cut-it to shorten but notso easily add to-it, to lengthen.

Finally, the following equals Bastion Deep Red. Happy Shopping! :)

Deep Red is a beauty that won't disappoint. *If you remain indecisive, you could also purchase the desired Hilt with Quick Connects in say Deep Red and an additional LED Module (with QC) in Medium Red and have both. :lol:

*EDIT: just re-read your update. If you're leaning Sentinel/Disciple will have to check that QC's is an available option. :oops:
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by OvrcAHst.

Looking for a lightsaber, need one for a convent 9 months 1 week ago #68186

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
If you are worried about brightness, you could also purchase a thin walled blade with a mirrored tip which will be brighter than the thick walled blade. It's won't be as good for full contact dueling, but for light contact and general showing off at a convention it may be your best bet.

SF does not sell thin walled blades, but there are numerous other suppliers out there who do and could ship you one quickly as well. Blades all generally cost about $30 US plus shipping.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Double Reveal MPP Coming ... (46 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: I was able to snag one! Yay! What options? I wonder what the SaberCore 3.0 flash on clash mean? The...
    • Quote: I was able to snag one! Yay! What options? I wonder what the SaberCore 3.0 flash on clash mean? The...
    • Nice DK44! I've got all of my ducks in a row, money-wise, or I'd be quite tempted myself. ;)
    • I was able to snag one!
    • Sweet! Those look really sharp. :)

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5393
  • Latest Member: Isola815
  • Total Posts: 56.9k
  • Total Topics: 4763
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 120
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 26