Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Question on the Arbiter Initiate Tier

Question on the Arbiter Initiate Tier 5 months 2 days ago #68288

• Warlock
I'm looking to finally get off my butt on get a nice Saber to play around with (having a 4 year old that wants to duel all the time helped lol). I've looked over the ASP offerings but I simply love the Arbiter style.

My question is, if I purchase the initiate tier can I later add electronics for the blade and sound myself?

Sorry if this has been asked/answered else where,...I did look and just didn't see it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Question on the Arbiter Initiate Tier 5 months 1 day ago #68340

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1542
Warlock wrote:
My question is, if I purchase the initiate tier can I later add electronics for the blade and sound myself?
Am not experienced with it personally however Yes. Hilts are sold as empties to cater for that very reason, to DIY install. The reported difficulties by Others that have tried and eventually succeeded is the artistry surrounding it given the tight and restricting space and ID you have to work with. :)

Question on the Arbiter Initiate Tier 5 months 23 hours ago #68377

• Warlock
OvrcAHst wrote:
Warlock wrote:
Am not experienced with it personally however Yes. Hilts are sold as empties to cater for that very reason, to DIY install. The reported difficulties by Others that have tried and eventually succeeded is the artistry surrounding it given the tight and restricting space and ID you have to work with. :)

Thanks for the info! I'm really rather excited about this project. Just wanting to make sure of it's going to work the way I'm thinking, at least somewhat.

I'm assuming the pommel unscrews, and hoping the emitter does as well?

The one plus I've got going for me,.......I explained this hobby to my wife as way cheaper than expanding the firearm collection :D :lol:

The electronics aren't too daunting to me just because I work with low voltage devices daily and with figuring out how to make systems work with the provided area (access control on weird doors etc) so this part sounds like it'll be alot of fun.

But bottom line is I've been drooling over this site's hilts for way too long so now it's time to get one.

Question on the Arbiter Initiate Tier 5 months 18 hours ago #68392

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1542
Warlock wrote:
I'm assuming the pommel unscrews, and hoping the emitter does as well?
Pommel, Yes almost always. Emitter, No, not unless you go with parts-purchase in ASP but that also returns limitations to the Emitter.
The one plus I've got going for me,.......I explained this hobby to my wife as way cheaper than expanding the firearm collection :D :lol:
:lol: any reason that works is a good reason. The alternative? introduce her to a different hobby for her own focus to remove the spotlight from you. :P
The electronics aren't too daunting to me just because I work with low voltage devices daily and with figuring out how to make systems work with the provided area (access control on weird doors etc) so this part sounds like it'll be alot of fun.
What you have and excel with, I don't. Cos sticking a metal knife into a stuck toaster to dislodge said toast isn't the same right? :blush:
But bottom line is I've been drooling over this site's hilts for way too long so now it's time to get one.
It always starts with one. :whistle:

Question on the Arbiter Initiate Tier 5 months 9 hours ago #68405

• Warlock
OvrcAHst wrote:
Pommel, Yes almost always. Emitter, No, not unless you go with parts-purchase in ASP but that also returns limitations to the Emitter.
Ok next question then would be once the blade plug is removed are the hilts pretty.much hollow all the way to the pommel?
What you have and excel with, I don't. Cos sticking a metal knife into a stuck toaster to dislodge said toast isn't the same right? :blush:
You'd be surprised at how often that approach is used in service repair. Lol.
It always starts with one. :whistle:
Don t I know it. In already like "well I want the arbiter, and the acolyte, and Sentinel, and , and ,and . . And I just need to hit a lotto by the list.
Last Edit: 5 months 9 hours ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: open/close quote tags corrected.

Question on the Arbiter Initiate Tier 5 months 8 hours ago #68407

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 173
Well lookie what I just happened to bring to work today; an initiate tier Arbiter! You can see that while it is hollow all the way through, the section just above the switch is very thin. It seems to be a tricky hilt for wire work, definitely.

The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, Warlock

Question on the Arbiter Initiate Tier 5 months 5 hours ago #68408

• Warlock
You sir are awesome! I see that there is a lip that the led assembly can rest on even. Tricky part of course will be getting all the wiring and bits back inside.

This is a huge help thank you!!!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Payment types? (4 Posts)
    • The bottom of the site says they accept American express, Visa, discover, Mastercard, JCB and there...
    • well..........that sucks.
    • Apparently they don't accept Paypal I asked CS a while ago which payment options they accepted. They...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Guess I need to clear my schedule then.... :P :lol: You mean it's not already cleared for the 4...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: SWEET! I will definitely be getting an Aeon. Prodigy looks great too. I'd have to see some...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4710
  • Latest Member: TARoberth2C1e
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4311
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 32
  • Yesterday Answer: 41