Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PRIZM v4 - Your Thoughts/Opinion

PRIZM v4 - Your Thoughts/Opinion 2 weeks 6 days ago #70609

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 398
Hi everyone, Happy New Year!

I'm thinking of the Prizm v4 by Plector labs as a board for an install to play with color changing. Color changing is something I don't have in my collection yet and I don't mind having just the one special saber with that feature. I am aware of the Spark Color 2 that SF uses as the "Hero" tier. However, I have read lots of positive opinion about Prizm v4.

Whatever your thoughts are, opinion and first hand experience with Prizm v4, I would be grateful if you could share your wisdom with me. In particular, how much less bright might the blade be when I switch from color to color with Prizm v4, everything else equal? Am I missing something? Thanks :)
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Execute66.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PRIZM v4 - Your Thoughts/Opinion 2 weeks 6 days ago #70613

• Vechaljian
  • Thank you received: 21
The Prizm V4 is a very nice card, I don't have any issues with it, I used 1 in my Graflex 2.0 and in ASP I did for as a commission.
The Prizm 4 however uses 3 channels for Dies and the spark color 2 uses 4 channels. I like Spark Colors interface for settings better, the prizm is more manual notepad type settings. On the prizm I do like the force push/pull sound effect but takes practice, and its blast block is 1 button press for 1 blast bolt, lock up is standard, But SPC2's blaster block and lock up is a bit better. Sound is pretty equal on a 28mm bass speaker, and color changing work just fine, I've never noticed any dimming.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

PRIZM v4 - Your Thoughts/Opinion 2 weeks 6 days ago #70614

• Burns3558
  • Elite Member
  • The force is strong in my family...
  • Thank you received: 55
Assuming your using a tri-Cree xpe2... Your not going to lose any brightness on the colors that use 2 die, the colors that use 1 will be slightly dimmer but the blade will be lit up a little better. If your using a tri cree with the correct lens 2 colors die lit full power is brighter than a SF star with 4 die lit at full power. Using the correct lens will eliminate base flare and dim spots a light up a blade properly. It also helps to get a thinner walled blade than the SF blade. These are just my observations from comparing my own sabers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

PRIZM v4 - Your Thoughts/Opinion 2 weeks 6 days ago #70616

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 398
I think that's the critical part - using the correct Tri-Cree with two lens so it's just as damn bright as we normally expect. I'm with you on a thinner walled blade (I have my opinion who makes the best for that purpose). Sounds like Prizm v4 is nice, plus it's so compact in size that it will fit in any chassis/hilt. I'm not necessarily after (theoretically) an infinite spectrum of color changing, as long as there are several mix to play with for the sake of it, that's good enough for me without compromising brightness. Thanks!

I noticed that Force Push effect too on videos. Something different too.

The Spark Color 2 is a very good board, I guess. I'm just trying to understand the Prizm a little more. (I'm using a regular Spark 2 on an install and I like the channels that let you split the LED if there is already a color mix, like in a Mint Green).
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Execute66.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• SUB-ZERO SALE January 18-... (4 Posts)
    • I too was looking to hold off on a staff but might just pull the trigger with this current deal. I...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (561 Posts)
    • I'm not really sure where everyone is from but I live in Oregon and I can tell you the last 2 months...
    • making a staff (3 Posts)
    • That out of the way, the sale going on nets you a free coupler if you buy two sabers - you just need...
    • making a staff (3 Posts)
    • I believe that's the case: 2 sabers and a coupler. If you want a saber with sound make sure to grab...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4452
  • Latest Member: JoshuaeCes
  • Total Posts: 51.4k
  • Total Topics: 3999
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 12
  • Today Answer: 39
  • Yesterday Answer: 50