Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Canon Colors

Canon Colors 1 year 6 months ago #13901

• HotelFourSix
  • Thank you received: 4
If you aren't caught up on the movies or shows, there are mild spoilers ahead!

In the Expanded Universe, blade colours were available in the entire spectrum, but since those stories aren't considered canon anymore, due to the splitting of the movie/TV series and EU continuities into official "Canon" and "Legends", I was wondering what the canon colours for lightsaber blades have become.

The colours of blades were originally intended to be blue for good guys and red for bad guys, and that was it.

Luke's lightsaber was changed to green in Return of the Jedi so fight scenes against a desert sky would be visible to audiences.

For Attack of the Clones, purple became a blade colour because Samuel L. Jackson insisted on it when Lucas said Jedi lightsabers were only blue or green.

In Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Ahsoka Tano's lightsaber shoto is a yellowish-green colour, likely to differentiate it from her primary lightsaber, while the Jedi Temple Guards had yellow blades for their lightsaber pikes.

Pre Vizsla also wielded the black-bladed Darksaber.

Finally, in Star Wars: Rebels, Ahsoka Tano's lightsaber blades are now white. According to a producer, the white blades represent her allegiance to neither Jedi, nor the Sith.

So, in Star Wars canon, we have blue, red, green, purple, yellow-green, yellow, black, and white as colours for saber blades. Does anyone know if there are instances of any more colours? I've only seen the films and the TV series, so I don't know if any of the novels or comics cover any more of the variety of colours that the EU features.
"I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions."
The topic has been locked.

Canon Colors 1 year 6 months ago #13904

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 934
I have not read every piece of Star Wars literature, but the only things I can recall were shade variations on the colors you listed.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Canon Colors 1 year 6 months ago #13908

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
In "ye olde canon" there was a rainbow of shades in the comics and novels. In the NuCanon there are only the instances you've noted.

Canon Colors 1 year 6 months ago #14145

• Skywalker1422
In the Heir to the Jedi novel which is considered canon, Luke gets a lightsaber with an amethyst crystal. Technically it would be a dark purple, much darker than Mace Windu's which according to wookiepedia is violet. However with that being said, they may just not wanted to have been as non descriptive as saying purple lol and called it amethyst instead, but I believe they would have called it purple or violet if they meant for it to be the same color!

Canon Colors 1 year 6 months ago #14146

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 19
HotelFourSix wrote:
If you aren't caught up on the movies or shows, there are mild spoilers ahead!

In the Expanded Universe, blade colours were available in the entire spectrum, but since those stories aren't considered canon anymore, due to the splitting of the movie/TV series and EU continuities into official "Canon" and "Legends", I was wondering what the canon colours for lightsaber blades have become.

The colours of blades were originally intended to be blue for good guys and red for bad guys, and that was it.

Luke's lightsaber was changed to green in Return of the Jedi so fight scenes against a desert sky would be visible to audiences.

For Attack of the Clones, purple became a blade colour because Samuel L. Jackson insisted on it when Lucas said Jedi lightsabers were only blue or green.

In Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Ahsoka Tano's lightsaber shoto is a yellowish-green colour, likely to differentiate it from her primary lightsaber, while the Jedi Temple Guards had yellow blades for their lightsaber pikes.

Pre Vizsla also wielded the black-bladed Darksaber.

Finally, in Star Wars: Rebels, Ahsoka Tano's lightsaber blades are now white. According to a producer, the white blades represent her allegiance to neither Jedi, nor the Sith.

So, in Star Wars canon, we have blue, red, green, purple, yellow-green, yellow, black, and white as colours for saber blades. Does anyone know if there are instances of any more colours? I've only seen the films and the TV series, so I don't know if any of the novels or comics cover any more of the variety of colours that the EU features.

alow me to correct your words
we have white,cyan,blue,green,lime green,yellow,red,purple and white represent life man i believe in rebels it represent their alliance with the rebellion
sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Jedikind.

Canon Colors 1 year 6 months ago #14148

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 19
sorry but i dont accept black as a saber colour in my headset yet
sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen

Canon Colors 1 year 6 months ago #14157

• HotelFourSix
  • Thank you received: 4
Jedikindzero wrote:
alow me to correct your words
we have white,cyan,blue,green,lime green,yellow,red,purple and white represent life man i believe in rebels it represent their alliance with the rebellion

What's the difference between cyan and blue in the context of the films? Original vs Prequel Trilogy's shades of blue for Skywalker and Kenobi?
"I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions."

Canon Colors 1 year 6 months ago #14159

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
Original vs Prequel Trilogy's shades of blue for Skywalker and Kenobi?
Yah. The shades of blue change several times in the animated Clone Wars and those are a deeper blue than the main films which also have different shades of blue. I saw comparison pics about this ages ago but didn't save them.
In the Heir to the Jedi novel which is considered canon, Luke gets a lightsaber with an amethyst crystal. Technically it would be a dark purple, much darker than Mace Windu's which according to wookiepedia is violet. However with that being said, they may just not wanted to have been as non descriptive as saying purple lol and called it amethyst instead, but I believe they would have called it purple or violet if they meant for it to be the same color!
Wuuuuuuuut? I haven't read the new novels because I've heard.... mixed... things about them.

Canon Colors 1 year 6 months ago #14322

• Skywalker1422
The novels don't reveal any awesome previously unknown information or anything, but I've read all of them and they are at least worth reading if you are a Star Wars fan. They provide some insight into the characters and at the very least are a fun read in my opinion. I'm very much looking forward to the upcoming Dark Disciple novel.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• We have the name! What d... (12 Posts)
    • Finally someone else triggered by the title in red ! I'm pretty sure they didn't woke up like "hey...
    • Need advice on a red. (10 Posts)
    • Deep Red + Red Day Blade by SF is it.
    • New Member Introduction T... (2299 Posts)
    • Hello everyone, I'm Dan and I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I have been wanting to build a custom...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4469
  • Latest Member: ObiWan Kenobi
  • Total Posts: 51.5k
  • Total Topics: 4022
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 113
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 21
  • Yesterday Answer: 44