Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Questions on Staves, couplers, Templars, and axes

Questions on Staves, couplers, Templars, and axes 8 months 2 weeks ago #70675

• Artoriusaurus Rex
Hey everyone! Nice to meet you all.

I wanted to pop in and ask a couple of questions before I placed an order. I'm purchasing three hilts. One Templar to stand alone, and two Sentinels to be used as a staff.

My first and most important question is this: Do I need male or female threads on the coupler for a twin Sentinel staff?

My second question is this: I stumbled upon the axe blades and was surprised! I instantly wanted to throw one into the order. After all, I'm getting a Templar. But there may be complications.

I do note that the picture of the axe head is *not* a Templar. Are the axe blades compatible with the Templar?

Also, how does that extension work? It looks like a pair of spear extensions, but they're placed between the switch and the emitter. How does that work with the electronics, and can it be swapped in and out at will?

Or, if not, perhaps I could put the extenders on the bottom of the saber instead to preserve the electronics? Would that work?

Finally, I wanted to ask whether clear or frosted blades were preferable. Are the clear blades very noticeably dimmer?

Thank you all for your time, in advance! I appreciate it.
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Artoriusaurus Rex.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Questions on Staves, couplers, Templars, and axes 8 months 2 weeks ago #70706

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 666
Curiously, the staff couplers aren't in the coupler section - they're buried in General Accessories. You'll want one of the staff couplers because they're vented for sound. In a pinch, though, a standard male/male coupler could be used in a stunt setup that has no sound.

You won't be able to separate the body from the switch on a pre-built Templar, so any staff extension will have to go at the end, between the body and pommel.

Unsure on Templar/Axe-blade compatibility. I mean, they should fit, sure, just not sure if they'll butt up against the LED module. Should be long enough to secure with the set screw either way.

I'd wager the Frosted just has the surface sanded, so if you're up in the air on what to order, you could grab a Clear blade and scuff the surface if the lighting's not as full as you'd like. I imagine the frosted isn't so much "brighter" as it is "fuller", simiar to sanding down a standard blade to get edge-to-edge lighting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artoriusaurus Rex

Questions on Staves, couplers, Templars, and axes 8 months 2 weeks ago #70707

• Artoriusaurus Rex
Perfect! Thank you very much. Didn't realize I was looking in the wrong place for staff couplers!

I appreciate the help.

Questions on Staves, couplers, Templars, and axes 8 months 2 weeks ago #70741

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 74
I'm not sure if this is what you are thinking or not
but with two axe heads and one of the shorter side blades in your main emitter slot you would have a pretty bad ass light trident. I would love to see pictures if you do this.
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by SadiraOrphesu.

Questions on Staves, couplers, Templars, and axes 8 months 1 week ago #71007

• RotundChap
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
SadiraOrphesu wrote:
I'm not sure if this is what you are thinking or not
but with two axe heads and one of the shorter side blades in your main emitter slot you would have a pretty bad ass light trident. I would love to see pictures if you do this.

^^^I've had this exact same thought before! LOL i'd love to see it in action too!!!

As for the main question: i've seen pics where the axe heads are in the side emitters and a standard blade in the main emitter, so yes, the axe blades are compatible with the Templar hilt.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Maul - Lockdown (4 Posts)
    • I enjoyed Plagueis. A cool look at his life and what all he did for the sith. I'm working on reading...
    • Legacy Grand Master Staff... (24 Posts)
    • Quote: .... This mini-USB port now serves as both recharge port, and computer access to the features of...
    • FS: Saber Forge Oracle Wa... (1 Posts)
    • Offering my first Mystery Box saber. VI Oracle with black leather wrap. Green LED. I ordered it as...
    • First Saberforge Saber (14 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: I know what you mean :D I'm on day 6 of my wait for my mystery box and the suspense is killing me...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5684
  • Latest Member: AnnaDurova
  • Total Posts: 59.5k
  • Total Topics: 4926
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 7
  • Yesterday Answer: 35