Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New saber, immediate charging issues

New saber, immediate charging issues 2 months 2 weeks ago #71012

• Simon
My first saber just arrived today, a Champion tier Sentinel, so built-in charging. First question - do they usually arrive with some charge to them? Because mine worked for about 30 seconds, then cut out.

So next logical step, plug it in and charge... except my charger doesn't seem to be responding as expected. First few minutes it was orange/red, then turned green. That would indicate the saber is fully charged (obviously tested and the saber wouldn't turn on). So I left it connected to the charged for about 3 hours - charger solid green again, but saber still had zero power and wouldn't turn on.

However, now when I plug the charger into the wall it blinks green for a few minutes. Then turns solid green. I'm not even getting an orange/red light anymore. I've also tried 3 different power outlets in different rooms, same results. I'm going to leave it connected overnight, but I'm doubtful it'll yield anything different. I've tried searching the forum and no-one else has had this issue, as far as I can tell.

Any ideas? Would the likely culprit be the charger or the hilt?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New saber, immediate charging issues 2 months 2 weeks ago #71015

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1545
Simon wrote:
Any ideas? Would the likely culprit be the charger or the hilt?
Could be the Charger or could be the Recharge Port. Send an email to SF Customer Service describing the symptoms as you have here and they'll be able to advise course of action or assist further with your troubleshoot. :)

New saber, immediate charging issues 2 months 2 weeks ago #71021

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 195
I'd go with bad recharge port. Get a video of the problem too, customer service will likely ask for one.

New saber, immediate charging issues 2 months 1 week ago #71483

• Kareem
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey Simon

I am experiencing similar issues. My saber turned out right out of the packaging... then died and has not turned on again... even though the charging light has changed from orange to green

has your started working at all after a few days? Did SF have any ideas?

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Release Giveaway! (7 Posts)
    • Quote: pretty good deal, but be sure to view details first. The Xiphos isnt listed or offered as an...
    • pretty good deal, but be sure to view details first. The Xiphos isnt listed or offered as an...
    • Buy a Hero or Champion + some extras (day blades, spear extension, etc), get an empty free... that's...
    • I don't have a Xyphos. Now might be my opportunity! It looks a little peculiar but it's free. :P

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4757
  • Latest Member: jsw98
  • Total Posts: 54k
  • Total Topics: 4356
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 9
  • Yesterday Answer: 13