Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 12W+ LED's?!?!

12W+ LED's?!?! 1 year 1 week ago #14023

• tech_droid
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
So I see a new update on the ASP Kickstarter page about 12W+ LED's, so the question is... Will the new LED setup first show up on ASP orders or will they make it's way to Etsy and SF orders first?

~ TD
The topic has been locked.

12W+ LED's?!?! 1 year 1 week ago #14024

• tech_droid
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Nevermind... Looks like it's ASP then SF/Etsy per Shameem.

"The new 12w+ LED will also be replacing the current 12w LEDs on the saberforge website and etsy shop later this summer once the ASP system is officially released to the general public."

~ TD

12W+ LED's?!?! 1 year 1 week ago #14025

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 731
The goodnes will be universal very soon. I think that is the postive take-away. B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

12W+ LED's?!?! 1 year 1 week ago #14026

• EvilGeth
  • Thank you received: 3
My order is currently "confirmed" at the 4week mark from the SF website, what do you think the chances are that it'll take long enough that I have a chance to get the 12W+ LEDs instead of the standard 12W? lol

12W+ LED's?!?! 1 year 1 week ago #14031

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
My order is currently "confirmed" at the 4week mark from the SF website, what do you think the chances are that it'll take long enough that I have a chance to get the 12W+ LEDs instead of the standard 12W? lol

Very very low. I doubt they have plans on implementing new LEDs on current orders until current stock runs out, and current stock/orders are generally/typically enough to cover all current orders and be a bit ahead of schedule. So, ASP releases later this summer/fall, I very highly doubt any orders (even if submitted today) will be outfitted with the new LEDs. Few weeks from now... perhaps. Better chance of it then.

12W+ LED's?!?! 1 year 1 week ago #14032

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 336
Very very low. I doubt they have plans on implementing new LEDs on current orders until current stock runs out, and current stock/orders are generally/typically enough to cover all current orders and be a bit ahead of schedule. So, ASP releases later this summer/fall, I very highly doubt any orders (even if submitted today) will be outfitted with the new LEDs. Few weeks from now... perhaps. Better chance of it then.
I asked if my Bane could be delayed until the release of the 12w+ and it was intimated that it would be awhile (at least a month, maybe two) and only certain colors will be available. How long/what colors wasn't made clear and I didn't want to pester them too much (and delay my Bane further) so I didn't ask for clarification.

12W+ LED's?!?! 1 year 1 week ago #14037

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 731
Fortunately, the saber I am waiting for likely won't be out until later in the summer. That would be the Regal. So, my chances are likely pretty good!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

12W+ LED's?!?! 1 year 1 week ago #14044

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Yeah, when I had that conversation with them they said they have a lot of learning to do for the colors, learning how to resistor the new led's properly and the like, hence the time frame and limited availability of colors to start out with this early lol

12W+ LED's?!?! 1 year 1 week ago #14057

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
I asked Phil for more details since I have to answer these kinds of questions via email. Here's what I got from him:

The 12w+ is in the prototype phase and is currently only available in the different blues, standard green, red, blood orange, white, pink, and purple.

If you want to upgrade your pending order to the new 12w+ in one of the available colors, the cost is $20.00 to add one of those colors now, this includes quick connect installation. There is an extra cost to upgrade now because their quantity of 12w+ LEDs are limited. You also have the option of having saberforge hold your order until the new 12w+ LEDs are officially released in all colors, this will be in approximately 10 weeks, and if you choose this route there is no upgrade cost since they will have received their large quantity order by then at a lower cost.

Hope this helps everyone.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

The following user(s) said Thank You: h2soy

12W+ LED's?!?! 1 year 1 week ago #14059

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 336
No amber until later? That seems odd as I understand that amber is a "base" color.

12W+ LED's?!?! 1 year 1 week ago #14060

• Sarkath
DarthMario95 wrote:
I asked Phil for more details since I have to answer these kinds of questions via email. Here's what I got from him:

The 12w+ is in the prototype phase and is currently only available in the different blues, standard green, red, blood orange, white, pink, and purple.

If you want to upgrade your pending order to the new 12w+ in one of the available colors, the cost is $20.00 to add one of those colors now, this includes quick connect installation. There is an extra cost to upgrade now because their quantity of 12w+ LEDs are limited. You also have the option of having saberforge hold your order until the new 12w+ LEDs are officially released in all colors, this will be in approximately 10 weeks, and if you choose this route there is no upgrade cost since they will have received their large quantity order by then at a lower cost.

So if I already paid for the quick connects, would it only be $10 more dollars? Or I may just wait and get the new CREEs later. Mine is being built this week. :D

12W+ LED's?!?! 1 year 1 week ago #14064

• Greywolfe
So how does this apply to the Kickstarter pledges?
Does the "currently only available in the different blues, standard green, red, blood orange, white, pink, and purple" apply to the Kickstarter as well or are all colors available for the kickstarter pledges? Will our order with the kickstarter be delayed if we want the new LED's or just current saberforge website orders?

Thanks
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Greywolfe.

12W+ LED's?!?! 1 year 1 week ago #14065

• Darth Servius
  • Thank you received: 7
Sarkath wrote:
DarthMario95 wrote:

So if I already paid for the quick connects, would it only be $10 more dollars? Or I may just wait and get the new CREEs later. Mine is being built this week. :D

I'm actually wondering about this myself as I ordered my saber on Memorial Day and I was already considering requesting the original color I ordered (arctic blue) be changed to light blue.

12W+ LED's?!?! 1 year 1 week ago #14069

• Knytiri
  • Banned
$20 additional. So, if you got quick connects... still $20 additional, it doesn't subtract from the fee.
So how does this apply to the Kickstarter pledges?
Does the "currently only available in the different blues, standard green, red, blood orange, white, pink, and purple" apply to the Kickstarter as well or are all colors available for the kickstarter pledges? Will our order with the kickstarter be delayed if we want the new LED's or just current saberforge website orders?

The new LEDs will launch with the ASP system, as it says in the kickstarter updates. All ASP sabers will have the 12W+ LEDs.

12W+ LED's?!?! 1 year 1 week ago #14073

• Greywolfe
In all colors?

12W+ LED's?!?! 1 year 1 week ago #14075

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Yes... it will launch, meaning full availability, be available for regular purchase, etc.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Apprentice saber- warrior... (12 Posts)
    • Well that would explain it, I didn't know he was a former Saberforge employee, thank you, and yes at...
    • Weight & equilibrium ... (4 Posts)
    • Quote: I´m interessted in a SF-Saber (Arbiter/Bastion/Sentinel or Dissident) mostly for saber-spinning....
    • The problem is each hilt would need those stats for 4x install configs (warrior-battery,...
    • Have you tried checking the review forums for each of those saber models? Some folks that do...
    • Apprentice saber- warrior... (12 Posts)
    • This is Morgan Garret, a former SaberForge empoloyee. This option used to be offered but most likely...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4363
  • Latest Member: JKC
  • Total Posts: 43.1k
  • Total Topics: 3144
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 8
  • Yesterday Open: 10
  • Today Answer: 45
  • Yesterday Answer: 114