Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: How do i use a hero tier saber?

How do i use a hero tier saber? 1 week 3 days ago #71727

• HotShot36
So I ordered a hero tier ka'tano, just it was just delivered, the thing is I have a few problems, I have no idea how to use it, I figured out how to change the font and rotate through the color and that's all I could figure out

I can't figure out how to install custom sound fonts correctly, I kinda got it but it only plays one swing sound, one clash sound, etc.... it would be greatly appreciated to receive help on how to do things correctly

basically, I need some assistance on how to do customization with my saber

-thanks in advance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do i use a hero tier saber? 1 week 3 days ago #71728

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 941
Here is a pointer to the manual for the Spark Color 2 sound board. Probably more information than you need for just operating it, but you should be able to dig out the information you are looking for.

Spark Color 2 Manual
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

How do i use a hero tier saber? 1 week 2 days ago #71749

• h5o
  • Thank you received: 11
Yeah, The Spark Color 2 Manual has great info about the soundboard. I found that it helped get me familiar with its features. So even with all this technical stuff, I wanted to find others who kinda go through the process of adding and changing fonts in the sd card. I needed to know what I got myself into.

Here's 3 videos I used to help me grasp my Hero Tiers

Editor & folder do's for custom fonts

Folder & further insight on custom fonts

Using the Axis features to change both basic settings + advanced customizations
The Force existed long before the Jedi and Sith united under the light and dark.
It will be here long after these empires crumble...
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by h5o.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hugomontoya

How do i use a hero tier saber? 1 week 2 days ago #71761

• HotShot36
thanks guys

How do i use a hero tier saber? 6 days 16 hours ago #71838

• HotShot36
how do I know what my led setup is?

How do i use a hero tier saber? 6 days 12 hours ago #71844

• h5o
  • Thank you received: 11
I had the same questions. Using various sources from here, those videos, and my hero tier sabers, here is my answer:

Hero Tier RGBA is RGBA on editor. However, two colors are mixed up on the editor and Amber doesnt show. You set the colors in fhe editor as RGBA as thats how the saber is made.

You can max the led and minimize the other colors setting for each to verify how the saber and editor interacts.

This is how to use it unless the editor updated within the last year.
The Force existed long before the Jedi and Sith united under the light and dark.
It will be here long after these empires crumble...

How do i use a hero tier saber? 5 days 22 hours ago #71876

• hugomontoya
  • Thank you received: 8
Very good information! Thank you for sharing. I had just gotten my repaired hero saber back but i forgot what LEDs settings to put. (RGBA). Now that i had it, just ran into another snag when using the the config editor software.
I am able to save the 1st two colors on the saber but cannot seem to save 3rd,4th etc. They all display the 1st color.
I attached a screen shot of the 3rd colorset (yellow) which i attempted but failed to display on the saber. i tried different variations but i just cant get passed this. I must be totally doing this wrong.
Can anyone explain how the "Color set" and Color set Start" works on the config editor?

How do i use a hero tier saber? 5 days 18 hours ago #71894

• KelbornX
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Color Set is pretty self explanatory... it's a set of colors. I believe that 9 is the max on Spark Color 2.

Color Set Start tells the Font that you're editing which Color Set to start at. So let's say Color Set 1 is Purple, Color Set 2 is Yellow, and Color Set 3 is Mint Green. You can then assign whatever fonts to start at Yellow or Mint Green, rather than all starting at Purple and you having to cycle through once you switch to the font. For example, I have Arctic Blue set for my TFA Graflex and ROTS Graflex fonts, Blue set for ROTS Obi Wan, and Green set for Count Dooku.

You may need to go to Options > Color Settings and change the default values of the dies. I have a 6w Blue / 6w Green LED, so I need to change it from the default every time I go into it if I want the Spark-ulator to accurately preview colors. I don't know how the RGBA LEDs are wired, but it appears the default settings are C1=Blue, C2=Green, C3=Red with no C4 set. So you'd need to figure out which dies are on which connections on the board and change the Color Settings to adjust. For me, I need to swap C3 to Green and can put none for C2. I could be totally wrong on that though... since I don't have an RGBA saber.

As to why it's not saving, I have no idea. It should save the colors whenever you go to File > Save. You could try going into the Colr1, 2, 3, 4 etc folders and editing numeric values in the colorset.ini files manually to reflect what you're previewing in the editor.
Consular Warrior - Amber
Vanquish Warrior - Red
Gladiator Hero - Arctic Blue
ASP "Dark Crusader"
Last Edit: 5 days 18 hours ago by KelbornX.

How do i use a hero tier saber? 3 days 5 hours ago #72016

• hugomontoya
  • Thank you received: 8
Thanks Kelborn.
I ran into the same issue where i had to change the defaults every time i loaded up the Editor program. ZFor RGBA sabers, the LEDs are wired in that order and thats what i configured and FINALLY got it to work. My confusion was the Color Set Start for each font i loaded was defaulted to 1 which was my first color choice. By changing the value of the Color Set Start for each font i was able to successfully get my color choices in :)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4530
  • Latest Member: EatPrayNub
  • Total Posts: 52k
  • Total Topics: 4075
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 113
  • Today Open: 3