Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sharp Edges

Sharp Edges 9 months 4 weeks ago #72398

• gregkash
Just got a Bane,

In the area where the emitter, i guess shroud, forgive me, I don't know all the terms, comes down to flank the power and ignition switch, the silver part of it is very sharp and that makes it uncomfortable to hold in my hand.

Especially where it's kinda folded down, but all those edges are pretty sharp.

Is there any issue with taking some sandpaper to it to try to round off those edges at all?
Last Edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: inserted imaged
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sharp Edges 9 months 4 weeks ago #72420

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
Shouldnt be any issue. SF hilts often have sharp edges. Use 400 grit or higher for an even and smooth edge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Snakeeyz99

Sharp Edges 9 months 4 weeks ago #72421

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
gregkash wrote:
Especially where it's kinda folded down, but all those edges are pretty sharp.

Is there any issue with taking some sandpaper to it to try to round off those edges at all?

It's kind of ironic that it's sharp at the beveled corners, since it's likely SF beveled them to remove the two sharp points at that part of the switch.

There's no issue using some sandpaper (especially fine grit, as Jas-Ot recommends) to round off the edges on the silver parts; I did that with my standard Fury and it didn't affect the appearance a great deal. Where it gets trickier is with black or weathered portions, since sanding it down will strip off the anodization (color) of those components. So you'll want to be especially careful you don't touch the black finish below the silver or that light weathering on its surface when sanding down the corners/edges.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Force Katana (4 Posts)
    • That tsuba is looking really nice ! What a significant difference. Thanks for the share... it's...
    • Saber Core 3.0 getting ... (16 Posts)
    • All settings on this screen are font specific. So, if you zero it for font 1, and save, it should...
    • I'm pretty sure 0 is per font, haven't ever set to 0 myself so don't know if 0 turns off vibration...
    • Quote: volume can be set to 0 but it will affect the whole font Just the one font or all 3? Volume zero...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6139
  • Latest Member: cheaps
  • Total Posts: 62.4k
  • Total Topics: 5227
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 16