Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Recharge port removal

Recharge port removal 9 months 1 week ago #72464

• Zhesto_Kost
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi, so I recently ordered and assembled an apprentice tier hilt with PNP electronics. I got everything hooked up through the hilt and super glued the buttons in. As I was preparing to insert the soundboard I noticed that the speaker was blown. No big deal. Contacted customer service, filled out an RMA, and am sending the soundboard out. I was able to remove my LED and switch unit, but the damn charge port will not budge. I have been using acetone on a q-tip and rubbing it around the port to try to loosen the glue and push up from the inside with a long scredriver, but it is not wanting to move. Does anybody have any suggestions? I'm kinda desperate here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Recharge port removal 9 months 1 week ago #72466

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 380
The one trick I've seen passed around is using a hair dryer to heat up and melt the glue to the point where you can pop the RCP out. I haven't done it myself, but it should work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zhesto_Kost

Recharge port removal 9 months 1 week ago #72467

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
Hair dryer will help, but you'll still need to pray that sucker off. It's not easy, I've been there. For future help, if you use some heat shrink that wrapped around the threads, that's usually a tight enough for to fit it in the hole and keep it in there, but also allows for easier removal in the future.

When you build, try and think about ways to help make life easier for the inevitable repair job down the road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zhesto_Kost

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Kylo Ren - NeoPixel Cross... (28 Posts)
    • Was asked for some low-light ignition demos after psoting the ComicCon vid, so here's a sample of...
    • Tell Us What You Got! (224 Posts)
    • Going through all these pics as got me reaching for my wallet! I'm ordering one next paycheck, its...
    • What your saber says abou... (11 Posts)
    • OK, I'm in. Shai, your hilt design at first made me think Sith, but with your choice of blade color,...
    • What your saber says abou... (11 Posts)
    • Because I very much enjoy this game, I am going to go ahead and judge all of the sabers in this...
    • Tell Us What You Got! (224 Posts)
    • Quote: Just got my shipping notification! Hopefully yours wont be far off too. It took about 2 weeks to get...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5999
  • Latest Member: WTRR
  • Total Posts: 61.7k
  • Total Topics: 5142
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 20