Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: PNP Hero Soundkit color change help

PNP Hero Soundkit color change help 9 months 3 weeks ago #72988

• nadlern14
To make a long story short, I bought a PNP Hero Soundkit for use with my own custom made hilt. I don't know if you buy a complete saber if it comes with in-depth instructions but mine didn't. So basically I somehow managed to set the default blue to purple and can't figure out how to reset it to the default. I watched a video tutorial that I believe was made by the guy who created the soundkits but it was still quite confusing as I'm a noob. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PNP Hero Soundkit color change help 9 months 3 weeks ago #72990

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 420
The default files, config editor, and manual can be found here on the NEC website.
I strongly recommend thoroughly reading the manual. It details how to use the Config Editor as well as how to replace the default files if needed.

Did you change the color via the in-hilt color swapping (the wrist flick thing)? If so then you should be able to just cycle back to it. While the saber is on it "remembers" which color the font was last used with, and until you power it off and put the kill key in it will start that font with whatever the last color used was. So if Font 1 is Blue and you change it to Green, then you switch to Font 2 (whatever color) and go back to Font 1, Font 1 will still be using Green. The kill key will "reset" it back to whichever color the settings on the SD card say it should start with. So in that example, if you were to power off, put in the kill key, then pull it out and fire up the saber again Font 1 will again start at Blue.

If you changed the color with the Config Editor on your PC, then one of two things happened:
1) You changed the values of the color profile from blue (255,0,0,0) to purple (255,0,255,0), or
2) You simply changed the color profile that the font starts at.
So if Colr1 was Blue, then you either changed Colr1 to be Purple, or you set Font1 to start at, for example, Colr2 instead of Colr1.

Below is an example with my rBrB/GG Hero saber (or 6w Deep Blue / 6w Green)*. The profile shown is setup for a light mint green with a more sea green flash/deflect color (sectioned in green boxes). This is Font4 on my saber and Colr2 profile; as you can see I've told the Font to start with this color (sectioned in the yellow box) rather than having to cycle to it every time I go to that font.

*because of how my LED is wired, the color sliders on mine are set to Royal Blue - None - Green - None, whereas your RGBA/W saber should be Royal Blue - Green - Red - Amber/White. Using the below settings with an RGB LED would actually make a pink instead of minty green.

(sorry for fuzzy quality, the forum seems to downsample images quite drastically)

Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by KelbornX.

PNP Hero Soundkit color change help 9 months 3 weeks ago #72991

• nadlern14
Thanks for the reply. So I changed it via the in-hilt methods but I honestly don't know what I did. I was listening to the instructions in the saber configurations menus and tried to follow them along with the video I mentioned. I have put the kill key back in and taken it out several times and blue is still purple. Even when I go to spark color editor and go through the 9 color options via in-hilt method, 1 is purple along with the normal one that is supposed to be purple (I believe it's 5)

PNP Hero Soundkit color change help 9 months 3 weeks ago #73003

• nadlern14
Thanks for your help. I'm so confused. I just laid my saber on its side while it was on and (not in config mode) it changed from purple to green and then to arctic blue and then red. I'll definitely read the manual lol.

PNP Hero Soundkit color change help 9 months 3 weeks ago #73004

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 420
ROFL hit the Delete button instead of Edit... here it is again:

Ok I know what you did. You used the In-Hilt Color Editor.

Pg 30 of the manual details how to use it.

But basically:
  1. Hold the Aux button, then pull the kill key
  2. Listen to the instruction from Naigon
  3. Press the Main button to enter the editor
  4. You will be on Color Set 1 so then you can just press the Main button to edit that set; blade will turn on so you can visually adjust the color
  5. Press the Aux button to increase the Blue die strength by 10 until it is maxed (it may already be)
  6. Point the saber down and twist to cycle to the Green die, then the Red die
  7. Hold the Aux button to switch to decreasing mode
  8. Press the Aux button repeatedly to turn the Red down by 10 until it is all the way off
  9. Hold the Aux button and activate the clash sensor to switch to editing the Flash on Clash and Blaster Deflect colors as needed, the same way you did it above
  10. Hold the Main button to turn off the blade and save the settings
  11. Put the kill key back in and you should be good to go

My Hero saber is only Blue and Green channels and I've only used that menu to edit the Blue die for my mint green profile, so I may have missed a step or two for an RGBA LED. Pointing the saber down and holding the Aux button during the editing will return to the main menu where you can hold Aux and hear all of Naigon's instruction if you wish.

nadlern14 wrote:
Thanks for your help. I'm so confused. I just laid my saber on its side while it was on and (not in config mode) it changed from purple to green and then to arctic blue and then red. I'll definitely read the manual lol.

It seems like that was just cycling through the colors. The twist to change color is pretty sensitive. You can be swinging it around and randomly change colors. In the Spark Color Config Editor on the PC I ticked off the "Require Aux button when twisting" for every font. A little tricky to do without just triggering the blaster sounds, but better than having a automatic rainbow saber. :silly:
Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by KelbornX.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Sabercore 3.0 Swing Issue... (10 Posts)
    • OK, so the charge is good. According to my source, if you reduce the motion, and spin to zero,...
    • Yep! Full charge! Yeah I can do an outside video for you guys. Want me to lower the motion...
    • Couple of things. 1. Battery has a good charge on it, yes? 2. I know you were working indoors...
    • Double Reveal MPP Coming ... (112 Posts)
    • Is it still possible to buy one afterwards? Right now funds are low because of Christmas, but a the...
    • Yep! Put them both on 0 and the problem still persists. Edit: I even tried deleting all the spin...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6245
  • Latest Member: ieushelly302826
  • Total Posts: 62.7k
  • Total Topics: 5270
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 38
  • Yesterday Answer: 27