Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Budgeting tips?

Budgeting tips? 9 months 2 weeks ago #73350

• buzz_oates
  • Thank you received: 15
I currently only have around $110 and my birthday is coming up in October.
My ASP Saber that I've been making a big deal about is what I have planned for my birthday present. Both of my parents, my grandmother and possibly me, will chime in to pay for the $380 - $420 saber (depending on if theres a sale or not). Comic con is coming up in the end of May and I'm afraid I'll spend too much money or spend most of my money on a basic black Jedi costume for my Sith cosplay for 2018 Comic con.
Should I save up and buy the ASP saber entirely myself or should I keep my original plan?
If you suggest the first option, what are some easy ways I can get money? (I'm too young to get a job, at least I think so in my state of the U.S.)
Follow me on Twitch!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Budgeting tips? 9 months 2 weeks ago #73352

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 420
For starters, this link may help you a bit on a job hunt, at least on the legal points. My high school jobs were Boy Scout camp in the summers, then I started at a restaurant when I was 16.

I would try and save as much you can, if you can. It's always more satisfying to buy something with your own money. Just ask the $700 Frostmourne replica I bought in 2010 with busboy tips. And if you can't save the whole amount, at least you know your family is going to be helping you. That's what I still do when upgrading my gaming PC... being an only child / grandchild means you still get flak at 26 when buying everything with your own money and not putting stuff "on your Birthday list". :silly:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: buzz_oates
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Tonight's Christmas Viewi... (6 Posts)
    • I enjoyed it, or most of it. I missed the last 15 minutes. Try and see that later. It was awesome...
    • Sabercore 3.0 Swing Issue... (10 Posts)
    • OK, so the charge is good. According to my source, if you reduce the motion, and spin to zero,...
    • Yep! Full charge! Yeah I can do an outside video for you guys. Want me to lower the motion...
    • Couple of things. 1. Battery has a good charge on it, yes? 2. I know you were working indoors...
    • Double Reveal MPP Coming ... (112 Posts)
    • Is it still possible to buy one afterwards? Right now funds are low because of Christmas, but a the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6245
  • Latest Member: ieushelly302826
  • Total Posts: 62.7k
  • Total Topics: 5270
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 39
  • Yesterday Answer: 27