Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Thin Neck Thread Tightening?

Thin Neck Thread Tightening? 9 months 1 week ago #73575

• Francis x
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Guys,

Recently bought a PS crystal reveal and the thin neck thread at the grenade section seems rather loose and can wiggle when the blade is in.

Does anyone have any tips to tighten it without permanently attaching it.

Thanks in advance,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thin Neck Thread Tightening? 9 months 1 week ago #73577

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 971
Hi Francis X,

There are a few threads on the forum addressing the problem with loose sections and threadings (a quick search using the Search Tab on the menu bar above may help find you answers - use the search it is our friend!). I don't know if any other members have tried this but you might be able to use PTFE tape (also known as Plumber's Tape for sealing water pipe threads. It is like a silicon tape you wind round the threaded part of the pipe. After a few layers have been wrapped you then screw the nut, pipe or in this case the grenade section on. The tape is non-permanent and should any stick out above the joint, it can be carefully trimmed.

Later if or when you need to access the internals the parts can still be unscrewed and the tape removed without leaving a residue (in case you want to sell the parts, ect). Then to reassemble just repeat the process and wrap a few layers of tape. This should stop any wobbles.

Hope this is of help, and there are videos on YouTube showing the correct way to apply the tape (Here is one I found)

kind regards,

For Tyeth

Thin Neck Thread Tightening? 9 months 1 week ago #73578

• Francis x
Cheers mate, I did try searching but I've been having trouble with the function.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Thin Neck Thread Tightening? 9 months 1 week ago #73579

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 971
Hi Francis X,

You're welcome, and I'm sure other members will chime in and offer other solutions (things such as Thread Locking gels and super glues/epoxy resins etc.) This was the least permanent way I could think of.

For Tyeth

Thin Neck Thread Tightening? 9 months 1 week ago #73580

• Francis x
Not sure why I never thought of plumbers tape! Had some under the sink and it worked like a charm!

Thanks again.

Thin Neck Thread Tightening? 9 months 1 week ago #73648

• Salacious B Crumb
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 43
I would use loc-tite blue 242 (available at any hardware store), put a couple drops on the male threads, screw it in and it will hold tight. If you ever need to remove that piece, just heat it up a little with a hair dryer for a minute or so and the glue will soften right up.

DO NOT use Loc-Tite Red 271, or you won't be able to remove it without significant difficulty.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Double Reveal MPP Coming ... (112 Posts)
    • Is it still possible to buy one afterwards? Right now funds are low because of Christmas, but a the...
    • Sabercore 3.0 Swing Issue... (7 Posts)
    • Yep! Put them both on 0 and the problem still persists. Edit: I even tried deleting all the spin...
    • So, you said in your video that you adjusted the motion sensitivity. Did you adjust your spin...
    • Thank you very much, Brax. I'm hoping I don't have to send this saber off again... I'm praying its...
    • I don't think it is a design flaw, but I will see what I can find out about it.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6244
  • Latest Member: Hulnickoluslo
  • Total Posts: 62.7k
  • Total Topics: 5270
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 35
  • Yesterday Answer: 27