Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: TCSS thumb screw and Jade Pommel question.

TCSS thumb screw and Jade Pommel question. 9 months 17 hours ago #73925

• buzz_oates
  • Thank you received: 15
I'm sure many people here have purchased parts from TCSS and I would like to know if the "8-32 x .3" thumb screw would to replace the blade retention screw area on the Vengeance emitter (specifically this one http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/8-32-x-3-red-thumb-screw-P547.aspx)

Also does the Jade Pommel vent sound well? I like how its low profile and its not a giant vent like the other pommels but I want to know if it serves as a good dueling hilt pommel rather than just a shelf piece.
Follow me on Twitch!
Last Edit: 9 months 17 hours ago by buzz_oates. Reason: i dont know how to add links whoops lol
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TCSS thumb screw and Jade Pommel question. 9 months 17 hours ago #73927

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 420
I think that thumb screw might be too big. The head is 1/2" across. I can tell you more once I get the Vengeance in that Jas-Ot is working on for me; I have several of the TCSS thumb screws on hand.

I can't say for sure since I don't have one, but it looks like the Jade pommel would vent sound just fine. You'd just need to have something in place to act as an "echo chamber" (snap ring / c-clip to hold it in place, or a piece of blade stock as a spacer). If the speaker is pressed right up against it, it won't sound as good. Putting a Graflex pommel onto a coupler for my ASP caused the PnP kit to just fall against it; there was a lot of buzzing from the bass speaker hitting the pommel.

TCSS thumb screw and Jade Pommel question. 8 months 4 weeks ago #73961

• buzz_oates
  • Thank you received: 15
Does anyone know what kind of O ring I need to buy to space the Jade Pommel and the speaker of the champion sound kit?
Follow me on Twitch!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Sabercore 3.0 Swing Issue... (3 Posts)
    • I legitimately hope it's an issue and not just the way the board is... because if so... that is a...
    • I get the same thing where basically a new sound "overwrites" another. This is particularly...
    • Has anyone experienced this weird swing issue in the sabercore 3.0 where the board registers and...
    • Adept - The little red th... (6 Posts)
    • Since no one mentioned it yet, the red toggle is how he activates the saber on the show. The push...
    • Adept - The little red th... (6 Posts)
    • [attachment]

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6244
  • Latest Member: Hulnickoluslo
  • Total Posts: 62.7k
  • Total Topics: 5270
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 30