Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Custom powder coating ( looking for examples )

Custom powder coating ( looking for examples ) 1 month 2 weeks ago #75387

• Joejinis
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello fellow jedis !
I am considering buying a black lotus saber.
I thought to select the full black option but then I saw the "custom powder coating option" and I was attracted by the "Transparent gold" and the "translucent violet" options !!
These two are great, but after some searches I can't find any examples of that !!

I would love to see any standard saber near a custom powder coated one, any color could help but gold and violet are my priorities. The added colors could be beautiful but also ugly, it really depends and I don't want to select something costy that I could regret :'(

Thank you !
Joe

Ps: I searched the forum, mister google and even emailed saberforge, no probing results :(
Pps: English isn't my first language I hope I am understandable ^^
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Custom powder coating ( looking for examples ) 1 month 2 weeks ago #75392

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 822
Hello Joejinis,

Your English is perfectly understandable so don't worry.

I too have had a look online using a few search engines and there doesn't seem to be many pictures of powder coated hilts from Saberforge. You might want to check out Facebook if you haven't already, Saberforge has a few pages there and may have some images.

The problem is that there are so many options it would be way too expensive to produce a set of images for all the colours available on all the parts. That is probably why SF published the sample pictures to give a rough idea of how they look on their main website.

Good choice in the Black Lotus, nice hilt and good luck in finding the pictures you want. If I find any of use I'll let you know.

kind regards,

For Tyeth
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by For Tyeth.

Custom powder coating ( looking for examples ) 1 month 2 weeks ago #75396

• Joejinis
Any color would be usefull for the example =/

Custom powder coating ( looking for examples ) 1 month 2 weeks ago #75402

• wamphyri13
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
Brax has a Black Chrome coated Ares. Use the search box and enter black chrome as your search words. It looks really good. A future saber of mine will be black chrome and trans brass.
No matter where you go, there you are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Custom powder coating ( looking for examples ) 1 month 2 weeks ago #75404

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 822
Hi Joejinis, wamphyri13

As I promised I had another look for powder coated hilts without much luck. But there is a one I found on one of SF's Facebook pages. The link is here:

SF Facebook picture

And as wamphyri13 stated using the Search Function is a good idea to search this forum.

I searched for "Customs" posted by Brax and this list came up, just scroll down it and you'll find a few. Here is the link to the results:

Customs on this forum

Hope this helps and good call wamphyri13 thank you!

For Tyeth
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by For Tyeth.

Custom powder coating ( looking for examples ) 1 month 2 weeks ago #75408

• SaintLucifer
  • Thank you received: 6
I have had a translucent brass finish from SF. I wish I could share a pic, but the saber is in Idaho with my installer, I'm in Kansas and won't be home to California for a few more days. :P

But what I can share, and will provide pics of as soon as I can, is that the "grain" of the metal will show through on translucent PC. This was important to know for me as I wanted the finish to appear like brass or gold. On another saber, I've sent it in for polishing and then translucent brass PC, but that too is with the metal shop until I return home.

The result on the SF PC without polishing is fine, if the look you're after is of a machined brass or gold. Until I have both sabers, I can't compare the two finishes, polished PC vs machined PC.

There is a thread within the last two months where a guy did a gold/black finish on his hilt. Digging that up might show you what you're looking for. I think it was in the customs section, I'll link it if I can find it.

Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax

Custom powder coating ( looking for examples ) 1 month 2 weeks ago #75409

• SaintLucifer
  • Thank you received: 6
https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/saberforge-customs/13256-shared-by-sf-customs-sabersmith-tom

I could be wrong, and I didn't re-read this before linking, but the gold used in the hilts in that thread appear to use the standard gold, not translucent/transparent.

I'll definitely share my pics when I can. I have some, but I don't think it's close up enough to demonstrate detail.

Custom powder coating ( looking for examples ) 1 month 2 weeks ago #75428

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 523
Trans Brass

Custom powder coating ( looking for examples ) 1 month 2 weeks ago #75432

• Joejinis
Thanks for all the answers ! :D

@Ottomatix : These sabers aren't the same model, are they?
I dont have any saber so can you tell me what the bottom one is? So I can search the website for the original model :)

@SaintLucifer: I would like a pic yes ! We will order before the end of the promo with a friend of mine ^^
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Joejinis.

Custom powder coating ( looking for examples ) 1 month 2 weeks ago #75444

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 523
Joejinis, the bottom saber is the Archon. The powder coated section is normally black. I had this done 11/15 before all the new finish options became available. Services rendered at the Custom shop. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joejinis

Custom powder coating ( looking for examples ) 1 month 2 weeks ago #75463

• Joejinis
The Archon ok, thank you I can compare then !

Quite interesting =) It seems that it applies on the "plastic" parts ok !

Edit: I send a mail the 8th and still no answer :/
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Joejinis.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saberforge DIY parts (2 Posts)
    • Here is another pic, just because the fake switch box wasnt showing, lol...[image]
    • Saberforge DIY parts (2 Posts)
    • Hello guys, it's been a while since I last used this forum, I hope you're all doing well. Me and a...
    • yellow FoC with tri-cree/... (5 Posts)
    • Thanks for the tips, everyone. I ordered both a pR/pR/Lime and a pR/pR/W (warm white, 2700K). I'll...
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi Takamatsu, You are famous as far as I'm concerned! And it was a pleasure to meet you....
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (742 Posts)
    • Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: Annotationsmll
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4694
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 15