Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Question about setting up new saber

Question about setting up new saber 1 month 2 weeks ago #75426

• DarthZannah
  • Thank you received: 2
So, I'm brand new to this, and this is my first saber. I just got a tracking number a few days ago and the expected delivery date is Friday. My question is does this saber come with setup instructions and if not where can I get help setting it up. My saber purchase is a Crystal Exhalted Hero. The first thing I want to do to it are set up the twist sensitivity. I don't want it changing colors while waving it around.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Question about setting up new saber 1 month 2 weeks ago #75429

• Vechaljian
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 129
Can start by reading this, mhttp://www.saberigniter.com/downloads/Spark%20Color%20SC2-R2.pdf. most of what your looking for is at the end, usually the card has the editor on it, or you can get it here http://www.saberigniter.com/sparkcolor2.aspx

Question about setting up new saber 1 month 2 weeks ago #75430

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 218
Ooooohhh crystal saber! Congrats!

Here's a link to the Spark Color 2 page over on the NEC website. There you can find the manual, a set of default files, and the Spark Color Config Editor PC program. I strongly advise giving the manual a read before doing anything with your SD card (or even the in-hilt color/motion editor).

Three main rules to follow when making any edits on the PC:
  • Backup the SD card to your PC first (if it's not already)
  • Edit from a copy of the backup
  • Format the SD card before copying any files over

While you can't entirely disable the "color change on twist" feature, you can have it require the Aux button to be pressed at the same time as the motion via a checkbox in the Config Editor. It's a per-font setting, rather than a master setting, so you'll need to do it for all of the fonts on the saber.
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• yellow FoC with tri-cree/... (5 Posts)
    • Thanks for the tips, everyone. I ordered both a pR/pR/Lime and a pR/pR/W (warm white, 2700K). I'll...
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi Takamatsu, You are famous as far as I'm concerned! And it was a pleasure to meet you....
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (742 Posts)
    • Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...
    • Bossk - Warning - LOTS OF... (33 Posts)
    • Following on from my meeting with For Tyeth at a recent Comic Con I thought I'd post a quick update....
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi For Tyeth, it was great meeting you in person and seeing your Bossk inspired lightsaber in the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: Annotationsmll
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 15