Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Shipping to Germany/beginner setup

Shipping to Germany/beginner setup 1 month 3 days ago #75778

• Breezee
Hey :)
This is my first post on this forum and i recently got really excited about the lightsabers from your store and especially that you can build your very own one.
So I got two questions:
- first if there are any problems shipping to germany as customs in this country are kind of strict

-second if you have some reccomendations for a beginner (e.g. what i should consider), and a setup thats not the most expensive but is good for what it costs

Beware of mistakes! I did not have the best teachers here ;)

Greetings from Germany :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Shipping to Germany/beginner setup 1 month 3 days ago #75790

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 218
You will have to pay import taxes on it, yes. No idea what they would be for your country, but I have seen cases where they would come close to the cost of the saber itself. :(

A Warrior or Champion tier saber shouldn't be hit too hard by taxes. Another option would be to order the empty hilt (Initiate tier) or the Adaptive Saber Parts pieces, and have someone in your country install the electronics for you. I believe that there are a few installers in Germany.

I think there's a few Germans lurking around here somewhere that may be able to assist your further.

And don't worry about your English, it's better than my French probably ever was!
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais

Shipping to Germany/beginner setup 1 month 2 days ago #75810

• Breezee
I dont mind paying taxes for it, I just wondered if the fullfill the EU security standards
So that there are no problems getting i through custom no matter how much it costs

Another question: is it hard to build in the electronics into an empty hilt? I have some experience with electronics but i can not estimate how much efford it is and if it is difficult

Thanks for the fast reply btw :)

Shipping to Germany/beginner setup 1 month 2 days ago #75816

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 218
As long as you have experience soldering electronics, it shouldn't be too difficult. There's plenty of tutorial videos on YouTube, or even ones where you can watch someone do a full install. One of our resident installers could give you some better details.
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais

Shipping to Germany/beginner setup 1 month 1 day ago #75849

• Three Elves
I've only had one order shipped to Germany, but there have been no problems with customs.
I didn't even have to drive to the customs office, due all necessary papers being filled out orderly and attached on the outside of the shipment i could pay the taxes when the parcel was delivered at my door.

I didn't order a complete saber though, just a hilt, a 12w LED and some switches, most other parts like the soundboard, the lithium-ion-pack and so forth were ordered in Europe, to save on taxes.

The installation was rather easy, even for someone like me, with no experience soldering electronics.
The small soldering joints on the soundboard were a bit of a hassle at first, but i guess with some experience they should be no problem.

I don't know if it's ok to post links to tutorial videos here, but if you need some that helped me just feel free to ask and i'll send a PM.

Shipping to Germany/beginner setup 4 weeks 2 days ago #75888

• Nolaan
  • The Fencer
  • Thank you received: 18
There's no problem with the shipping but what happens at the customs office is always a mystery. Sometimes it goes smooth, sometimes they will keep the saber for a week or two trying to figure out what that is, despite all the documentation. I wouldn't be worried, just patient.

As to the taxes, in Poland they add 23% vat and probably some small electronics fee.
It's never too late to go back.

Shipping to Germany/beginner setup 1 week 1 day ago #76282

• paeniteo
  • Thank you received: 4
You might want to check out my thread from half a year ago:
https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/open-topics/12561-germany-customs-import-duties

In the meantime, I got another saber and on this time, the parcel was delivered to my home and I got a separate bill from Fedex, having me pay the tax (and some fees to Fedex).
It really seems to depend on the specific customs office / officer's mood on a given day.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• yellow FoC with tri-cree/... (5 Posts)
    • Thanks for the tips, everyone. I ordered both a pR/pR/Lime and a pR/pR/W (warm white, 2700K). I'll...
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi Takamatsu, You are famous as far as I'm concerned! And it was a pleasure to meet you....
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (742 Posts)
    • Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...
    • Bossk - Warning - LOTS OF... (33 Posts)
    • Following on from my meeting with For Tyeth at a recent Comic Con I thought I'd post a quick update....
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi For Tyeth, it was great meeting you in person and seeing your Bossk inspired lightsaber in the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5270
  • Latest Member: Annotationsmll
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 15