Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Help me decide!

Help me decide! 2 months 2 days ago #76611

• ajsrise0
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello all!

I am planning on purchasing the exhalted saber, but I need your help on deciding:

Standard, weathering, or black
I haven't seen pictures of the black option, but the real competition is between the weathered or standard

And

Color. I've been set on having indigo on the saber I would decide on buying. Does indigo go well with the exhalted standard/weathering?

Also, does the exhalted come with a blade plug?

Thanks guys!
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by Brax. Reason: Moved to subject appropriate section
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help me decide! 2 months 2 days ago #76612

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1248
I think the saber looks great in both finishes. I have one that has an all black grenade section, and the rest is standard. But, the weathered looks great too!

As for Indigo, it is a very nice shade of purple. My son has a Bane in that color, and I have an Ares. The Bane is weathered, and the Ares is Black Chrome, and Indigo compliments them both.

As for a blade plug...no, it does not come with one. None of Saber Forge's thin-neck models do. Folks have fashioned their own by cutting a standard blade plug down to about half an inch, so there is hope, if you really want one.

Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by Brax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ajsrise0

Help me decide! 2 months 2 days ago #76613

• ajsrise0
Brax wrote:
I think the saber looks great in both finishes. I have one that has an all black grenade section, and the rest is standard. But, the weathered looks great too!

As for Indigo, it is a very nice shade of purple. My son has a Bane in that color, and I have an Ares. The Bane is weathered, and the Ares is Black Chrome, and Indigo compliments them both.

As for a blade plug...no, it does not come with one. None of Saber Forge's thin-neck models do. Folks have fashioned their own by cutting a standard blade plug down to about half an inch, so there is hope, if you really want one.

Thanks for your reply!

Speaking of the bane, how is your opinion on it? How is the curved blade compared to a straight blade when it comes to spinning and dueling? Is it true that curved hilts are more fencing like combat?

Bane was a very close contender to the exhalted and even now I find myself going back and forth on which I should get haha.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by ajsrise0.

Help me decide! 2 months 2 days ago #76615

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 311
In my opinion, if you want a "weathered" saber (one that looks old and worn)... get the Black finish, then go at it with sandpaper and steel wool. I do not like the Weathered finish that SF does on a lathe... it's too even for my tastes (and often too heavy still). You can take the Black finish down to whatever level of weathering that you want.

Pictures don't really do Indigo justice, as the camera just picks it up as "blue core with purple glow". Indigo is bad ass and goes well with any saber.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by KelbornX.

Help me decide! 2 months 2 days ago #76617

• ajsrise0
KelbornX wrote:
In my opinion, if you want a "weathered" saber (one that looks old and worn)... get the Black finish, then go at it with sandpaper and steel wool. I do not like the Weathered finish that SF does on a lathe... it's too even for my tastes (and often too heavy still). You can take the Black finish down to whatever level of weathering that you want.

Pictures don't really do Indigo justice, as the camera just picks it up as "blue core with purple glow". Indigo is bad ass and goes well with any saber.

That actually sounds like a cool idea! Do you have any links to pictures or videos of this (personally weathering a black saber, not necessarily the exhalted, but if you can get pics of this being done to the exhalted, if it exists, I will be grateful).

Also, is the black version of the exhalted just the standard version painted black? Is the brass part of the standard still brass, but just painted black? are there any pictures of the black exhalted hilt?
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by ajsrise0.

Help me decide! 2 months 2 days ago #76625

• Gen Croix Man
  • Premium Member
  • Your focus determines your reality
  • Thank you received: 37
Hi,

I personally like the standard finish for the exhalted. And in indigo I think it will look great. The key factor here will be that you go with what you like, go to www.saberparts.com and make a similar saber and play with the finishes.

By the way Exhalted Saber is not Adaptive Saber Parts Compatible. But you will at least get an idea of what it will look like.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"Do you hear that? That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way."

Help me decide! 2 months 2 days ago #76627

• ajsrise0
Gen Croix Man wrote:
Hi,

I personally like the standard finish for the exhalted. And in indigo I think it will look great. The key factor here will be that you go with what you like, go to www.saberparts.com and make a similar saber and play with the finishes.

By the way Exhalted Saber is not Adaptive Saber Parts Compatible. But you will at least get an idea of what it will look like.

Awesome! Thanks for these pics bud! At least I now have a general idea of how the black finish looks!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Alien build - Rogue O... (6 Posts)
    • Mindblowing build, Takamatsu! You never fail to impress! Two Tubes was one of the stand out designs...
    • Thomas Snyder Update on t... (67 Posts)
    • Quote: There may be plans by SF to later develop a suitable killkey for the new micro usb port.. ... [attachment] .. or...
    • Thomas Snyder Update on t... (67 Posts)
    • Q. Kill Keys with 3.0 A. That is a typo the 3.0 board does not use a kill key it has a deep sleep...
    • Question about My rewards... (6 Posts)
    • IIRC, it was the referrals part of the system that was being abused. If that could simply be turned...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5626
  • Latest Member: DonnaiUplind
  • Total Posts: 58.9k
  • Total Topics: 4887
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 132
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 31
  • Yesterday Answer: 80