Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: New Bane, First saber... couple of questions.

New Bane, First saber... couple of questions. 8 months 1 week ago #77825

• WinterIsHere
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey guys, as you can see I'm completely new here. I ordered a Bane off Ebay and I really don't know much about sabers at all. My issue is that the hilt has the Spark 2 (not the Spark Color 2) in it and in order to cycle through the three fonts it requires a turning gesture that I'm sure many of you are familiar with. Since the Bane is curved, this is extremely difficult to accomplish because the Spark 2 is in the pommel portion of the hilt which must remain completely level, and takes several tries. I'm not sure if I have to rotate the hilt in a full 360 turn or 180, sometimes one works and sometimes the other does, it seems. When I do activate the correct gesture, I get the sound with the title of the current font and then I have to hurry and turn the saber again to get it to switch fonts. As I said it usually requires 15 tries or so and it's very frustrating, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, something is defective or if there is a method that I can't decipher. Does anyone else have this issue with the Spark 2 in this configuration? I tried to find something on the forum or some YouTube vids with this saber set up in the same configuration to no avail.

Also, when I remove the pommel all I see is the speaker. How do I get to the SD card and sound board? And once it's removed I assume I can just buy a SD card reader and insert it into my computer in order to alter the features? I also have no idea how to alter the info on the SD card, lol. Again I apologize for the ignorance of my questions and I'm sure some of my answers could be found elsewhere but I thought I'd ask here since I haven't been able to find info anywhere else. Any insight that anyone could shed on these issues would surely help me a lot, I absolutely love the saber (with the exceptions I've listed) and look forward to learning and diving deeper into this hobby and community.

Sorry for the long winded post.
"Existence is.. well.. what does it matter? I exist on the best terms I can. The past is now part of my future. The present is well out of hand." - IC...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rapine

New Bane, First saber... couple of questions. 8 months 1 week ago #77872

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1913
WinterIsHere wrote:
My issue is that the hilt has the Spark 2 (not the Spark Color 2) in it and in order to cycle through the three fonts it requires a turning gesture that I'm sure many of you are familiar with. Since the Bane is curved, this is extremely difficult to accomplish because the Spark 2 is in the pommel portion of the hilt which must remain completely level, and takes several tries. I'm not sure if I have to rotate the hilt in a full 360 turn or 180, sometimes one works and sometimes the other does, it seems.
Am a bit fuzzy on a Spark 2 however user function should be similar to Igniter and Spark Color2.
Specific to a curved hilt and rotating the axis to enable, see if the following assists..

taken from here
Also, when I remove the pommel all I see is the speaker. How do I get to the SD card and sound board?
Depends greatly how the setup has been installed from who you bought it from. Speaker may or may not have a speaker holder, however an inverted sauce bottle shake should loosen the speaker to expose visibility of the board and accessing the sd card may require some tweezers or needlenose pliers.
And once it's removed I assume I can just buy a SD card reader and insert it into my computer in order to alter the features?
Mostly. You'll need to download the Config Editor from saberigniter.com.
I also have no idea how to alter the info on the SD card

+ NEC Other helpful Video's
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rapine, WinterIsHere

New Bane, First saber... couple of questions. 8 months 1 week ago #77873

• Rapine
  • Premium Member
  • Almost spring...oh wait...
  • Thank you received: 82
Hey there Winter,

You shouldn't feel shy or embarrassed at all. You've posed a very valid question, that many new buyers pose, and done your part as far as research. That's evident - you ended up here. :lol:

OvrcAHst has provided an excellent response, but feel free to ask for more info, if you require it. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WinterIsHere

New Bane, First saber... couple of questions. 8 months 1 week ago #77895

• WinterIsHere
  • Thank you received: 3
OvrcAHst, thank you very much for the detailed reply and useful information. I've discovered a technique to rotate the hilt that makes it a bit easier, it requires a very steady hand but with practice I've gotten it down pretty well. Still a very clunky and awkward process. Especially since the gesture has to be achieved twice in quick succession in order for the font to change, unlike the saber in the video you linked me. Which I find very odd.

I'll tackle the sound card eventually when I have a little more free time. I've had another issue come up with the Saber in which it turns itself off and reboots, but only on one of the three installed sound fonts, and it only does this when the flash on clash activates. I'm at a complete loss with this issue. I find it extremely odd that it's only happening with the one font.

I'll play around with this stuff for a few days and see what happens. Thanks again for the info and Rapine, thank you for the kind reply. It's messages and kindness like that which make new members/saber owners like me feel welcome, comfortable and like part of the community.
"Existence is.. well.. what does it matter? I exist on the best terms I can. The past is now part of my future. The present is well out of hand." - IC...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rapine

New Bane, First saber... couple of questions. 8 months 1 week ago #77923

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1913
WinterIsHere wrote:
I've discovered a technique to rotate the hilt that makes it a bit easier, it requires a very steady hand but with practice I've gotten it down pretty well. Still a very clunky and awkward process. Especially since the gesture has to be achieved twice in quick succession in order for the font to change
You're looking for the boards installed orientation to be horizontal to enable the function. With the design aesthetic of Bane, you'll want to have the emitter pointing downwards with the lower part of the grip body becoming the horizontal axis.

Can you elaborate on the setup you have by inserting/attaching pictures? ie. to identify if it's a single switch setup or a dual switch setup..
unlike the saber in the video you linked me. Which I find very odd.
Admittedly, the former referenced video is running a Spark Color2 using a dual switch setup. Whilst user interface and actions are similar, Spark 2 in yours will have some variation.

If in fact your Bane is a single activation switch setup, the following video from YT may provide better assistance specific to the font cycling selection and not so much on the colour cycling (again depending on what LED setup it's running). You will need to alter the resting orientation with Bane because of the curve as compared to the video's subject hilt of Exhalted.

I'll tackle the sound card eventually when I have a little more free time.
Further from previous reply, if the speaker (either with or without holder) isn't loose from the inverted shake, there may be a circlip securing it (just like it's referenced in the above video).
I've had another issue come up with the Saber in which it turns itself off and reboots, but only on one of the three installed sound fonts, and it only does this when the flash on clash activates. I'm at a complete loss with this issue. I find it extremely odd that it's only happening with the one font.
It may just be a missing file or a corrupted sequence to that specific font that causes the symptom of switch off & reboot. Once you start with the config editor, the 'auto save' function will correct itself (unless the font files to that bad bank weren't correct or suitable to begin with).
I'll play around with this stuff for a few days and see what happens. Thanks again for the info
:)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Sidious Sabers on Faceboo... (1 Posts)
    • Sidious Sabers started a Facebook page where reviews of Saberforge hilts will be shown via Youtube....
    • Assembling a staff (3 Posts)
    • You might need timing shims and O-rings to help align the two sabers nicely to form a staff. Timing...
    • Bastion Lead Times (4 Posts)
    • My experience with lead times is: it varies. The last several months since late last year has been a...
    • Bastion Lead Times (4 Posts)
    • Were not all preorders supposed to restock as of May 4th as per Phil????

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6834
  • Latest Member: reliken
  • Total Posts: 69.1k
  • Total Topics: 5819
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 18