Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color?

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 4 days ago #78174

• ajsrise0
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello all!

I ordered a warrior exhalted in indigo a while back, and today it finally arrived! I charged it up, and powered it on, and it does not look anything like the indigo in the pictures or videos ( I do know that the camera changes the color a bit, but it looks like a drastic change)

What do you guys think?

Edit: I did send an email to support, waiting for a reply.

Edit 2: Here is the pattern of the LED on the wall. The gap on the right in between the pinks is the same color of blue as the outer blue ring

Also, despite it being a picture, the color is fairly accurate to how it looks irl
Last Edit: 8 months 3 days ago by ajsrise0.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 4 days ago #78177

• BryanW
  • Thank you received: 15
I have trouble with seeing LED colors from a camera or video so its hard to tell if its right or not from a picture. For example, I made a custom whitish with slight blue/lavender tint with the RGBA but it looks very purple on a camera.

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 4 days ago #78178

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 538
Hmm, it doesn't look blue enough for Indigo to me. Since you charged the battery already we can rule that out. If it's not a Purple LED in there by mistake, there could be something wrong with the Indigo LED.

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 4 days ago #78180

• jml5308
  • Thank you received: 20
Take the blade out and shine it against the wall. Indigo should be 3 deep blues and a red. If there are 3 deep blue circles and 1 red circle clustered on the wall, then it's indigo. If it's 2 and 2, then it's purple. And actually the blues and reds should be pretty easy to tell the difference just by looking at the unlit LEDs directly. The unlit blue LEDs look white-ish and the reds look...well red-ish.

It's not too terribly difficult to tell the difference between deep blue and regular blue either when lit. So check to see if they put regular blues in there instead of deep blues.

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 4 days ago #78181

• ajsrise0
jml5308 wrote:
Take the blade out and shine it against the wall. Indigo should be 3 deep blues and a red. If there are 3 deep blue circles and 1 red circle clustered on the wall, then it's indigo. If it's 2 and 2, then it's purple. And actually the blues and reds should be pretty easy to tell the difference just by looking at the unlit LEDs directly. The unlit blue LEDs look white-ish and the reds look...well red-ish.

It's not too terribly difficult to tell the difference between deep blue and regular blue either when lit. So check to see if they put regular blues in there instead of deep blues.

I did what you asked, and (I don't know if it's deep or not) it's 3 reds and 2 blues (Edited: Not one blue), which isn't one of the 2 options that you listed.
Also it's not really circles, is a swirl pattern with 3 red layers and 2 blue
Last Edit: 8 months 4 days ago by ajsrise0.

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 4 days ago #78182

• jml5308
Wow. Well at this point it's irrelevant which blue it is. It is definitely the wrong color. I'm surprised your picture looks as purple as it does with 3 reds and a blue (as opposed to pink or magenta). 3 reds and a blue isn't even a typical combo they use on any standard LED mix (I don't think), so kinda strange how that one got in there.

I'm sure they'll have you ship it back (on them) and they'll put the right LED in there for you. They may want a picture of it, which you could just take one of the lights on the wall or of the LED itself.

And yeah, circles I guess wasn't the best of terms, but you get the idea.
Last Edit: 8 months 4 days ago by jml5308.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ajsrise0

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 4 days ago #78183

• ajsrise0
jml5308 wrote:
Wow. Well at this point it's irrelevant which blue it is. It is definitely the wrong color. I'm surprised your picture looks as purple as it does with 3 reds and a blue (as opposed to pink or magenta). 3 reds and a blue isn't even a typical combo they use on any standard LED mix (I don't think), so kinda strange how that one got in there.

I'm sure they'll have you ship it back (on them) and they'll put the right LED in there for you. They may want a picture of it, which you could just take one of the lights on the wall or of the LED itself.

And yeah, circles I guess wasn't the best of terms, but you get the idea.

I made a mistake when replying, I meant to type 3 reds and 2 blues, in a swirl pattern (red, blue, red, blue, red)

I also sent a picture with my email to the support team (who was great with me on other emails), with a picture of the saber lit, but not with the saber lights on the wall.

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 4 days ago #78185

• jml5308
Yeah I forget with the quad-crees those LEDs are really close to each other, so a little hard to make out individual LEDs. But with indigo, it should mostly be a blue blob I would think. If there's a lot of red in there, it's likely to be purple than indigo.

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 4 days ago #78190

• ajsrise0
jml5308 wrote:
Yeah I forget with the quad-crees those LEDs are really close to each other, so a little hard to make out individual LEDs. But with indigo, it should mostly be a blue blob I would think. If there's a lot of red in there, it's likely to be purple than indigo.

I think it's purple too. I hope I can send it back and get it changed... Maybe I'll go with a safer light blue lol. Back to waiting I guess!

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 4 days ago #78191

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 131
This is mine in purple 12w. Am waiting on an indigo QD and am not expecting it to look like this or yours.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Isola815

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 4 days ago #78192

• ajsrise0
Dauntless 7 wrote:
This is mine in purple 12w. Am waiting on an indigo QD and am not expecting it to look like this or yours.

Yep. I think I got purple by mistake. Hopefully I can send it back and get the Indigo color.

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 4 days ago #78193

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
Let us know how it goes. I love purple but not as much if I ordered a purplish-deep blue indigo LED color. :(
Last Edit: 8 months 4 days ago by Dauntless 7.

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 4 days ago #78194

• ajsrise0
I will update you guys (and maybe do a review) if I am able to send it back for the indigo LED

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 3 days ago #78241

• jml5308
As I mentioned in my PM, here are a couple of pictures of my RGBA Ares so show you what I mean by looking at the LED module to see each individual LED:

Just the LED module (the green and the blue appear white, but not too hard to see the amber and red ones):

With the top of the heatsink unscrewed (watch out for the little focusing module which just loosely sits on top of the LEDs when unscrewing the heatsink)

And here it is shining against the wall. I'm pretty close to the wall, otherwise they just mash together (that is a deep/royal blue LED for reference, which is what yours should have).

Last Edit: 8 months 3 days ago by jml5308.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ajsrise0

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 3 days ago #78242

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
Okay... just had another look at Execute66 's video of Champion Talon with Indigo at night. Yours could be that same color which appears on the purple side. I'm pretty sure that the LED color that Phil's wife came up with... the indigo had a more bluish hue on her saber. Perhaps it's the luck of the draw.

If mine is more deeper purplish that will be fine as it's for another saber and that is my fav blade color. Hope that if it is indeed a version of indigo... that you eventually will really like it. Make sure that your battery is topped up. :)
Last Edit: 8 months 3 days ago by Dauntless 7.

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 3 days ago #78243

• ajsrise0
Thanks for the pictures, jml5308!

And idk if its random shades of indigo or not, but my LED doesn't look anything like the indigos posted on this forum.

Also, I thought that my indigo would look more like tech_droid's acolyte, since he took professional pictures and said that the color of the picture is accurate to the color irl

tech_droid's indigo acolyte post
Last Edit: 8 months 3 days ago by ajsrise0.

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 3 days ago #78244

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 538
Yeah, ^ THAT is very accurate. I'm even more convinced that you got Purple by mistake. Indigo is just a shade away from Royal Blue. "Plum" or "Grape" could be used to describe the color as well. I never got good pics of my Indigo before the module broke (twice), but with most cameras you should be seeing a royal blue glow with a purple/pink core.

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 3 days ago #78245

• jml5308
KelbornX wrote:
but with most cameras you should be seeing a royal blue glow with a purple/pink core.

Like this one. This is my Xiphos that I installed with a tri-cree rB/rB/R, and the red is turned down by close to half to 2/3, so that the ratio is close to the 3:1 that Saberforge uses in their indigo mix. You can easily see the pink/purple glow close to the core, and then surrounding it is the royal blue glow. The second picture shows more of the royal blue glow on the wall. In person, the glow isn't as royal blue as it is in the picture, but it's definitely not pink or pink-ish purple (it's pretty close to the royal blue in the picture though).

Last Edit: 8 months 3 days ago by jml5308.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KelbornX, ajsrise0

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 3 days ago #78268

• ajsrise0
Yeah, I think there has definitely been a mistake with the colors. Hopefully I will get the email back with the ok to send the exhalted back for a LED swap

Finally arrived!... But in the wrong color? 8 months 3 days ago #78272

• ajsrise0
UPDATE: Just received an email. They agreed to take it back and replace the LED. Not surprised though, as their support has always been amazing with me. Thank you everybody for your help and replies!
When I get the exhalted back, I'll try to make a review here if people want.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Assembling a staff (3 Posts)
    • You might need timing shims and O-rings to help align the two sabers nicely to form a staff. Timing...
    • Bastion Lead Times (4 Posts)
    • My experience with lead times is: it varies. The last several months since late last year has been a...
    • Were not all preorders supposed to restock as of May 4th as per Phil????
    • I would suggest avoiding any pre-order items. Every single time I have placed a pre-order, it has...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6834
  • Latest Member: reliken
  • Total Posts: 69.1k
  • Total Topics: 5818
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 18