Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: EBay theft: please keep an eye out on FB for me.

EBay theft: please keep an eye out on FB for me. 5 days 11 hours ago #78988

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 139

I'm super ticked.

I sold a saber through eBay, that Archon that many of you saw here on the forum. Anyway, its shipped and delivered in 4 days, lightning fast by anyone's standards and then the buyer tells me he received an empty box. Naturally it wasn't empty when I handed it to my mailman so I told him that I didn't appreciate the attempt to steal from me and that he should enjoy the saber and otherwise go pound sand.

Fast forward 1week, eBay gives him his money back now with a saber gone and the payment gone, I'm out something in the neighborhood of a thousand dollars, and apparently all he had to do was fill out a form with eBay and boom! Free stuff. Makes me wonder why I have to pay for anything.

Anyway, just needed to rant. In my head this post has a lot of 4 letter words.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
Last Edit: 5 days 8 hours ago by Darth Squidious.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax

EBay theft 5 days 10 hours ago #78991

• Burns3558
  • Elite Member
  • The force is strong in my family...
  • Thank you received: 57
That sucks man. Similar thing happened to me - sold a brand new saber. The scumbag buyer sent me back a used broken saber and told eBay I sent it like that. Buyer got a full refund. I got a broken worthless saber. Ebay has zero seller protection.

EBay theft 5 days 10 hours ago #78994

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
I'm learning that, started the appeal process and spoke with PayPal, who incidentally doesn't seem to have much in the way of seller protection either.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

EBay theft 5 days 10 hours ago #78998

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 570
That sux! Sorry to read. What eBay rating did the buyer have?
"I am the Senate"

EBay theft 5 days 9 hours ago #79000

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
Great really, after the fact I realized that I was shipping to someone with a different name than the account but same address. Hope he likes his free stuff.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

EBay theft 5 days 8 hours ago #79002

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1643
Commenting that the situation blows serves little comfort. Saddening to read about it mate.
Don't 'spose you insured the package when it was outbound sent did you?

EBay theft 5 days 8 hours ago #79004

• wamphyri13
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 44
Check with the post office. You might be able to get him on mail fraud. Mail fraud = FELONY!
Ryan
No matter where you go, there you are.

EBay theft: please keep an eye out on FB for me. 5 days 6 hours ago #79009

• Isola815
  • Thank you received: 6
Have you got a receipt for the postage with the date, weight, and a tracking number? That would do wonders in an appeal with PayPal.

I always take photos of any parcel I send, pre-packed, half packed, packed, on a scale, the receipt and the tracking number and keep them until it has arrived safely.

EBay theft: please keep an eye out on FB for me. 5 days 4 hours ago #79014

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 88
Ah man, that really sucks to hear :(
Can't understand why people do this; you clearly see how much effort, time, energy and work you put into that gorgeous saber and then somebody just screws you over. Even worse that Ebay then doesn't even take the effort to double check everything but instead just refunds him the money.

Always shitty when there's people in a hobby/community that ruin the experience for others - reminds me a bit of whichever people abused the rewards system here at SF, making it so that the rest of us now can't enjoy it anymore.
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

EBay theft: please keep an eye out on FB for me. 5 days 2 hours ago #79018

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 163
The postal service should be able to investigate this. Have you inquired about opening up a claim with them? I would think they'd be able to find out if the package was empty or not when it was delivered.

That really sucks man. Hope someone can you help you with this.

EBay theft: please keep an eye out on FB for me. 5 days 1 hour ago #79020

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 309
Ugh. I'll keep an eye out for sure.

It could also have been a postal worker that stole it, and he did indeed receive an empty box. The post office should be able to track if/where it could have been opened and taken out, since the weight would be wrong at scans after that.

Isola has some good ideas; I've done all of that but the scale photo since I don't have one.

IIRC, PayPal has Seller Protection when you send someone an Invoice. Sending money through Goods & Services gives the buyer PayPal's Buyer Protection, which I believe is what eBay piggy-backs off of.

Hopefully they process the appeal in your favor.
Last Edit: 5 days 1 hour ago by KelbornX.

EBay theft: please keep an eye out on FB for me. 5 days 1 hour ago #79021

• scifidude79
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 105
Wow, dude. I'd be livid. You worked hard on that saber and put a lot of money into it. For someone to do something like this...

Now, I can understand why Ebay and PayPal have buyer protection. Obviously, they want people to feel confident buying stuff online. I'm an Ebay shopper myself, in fact I'm currently highest bidder on an auction. We need some kind of reassurance because we're buying from unknown sellers and not a company like SaberForge. We can't be sure we're going to get what we pay for, as there are many unscrupulous people out there. I'm always relieved when my stuff arrives intact and as described. However, because there are so many unscrupulous people, there has to be seller protection as well. It's hard to say what happened. As you say, it could be the buyer trying to pull a fast one, or as others have said, maybe a postal worker got sticky fingers. I don't trust everyone employed in the USPS, even though I'm sure they run thorough drug and background checks. Some people just haven't been caught. So, there has to be some protection in place for you. I hope your appeal comes out in your favor. We all know you're a stand up guy.
Last Edit: 5 days 1 hour ago by scifidude79.

EBay theft: please keep an eye out on FB for me. 4 days 11 hours ago #79055

• Tandt98owl
  • Thank you received: 3
This is so awful. I am on eBay and FB a lot so I'll keep my eye out for you.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saberforge Bane MK2, Deep... (4 Posts)
    • Fantastic! This one was already on my "Must have" list. Now it moves to the top of that list!
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (805 Posts)
    • Quote: It's by far and away better than the 2.0 so far. It's basically another Hero Tier without the RGBA...
    • Congratulations on getting the Bane you want in the finish you always wanted. That's a stunner of a...
    • Spectacular!! Again - The finish on that Bane is stunnigly awesome, WyvernClaw. ;) Great pics,...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (805 Posts)
    • That looks awesome WyvernClaw! :woohoo: Agreed - the weathering on that hilt is fantastic.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5612
  • Latest Member: Comaroagido
  • Total Posts: 58.8k
  • Total Topics: 4880
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 131
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 45