Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Old-style kill keys not avalible any more?

Old-style kill keys not avalible any more? 3 months 1 week ago #82610

• Prowl
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 59
So I was emailing SF about getting an extra old style metal kill key with my next order (in addition to asking for the kill key for that order to be old style too) because I need it for a current SF hilt I own that has the newer plastic kill key (I hate those). The answer I got back was that the old style kill keys were no longer for sale. This is really disappointing because I MUCH prefer the older metal ones over the new ones. Has anyone else that requests the old style ones had anyone tell them that they were not available any more?
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Prowl.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Old-style kill keys not avalible any more? 3 months 1 week ago #82611

• TOPACES
  • Thank you received: 26
Yes, I received the same reply. But you can still order the Laser Etched Acessory Kill Keys if they fit your style. However both will only be for the old recharge port and do not work with the SaberCore 3.0 / Micro USB Port.

Alternatively, you may want to try a silicone Micro USB Plug (Dust Cover) from ebay or similar. I haven't tried, but they might also be fit to be modified to function as a blade plug.
But I get that you will then still need the head piece.

Old-style kill keys not avalible any more? 3 months 1 week ago #82614

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 500
And that's the opposite of what Phil said on Facebook a few months ago. He said you could request it in the order notes, and they would possibly look at putting them back on the site since they had "a few thousand" left in bins.

Old-style kill keys not avalible any more? 3 months 1 week ago #82623

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 281
It's a shame, I prefer the old ones also.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Old-style kill keys not avalible any more? 3 months 1 week ago #82625

• RotundChap
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 41
KelbornX wrote:
And that's the opposite of what Phil said on Facebook a few months ago. He said you could request it in the order notes, and they would possibly look at putting them back on the site since they had "a few thousand" left in bins.

I remember his post too. But also remember him saying you could request them and it would be added to your order but first come first serve until the few thousand ran out.

It sucks to hear because I like the old style 1000x more than the current ones. I'd rather go with the ones from TCSS. I ordered this one for a saber build and it looks awesome. Nice sleek look, even if it is small and practically disappears in your pocket lol.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Kill-plug-style-5-Black-P1248.aspx

Old-style kill keys not avalible any more? 3 months 1 week ago #82626

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 67
I mean, I understand from a business point why they moved to the new ones. Add their logo for better branding while making it cheaper to manufacture. But from what I can tell from everyone’s responses, very few people actually prefer the newer ones over the older ones. But hey, it saves money with these new ones

Old-style kill keys not avalible any more? 3 months 1 week ago #82627

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1672
Though I might suggest that putting such a simple request in the order notes hurts nothing, and if they do indeed still have some in stock, and actually supply what you asked for, then it was a few well spent key strokes.

It is not unprecedented for Phil to advocate putting a non-standard item request into the order notes, and CS not necessarily be aware. They might have since run out, and it is no longer possible. But, it never hurts to ask. Just don't set expectations unrealistically high, in case it is not possible.

Also, addressing the reference to the SaberCore3 equipped sabers, there are no kill keys included with them, because the board puts itself into a deep sleep mode automatically after an interval that can be adjusted with the configuration application. That is not to say that you could not create one for decorative purposes, but SF does not stock anything like that.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Brax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prowl

Old-style kill keys not avalible any more? 3 months 1 week ago #82628

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 110
I have put in a query about the kk this morning with my other upcoming order questions. For my past 2 purchases my instructions from customer service was:

Order the offered plastic ones of any design. Place on the order form specifically that you would like the silver or black metal version instead. Brass no longer available. Also the amount wanted of each. There is no difference in the cost. For example I ordered 6 and requested 3 of each color.

I also said that it was pre-approved. Will update with the latest response as soon as I can. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prowl

Old-style kill keys not avalible any more? 3 months 1 week ago #82672

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 110
Just received a reply from awesome India at SF customer service. The metal kill keys are till future notice no longer available for purchase. I would imagine that those Warrior tier sabers that come with the quick connect option will either have a metal or laser engraved plastic version. Wonder how the design is chosen for each saber model or if it's random.

I have heard of some talented persons using the knurled screw switch from lighting fixture stores. The top is attached on to the right size of plug from perhaps a cell phone recharge connector. My lamps all have the black plastic ones. What other ideas do we have for making or purchasing metal kk's ?!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Polish / Polish + Clear C... (2 Posts)
    • Quote: Anybody have any images of Saber’s with either of these applied? Also what is the difference...
    • Strange Occurrence (2 Posts)
    • Quote: I don't know what the hell would have caused it to stop working, then be fine the second I adjust...
    • [FOR SALE] DOWNSIZING CLE... (28 Posts)
    • Quote: Just to know, how much do they cost each ? ^^' If, by the last three you refer: the etched...
    • Polish / Polish + Clear C... (2 Posts)
    • Anybody have any images of Saber’s with either of these applied? Also what is the difference...
    • Strange Occurrence (2 Posts)
    • So I've recently gotten my Prodigy back from repairs, they completely replaced my hilt and the sound...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6700
  • Latest Member: Shelbywoort
  • Total Posts: 66.8k
  • Total Topics: 5649
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 74