Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Sabercore 3.0 questions

Sabercore 3.0 questions 3 months 1 week ago #82645

• Prowl
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 59
So I've been following up on the new Sabercore 3.0 soundboard. And you don't use kill keys for it? So you just plug a USB changer in and your good to go? Which size USB, 3.0? And the big worry, does the external USB slot look.....bad? Does it ruin the look of the hilt? Any pics of hilts with it I can see? My newest hilt (Talon) still had the 2.0 so a lot of this stuff is news to me.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Prowl.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabercore 3.0 questions 3 months 1 week ago #82649

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
  • Thank you received: 108
Hey Prowl
this thread Here has a vid and some pics with the SC3 port
There is no Light, There is no Dark, There is only the Force!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prowl, Armymedic1975

Sabercore 3.0 questions 3 months 1 week ago #82650

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 500
The 3.0 board has a deep sleep function, so a kill key is not necessary. It's micro USB. I think all external ports are an eyesore, doesn't matter if it's a slot or a hole lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prowl

Sabercore 3.0 questions 3 months 1 week ago #82652

• Armymedic1975
  • Thank you received: 43
Rhyno using my ASP as an example. Nice! lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rhyno

Sabercore 3.0 questions 3 months 1 week ago #82653

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
Hey AM75 it's a nice saber...what can I say...
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Rhyno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Armymedic1975

Sabercore 3.0 questions 3 months 1 week ago #82654

• Armymedic1975
  • Thank you received: 43
Glad you liked it lol

Sabercore 3.0 questions 3 months 1 week ago #82658

• TOPACES
  • Thank you received: 26
Prowl wrote:
So I've been following up on the new Sabercore 3.0 soundboard. And you don't use kill keys for it? So you just plug a USB changer in and your good to go? Which size USB, 3.0? And the big worry, does the external USB slot look.....bad? Does it ruin the look of the hilt? Any pics of hilts with it I can see? My newest hilt (Talon) still had the 2.0 so a lot of this stuff is news to me.

Check out my recent saber review here.
There's many pictures with the new port from different angles and also a close up.

The deep sleep mode works great by the way. I think it's 1 or 2 minutes after it is turned off without. And I also like the convenience of having an USB port, so i can connecto it to any of the many charging cables I have at home.

So far I don't mind the looks of the port - but more like I don't pay much attention to it. Since it is on the outside however (when equipped to a belt), I will eventually make a custom Blade Plug from a USB Dust cover and possibly another blade plug or similar greeblies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dauntless 7, Prowl

Sabercore 3.0 questions 3 months 1 week ago #82678

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 110
KelbornX wrote:
The 3.0 board has a deep sleep function, so a kill key is not necessary. It's micro USB. I think all external ports are an eyesore, doesn't matter if it's a slot or a hole lol.

I think that SF does the best it can to both hide and protect the rc port connector pin. The ones that are the guaranteed eye sore are from US. Like really that's the best they can do... ugly. :sick:

Sabercore 3.0 questions 3 months 1 week ago #82682

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Hi Everybody,

I think some external RC ports are ok, especially the type that can be camouflaged into the pommel for example with a nice designed Kill Key. The RC port then just looks like a speaker vent hole in the pommel insert. Obviously though that requires a little bit more wiring and cram-fu. How anything like this could be done for a micro USB port I don't know.

For Tyeth

p.s. I will say I was a little put off when I saw a regular RC port that was cube shaped (instead of a barrel and nut type) installed into a hilt.

Sabercore 3.0 questions 3 months 1 week ago #82692

• Prowl
  • Premium Member
Thanks for the help guys (and gals ;) ) I've been looking at pictures and I don't like the way the recharge port looks, it just....bothers me. I'd prefer to have a kill key to cover it up, and as I've said, I don't like the newer keys. I think I'm going to pass on a new SF saber until they make some old style metal keys that work with the new soundboard, because I'm not going to spend that kind of money to have a saber that has a glaring hole in it that irks me every time I look at it.

Sabercore 3.0 questions 3 months 6 days ago #82695

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 701
Prowl, I see what you mean. The saber looks better with the old style kill key inserted instead of the new "----" slot for the micro-USB charger. But I don't think SF is going to revert to kill key approach but rely on a sleep mode instead. An alternative could be to relocate the micro-USB recharge port to a different part of the hilt, like the bottom of the pommel/speaker vents, or a duel purpose covertech knob where it is much less visible. The Count's micro-USB port is at the bottom of the pommel. This involves a redesign of nearly all the hilt pieces and approach to install.
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 3 months 6 days ago by Execute66.

Sabercore 3.0 questions 3 months 6 days ago #82696

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 110
Okay... let's see if I am understanding this port thingy lol. It's a small open slot that one places a micro connector in sort of blindly... and hope that the connection was aligned correctly without damaging anything. Wonder if there is much wear if using a lot or repetitively. :unsure:

Just like Prowl I would want some kind of protective covering for both looks and keeping everything clean inside. But the present kill keys would not work at all. Where's our 3D creators to come up with an idea of something appropriate... and soon ! ;)

Sabercore 3.0 questions 3 months 6 days ago #82698

• Prowl
  • Premium Member
I do like the sleep mode for it, I want the kill key more for decorative purposes (cover up that gaping hole right by the power on button). Although moving the recharge port to a less noticeable location is a great idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dauntless 7

Sabercore 3.0 questions 3 months 6 days ago #82704

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
Dauntless 7
this is the port

it's like any micro USB port you would find on a cell phone or camera....
there already have been several posts here with issues where the saber only plays one font, AV switch stays lit but saber wont turn on or off, very staticky sound etc. I had to send mine back.
I have a feeling its the port that's causing problems.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Polish / Polish + Clear C... (2 Posts)
    • Quote: Anybody have any images of Saber’s with either of these applied? Also what is the difference...
    • Strange Occurrence (2 Posts)
    • Quote: I don't know what the hell would have caused it to stop working, then be fine the second I adjust...
    • [FOR SALE] DOWNSIZING CLE... (28 Posts)
    • Quote: Just to know, how much do they cost each ? ^^' If, by the last three you refer: the etched...
    • Polish / Polish + Clear C... (2 Posts)
    • Anybody have any images of Saber’s with either of these applied? Also what is the difference...
    • Strange Occurrence (2 Posts)
    • So I've recently gotten my Prodigy back from repairs, they completely replaced my hilt and the sound...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6700
  • Latest Member: Shelbywoort
  • Total Posts: 66.8k
  • Total Topics: 5649
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 74