TOPIC: Low blow from US... yikes

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 1 week ago #83104

• Major_Tom
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 49
Way to namedrop US...
Is this allowed?

The Force flows through us all, in all of its peace and passion
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Major_Tom.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 1 week ago #83105

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 109
This has recently been addressed by someone's comments on YT. Apparently US is paying bigger bucks for their advertisement pop up to show first when visiting other sites. Not an uncommon practice but still annoying at times or frequently. For me it doesn't matter if I'm going to Amazon or any other unrelated to lightsabers sites... there is my multiple daily reminder. It must be working as I have plenty of US sabers. :whistle:
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Dauntless 7.

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 1 week ago #83106

• Major_Tom
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 49
I meant the whole "dont wait for Saber Forge"

Seems low to actually call out your direct competitor by name as inferior in some way
The Force flows through us all, in all of its peace and passion

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 1 week ago #83107

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
  • Thank you received: 99
Yea that is LOW
I personally don't like US...overly expensive, and 90% of their sabers look the same,...plain vanilla sabers.
IMHO you cant beat SaberForge for Style, Originality, Quality and Price!
I truly love Their ASP line! You can build yourself anything!
For me, I ain't into all that soldering and electronics, the ASP is so easy!
There is no Light, There is no Dark, There is only the Force!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 1 week ago #83108

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 63
Alright, so business perspective.

It is technically legal to do this, to call out another company and bash them. Companies do this all the time in TV commercials, YT adds, and billboards. It’s a way for them to try and discredit SaberForge and to get more buyers. The fact is that SF takes forever, weeks for some, others you wait months. Some people don’t want to wait, so by going to US they save the wait. They are just pointing that out. But what they don’t say is that while they are faster their quality and design is garbage compared to the work of a SaberForge. While it is kind of stupid and they are hitting us with a gut shot, the people who have bought from SaberForge know that SF is better than US.

While it is dumb and kinda uncalled for, they are completely allowed to do so. We just have to show that that SF is better in every way except wait time.

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 1 week ago #83109

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 245
US are grossly oversized, I know they are not supposed to be replicas, but damn are they large compared to SF, now there are a couple I do like the chosen one and Graflex. They are not completely out of whack in size, and the control box is a little more comfortable than the actual graflex/mpp control boxes, some of there plain jane hilts are comfortable for duels.
As far as the statement of get yours sooner than saberforge, thats a way old sentiment, back when SF was young and still cutting their teeth yes you could wait up to a year for a saber..but that doesn’t hold true anymore and it was always worth the wait.

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 1 week ago #83120

• Escher26
  • Thank you received: 11
Or... Here's a thought to whomever wrote that ad for US..

Don't want to wait for Ultrasabers? Try Kyberlight.

I got two sabers from KL sent to my home address in MALAYSIA within a week. And the only reason it was delayed at ALL was because customs in Malaysia didn't know what the heck to make of the package! (I like the KL sabers even though I know they have their own set of issues, but that's not the point - if we're going to compare on shipping time alone, Kyberlight wins that fight - for now.)

At any rate - I don't order from SF or US because it's much more fun for me to visit SF's store in person when I'm home during the holidays.

-Esch
There are many paths to becoming a Jedi, none of them are easy.

-Robert Escher

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 6 days ago #83289

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 265
Why not? Cell phone service and cable TV providers call each other out by name all the time.

Want to see SF doing essentially the same thing? Just go to the SF store page and read the Mystery Box description. The word "ultra" gets used a lot, too much to be anything but direct jabs at US.

I own sabers from both companies and I like both. This feud just breeds competition that only benefits us as consumers. Also, in terms of speed, the fastest I've ever got a saber was my Initiate Acolyte from the SF Etsy store. From order to receipt: 4 days.

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 6 days ago #83290

• 26jhoran
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 25
Just saw what you said and i just got done pissing myself

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 6 days ago #83292

• wamphyri13
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 94
Ultrasabers is Pepsi and Saber Forge is Coke. All of US advertising revolves around bashing SF. Just like Pepsi's revolves around bashing Coke. Coke/SF doesn't need to do the same as Pepsi/US will forever be number 2.
"Hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon make us women and men." - John Mellencamp

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 6 days ago #83296

• MJRX8
  • Thank you received: 25
wamphyri13 wrote:
Ultrasabers is Pepsi and Saber Forge is Coke. All of US advertising revolves around bashing SF. Just like Pepsi's revolves around bashing Coke. Coke/SF doesn't need to do the same as Pepsi/US will forever be number 2.

fitting, Pepsi sucks.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action.

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 5 days ago #83303

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 265
Mmmm... Coca-Cola.

Anyway, they basically have to bash SF on the one category where they have them beat: Speed. Yep, they're fast. Sometimes, too fast. I've gotten hilts from them with marks on them that SF quality control probably wouldn't have let slip by. They opened up a hole in a DIY hilt I bought and it looked like a child had done it. I even got a saber once with marker still on it from where they had marked the holes. 1 minute with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol took that off. So, yeah, they're fast. I'll sacrifice a little speed for quality.

What SF does better is pretty much everything else. Higher detail hilts, more finish options, more blade colors, better blade illumination and more sound options. (I need to try those Veteran options) They don't nickel and dime you over features like flash on clash or recharge ports, the don't charge extra for any blade colors. SF also includes Covertec wheels and blade plugs standard, you have to pay extra for that stuff at US. It's really a whole different experience ordering over here. Plus, how many new releases has US had this year? Two? Three? I think it was two sabers and an overpriced and over featured board. SaberForge has had, what, twenty new releases this year? Maybe more. Plus, three new boards. Three! And, don't get me started on sales. 10% or 15% off store wide is so much better than any sale on just sabers with sound, or even just sabers in general. I'm a DIY type, I like to buy just hilts. Plus, that 50% off I got on my Phoenix was the most I've ever saved on anything saber related.

Like I said, I've ordered from both companies, and it's a totally different experience. US will sell you a pretty good saber and you'll get it fast. You'll wait a bit longer for SF, but you'll get a better saber with better features standard. I love all three of my SaberForge sabers, I can't say that about everything I've bought from US.
Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by scifidude79.

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 5 days ago #83310

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
I researched all the saber companies that I knew, or had heard about for almost 2 years, they ranged from very expensive, afraid to even think of dueling with expensive, to umm...I can get better at Walmart.

the thing that sold me on SaberForge was the variety and options, and when I saw and played with their Saber Parts configurator, where you can put together a unique custom saber and see it in 3D! and then be able to buy those same parts through the ASP line, and actually build your own unique saber with all the bells and whistles!!!
Wow I was sold! I built two sabers, one for me, one for my son (20YO).
The ASP line is the best thing to happen to saber building IMO.

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 4 days ago #83336

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
  • May The Force serve you well.
  • Thank you received: 47
MJRX8 wrote:
wamphyri13 wrote:

fitting, Pepsi sucks.
I find your lack of taste...disturbing. *Force choke*

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 4 days ago #83368

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 278
Roger Redux wrote:
MJRX8 wrote:
wamphyri13 wrote:

fitting, Pepsi sucks.
I find your lack of taste...disturbing. *Force choke*

US is Pepsi?

I was thinking RC...
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roger Redux, 26jhoran

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 3 days ago #83371

• wamphyri13
  • Elite Member
Wow, Squidious. And I thought I was being mean!
"Hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon make us women and men." - John Mellencamp

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 3 days ago #83382

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
I think more like Dollar Store Cola!
Nothing like the best, Coke and SaberForge!
Last Edit: 2 months 3 days ago by Rhyno.

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 3 days ago #83402

• jbl420
  • Thank you received: 18
Fresca?
“Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.”

Low blow from US... yikes 2 months 3 days ago #83407

• wamphyri13
  • Elite Member
Okay. I meant my remark as a comparison. You guys are turning it into an opportunity to make personal attacks on what I'm sure is a fine company. You guys are awesome. Merry Christmas.
Ryan
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbl420
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Bane MK2 DIY (1 Posts)
    • Has anyone done their own wiring/install on this hilt? How much of it can be taken apart and how...
    • "DIY" Star Wars... (93 Posts)
    • Urgh. Will try to scrape it off but am not too optimistic for the accents.
    • New Member Introduction T... (2729 Posts)
    • Another lurker, come in from the cold! Welcome! B)
    • New Member Introduction T... (2729 Posts)
    • Hello, everyone! I'm Jonathan, and I suppose I'm just another Star Wars nerd from southern...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6644
  • Latest Member: shousee12
  • Total Posts: 66.2k
  • Total Topics: 5605
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 24