Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Current lead time?

Current lead time? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83841

• Pileot
  • Thank you received: 1
Can someone "in the know" maybe update the website's lead times? Currently it states 4-5 weeks which, honestly, I think is somewhat optimistic considering its Christmas + 20% off black friday + TLJ, Im sure the elves at SaberForge are super busy...

I don't mind waiting, it will get here when it gets here, but if someone could update the current lead times so those of us who made an order around Black Friday can know when we should expect a new saber.

This is not a "When is my saber going to be ready" post, it will be ready when its ready, but rather a general request into what realistic lead times currently are because, yeah, 5 weeks is a dream lol.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Current lead time? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83858

• MJRX8
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 56
best advice, figure on end of March, mid-April. DO NOT check your email/email them every day, your account fulfillment status, etc. better off watching water boil / freeze.

Ordering a hilt is a testament of patience... as in Jedi-level test. The site doesn't need updated. It's giving the average times. That's all they need to do. I ordered a hilt last April and it arrived before the 5 week period, but i ordered my first hilt in Oct 2016, and it didn't arrive until Jan 2017. I had nothing special done to the first.

The lead times are fine. you may not like it, do not agree with it, feel it should be something different... but that's opinion. They know their lead times much better due to experience (ie: facts).
Clarity of thought before rashness of action.

Current lead time? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83859

• Pileot
I think perhaps you misunderstand... I have no problem with lead times, I consider ordering a saber like commissioning a work of art.

My issue is the advertisement of lead times being 4-5 weeks when obviously due to attractive sales, the holiday season, and TLJ premiering, lead times are going to be greater.

My first SaberForge order took closer to 3 months to ship, by all reports they ARE getting faster. I'm sure pre-holiday delivery times were closer to 4 or 5 weeks... and you are right this is an exercise in patience, something I could really use lol. I just wish they would update the lead times to avoid misleading people.

By the way, It's been -40 here all week, takes a cup of water a matter of minutes to freeze over, hardly no time at all! By that logic my saber could already be in the mail lol.

Current lead time? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83892

• MJRX8
  • Premium Member
Pileot wrote:
I think perhaps you misunderstand... I have no problem with lead times, I consider ordering a saber like commissioning a work of art.

My issue is the advertisement of lead times being 4-5 weeks when obviously due to attractive sales, the holiday season, and TLJ premiering, lead times are going to be greater.

My first SaberForge order took closer to 3 months to ship, by all reports they ARE getting faster. I'm sure pre-holiday delivery times were closer to 4 or 5 weeks... and you are right this is an exercise in patience, something I could really use lol. I just wish they would update the lead times to avoid misleading people.

By the way, It's been -40 here all week, takes a cup of water a matter of minutes to freeze over, hardly no time at all! By that logic my saber could already be in the mail lol.

Nope, i didn't misunderstand at all. I believe you either misread, or chose to ignore something i wrote. I'll reiterate it:

The site doesn't need updated. It's giving the average times. That's all they need to do...

The lead times are fine. you may not like it, do not agree with it, feel it should be something different... but that's opinion. They know their lead times much better due to experience (ie: facts).

You seem to think they should make changes based solely upon your perceptions, wants, desires, and beliefs. No one is being mislead. Averages are just that...

As for your weather... Yay fast ice. Guess your option is to watch where you live thaw.
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by MJRX8.

Current lead time? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83893

• Pileot
Well, your right, I do think they should make changes based on my perceptions, wants, desires, or beliefs. Why would I recommend a change I didn't want? That's just silly! And i'm not the only one, a quick search on the forums show quite a few people concerned that the advertised lead times have come and gone.

I think perhaps maybe you should re-read the FAQ about lead times tho, because it says "our estimated lead time is currently 4-5 weeks.". Not average lead times, current lead times.

My simple request is to update the current lead times to be... well... current. Advertising current lead times to be 4-5 weeks when in reality is closer to 10-20 weeks (no idea just guessing?), how is that NOT false advertising?

Like I've said previously, I'm OK with waiting for however long it takes, just let us know what the CURRENT lead times are so we can have an idea how long we are going to be waiting.
Attachments:

Current lead time? 3 months 3 weeks ago #83895

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 539
Pileot wrote:
"our estimated lead time is currently 4-5 weeks."

The solution to your problem is in the same sentence that you just quoted. The current lead time is an ESTIMATE. Until they consistently go beyond (such as 8-12 weeks) or below (1-3 weeks) ... there's no need for them to update it.

I've been ordering stuff off and on all year, and the only things going well beyond the projected lead times are pre-orders for out of stock parts that even say so.
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by KelbornX.

Current lead time? 3 months 2 weeks ago #83896

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 744
^ KelbornX made a good point above. The lead time depends also on the hilt/parts/items ordered. Items that are on pre-order can take longer. I currently have a Saberforge Legacy Monarch that I ordered in May 2017, so I am waiting now past seven months. :lol: I also have the Crystal MPP Double Reveal on order. We were initially advised it would be shipped out in November 2017 but we are still waiting.

Generalizations are going to be averages of a range out outcomes. There is no one answer that is necessarily reliable. It depends on what you have ordered to give you any meaningful answer.

The most consistent lead time would be if you purchased it from Etsy. It gets shipped out within a week usually. I haven't purchased from Etsy for over six months now, it's always been from the main site (I think I had some issues with applying discount coupons at Etsy).
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Execute66.

Current lead time? 3 months 2 weeks ago #83903

• Pileot
Well, everyone I know who's ordered around Black Friday is still waiting on their order. If it were average wait times you'd expect at least SOMEONE's order to show up. And these are not complicated orders, basic sabers and lights+sound, bread and butter stuff.

Obviously complicated orders, custom work, etc. is going to take longer. This is not the case.

Not sure about the Esty shops, I've never ordered there. They dont exactly advertise links to there from the SF main site.

Im just taking the information from the main page. Obviously if you guys are making all kinds of orders you are seasoned saber buyers... Think of it from the point of view from someone new. They go to the site, they read estimated 4-5 weeks, week 6 or 7 rolls by, what are they supposed to think?

It would take someone at SaberForge literally 5 minutes to look at a completed order shipping out, read the order date, do some basic math, and update the site so its "current" wait times are actually "current".
The following user(s) said Thank You: InTheShadows

Current lead time? 3 months 2 weeks ago #83904

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1765
Let’s keep the suppositioning about the goings on, and potential motivations at saber forge under control. If you have inquiries, or commentary for the business, the customer service folks are the ones to contact.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pileot

Current lead time? 3 months 2 weeks ago #83905

• Pileot
Yeah, I think I'll just contact customer support and see if they can help.

Like I've been saying throughout the thread I dont mind wait times, I understand its part of the "experience", its just nice to have current information. Thanks for the suggestion I'll do that.

Current lead time? 3 months 2 weeks ago #84018

• MJRX8
  • Premium Member
Pileot wrote:
I think perhaps maybe you should re-read the FAQ about lead times tho, because it says "our estimated lead time is currently 4-5 weeks."

how do you think estimates are established? Exactly right: averages!

keep on re-reading that FAQ...
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by MJRX8.

Current lead time? 3 months 2 weeks ago #84022

• Pileot
Ya'll seem to think I have a problem with averages, your missing the word after that tho... Current.

Im fine with varying wait times dependent on what you order, complicated or custom orders are always going to take longer, thats a fact of life.

All the way back to the original post, the whole reason for this thread, and even in the title, I'm asking about the CURRENT lead times.

The average is going to get bumped up because of more orders due to black friday, Christmas, TLJ, etc. OBVIOUSLY the lead times are going to increase. To think otherwise is either ignorant or ill informed. It is statistically impossible for current lead times to stay the same now, in a time of high demand, as they were 6 months ago in a time of relative low demand.

Again, I have no problem with average, estimated, or varying lead times. The problem is the lead times havnt moved for at least 6 months and are no longer "current" as advertised.

Either way, I'm not terribly worried, it gets here when it gets here. I'll just keep ticking off the days. :silly:

Current lead time? 3 months 2 weeks ago #84024

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1913
Pileot wrote:
I'll just keep ticking off the days. :silly:

B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pileot

Current lead time? 2 months 2 weeks ago #85729

• MisterTSquared
As a data point, I recently emailed Saberforge customer service:

"Due to a high volume of orders currently in our production queue, our current lead time has increased from 4-5 weeks to 4-8 weeks"

My order consists of just ASP parts (and was placed on 12/31/17), but I was told that the order should fall under their current estimated lead time.

Current lead time? 2 months 2 weeks ago #85741

• Pileot
Well, my order placed late November took just over two months with no custom finishes or wraps. 67 days is a little over the "estimated" 4-5 weeks advertised lol.

Someone else in my group ordered a little less than a week after me and his order number is about 550 higher than mine. His order has yet to ship.

Its pretty easy to see how if they are getting over 500 orders a week how things can back up for them. Im not complaining, but I still think 4-8 weeks is a little optimistic.

At least they are getting a little more realistic in their claims lol.

It would be really nice to know what order number shipped at the end of the last work day. Watching that number creep closer to yours would at least help you gauge how long it might be until your order is ready. SF already has a database for who's orders shipped, it wouldn't be too difficult for a competent programmer to put a piece of code to update a "last shipped" number on the website.

Either way, my order is on its way. To anyone wondering what the "current" lead times are... Well, in my case, roughly 9 1/2 weeks.

Current lead time? 2 months 2 weeks ago #85742

• wamphyri13
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 108
Having placed 5 orders in the Oct-Dec sales season, I would say a minimum of 10 weeks would be the average wait time right now. 2 of my 3 sabers shipped at right about 10 weeks. It's frustrating, I know, but I look at at this way, if wait times are so long because of high volume, then it will take longer to get my order but I know their business is doing well and therefore will probably expand. (New ASP parts and sabers coming) If they do expand, they'll catch up through expansion and wait times will decrease and we'll have more choices and better quality.
"Hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon make us women and men." - John Mellencamp
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by wamphyri13.

Current lead time? 2 months 2 weeks ago #85743

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 364
The backlog is probably one reason they’ve taken a break from sales and promotions right now. The massive amount of orders probably came from the rollout of new models and Mystery Sabers, chained together sales and the movie being released.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by scifidude79.

Current lead time? 2 months 2 weeks ago #85744

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 339
I’ve got a few on order from SF, I will be like the holidays when they all come in! :)
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Vechaljian.

Current lead time? 2 months 2 weeks ago #85745

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 570
Order volume is unpredictable, patience is a prerequisite when dealing with SF.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by =Ottomatix=.

Current lead time? 2 months 2 weeks ago #85766

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1765
=Ottomatix= wrote:
Order volume is unpredictable, patience is a prerequisite when dealing with SF.

Patience is actually a good attribute to possess in this hobby, regardless of which company you deal with. There are those with 6 month lead times, and more. So, while SF wait times might feel torturously long, it is still on the lower end of the spectrum. Perhaps not THE lowest, but definitely on the lower end.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Pre-Order Sabers Question... (1 Posts)
    • I know pre order sabers will have an extended period where they are placed upon the already existing...
    • Sabercore 3.0 (6 Posts)
    • Plug in your saber wait for the bzzt, then start the editor
    • Saber Forge April Sale!!!... (44 Posts)
    • Quote: To my german fellows: were you charged import taxes on your Lightsabers by the customs office? Not...
    • Sabercore3 not saving (5 Posts)
    • Hi, no I didn't change any of the sound fonts just the settings for sensitivity. I did try burning...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6834
  • Latest Member: reliken
  • Total Posts: 69.1k
  • Total Topics: 5823
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 26
  • Yesterday Answer: 19