Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: It's been sixteen long weeks.

It's been sixteen long weeks. 11 months 1 day ago #16125

• Zeno Pass
  • AWAKENED
  • Thank you received: 3
I ordered two sabers on the 9th of April and the anticipation is becoming too much. I expected the wait to be a little longer than usual because of some modifications I requested, but I didn't think it would be to this extent. It was added to the build list on the 17th of June, and I've been regularly checking the USPS website ever since to see if it's been shipped, but no luck. I did pay for some 12w+ LED's to be installed, and they confirmed that they had the colours I wanted in stock, so I didn't think it would push my shipping date too far back.

You can imagine that I'm growing quite concerned about the situation. Has anyone else experienced a wait time like this before?
May the force be with you, always.
Last Edit: 11 months 1 day ago by Zeno Pass. Reason: Including more information.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

It's been sixteen long weeks. 11 months 1 day ago #16126

• darth kee
did you order from the main site or etsy shop?

It's been sixteen long weeks. 11 months 1 day ago #16127

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 327
I did pay for some 12w+ LED's to be installed, and they confirmed that they had the colours I wanted in stock, so I didn't think it would push my shipping date too far back.
This probably pulled your sabers out of the June queue and pushed them into the next queue. They produce things in batches so if any requests are made at this juncture it disrupts the production line and it gets pulled out. If you made a request at this critical moment then it may have set you back by several weeks or more. This happened to me when I made some last second changes to an order.

If you are feeling concerned email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for a status update. Be prepared to wait as long as a week for a reply though because they're currently drowning in the Kickstarter logistics.

It's been sixteen long weeks. 11 months 23 hours ago #16128

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Allow me to reiterate...
Hey guys, as most of you are probably aware...

SF is extremely, EXTREMELY busy. They're pushing out new designs to keep up with demand, trying to get the ASP system up and going, still working on expanding the company, training new employees, working on opening new shops/space, it's a LOT to deal with. Their focus is on lowering the wait time, but the influx of orders and increasing volume of orders is making this a very trying task.

This all being said...

The explanation of all shipping procedures is in the FAQ. SF is NOT going to forget your orders, lose them, overlook them, or something else even remotely similar. They are trying. Let's all be patient, remember that, and take a step back and be grateful that we're not in their shoes, dealing with so much and handling a LARGE flow of customer questions at the same time... with the same small staff.

Have some patience. They respond to all their messages, just give them some time to do so. I'm sure their inbox is full. There's a LOT going on.

Making that type of modification to your order would most definitely add to the build time.. the 12W+ LEDs are still in prototype status. They're still testing and figuring out the absolute best combination. Since I don't think ANYONE wants a subpar product, they're going to take the time necessary to make sure they're not sending out something that won't last, will fail, etc...

And, to top it all off... lest you forget, there's a crew of about... maybe 20 guys... MAYBE.... pushing out (last I head on the numbers game) anywhere from 200 - 400 sabers... a week. They're BUSY. They're working on expanding, but in a specialized field like this, you can't just hire Joe Smoe and expect him to be able to wire and solder boards and connections perfectly his first day... so. Don't be worried, just have patience.

It's been sixteen long weeks. 11 months 11 hours ago #16143

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 708
All that is absolutely true. What is also true is that if you e-mail them, you will get a response within a few days that should put your concerns at ease. 16 weeks is an eternity, and nobody will scream at you if you simply ask what is the status of your order.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

It's been sixteen long weeks. 11 months 2 hours ago #16175

• Zeno Pass
  • AWAKENED
I was simply gauging whether or not this wait time was normal before hassling them with an email. With everything factored in, I now understand the reason for the wait time and my concerns are lifted.

It's been sixteen long weeks. 11 months 2 hours ago #16177

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Yeah, I understand wanting to know what's going on. It's just a crazy hectic time for SF right now. Things WILL get done, it's just taking them a bit to adjust and react to crazy amounts of demand, lol.

It's been sixteen long weeks. 10 months 4 weeks ago #16187

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
Yeah, I understand wanting to know what's going on. It's just a crazy hectic time for SF right now. Things WILL get done, it's just taking them a bit to adjust and react to crazy amounts of demand, lol.
I sent an email about 5 days ago about an order error (not mine for once) and I'm anxious to get it resolved so the temptation to email them again is huge... But I know our dear Darth Mario will get to it, I just have to be patient... :(

It's been sixteen long weeks. 10 months 3 weeks ago #16348

• Zeno Pass
  • AWAKENED
Just a quick update. I received an email from Saberforge about the issue and they have officially won the customer service game. They have ensured that my sabers will be dispatched tomorrow with express shipping, and they have also added a few extra freebies into the order.

It's been sixteen long weeks. 10 months 3 weeks ago #16353

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 708
There it is!

Nobody's perfect, but they do their best to make it right in some way, if at all possible.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

It's been sixteen long weeks. 10 months 3 weeks ago #16359

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
Just a quick update. I received an email from Saberforge about the issue and they have officially won the customer service game. They have ensured that my sabers will be dispatched tomorrow with express shipping, and they have also added a few extra freebies into the order.
They're pretty darn good about making customer service problems palatable.

It's been sixteen long weeks. 10 months 3 weeks ago #16367

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
Hi mate,

Glad your issue is solved! Let us know what they look like once you receive them ;)

The more I read about SF & their customer service, the more I'm convinced that there most likely is no company other than them I would buy from.
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Faethien.

It's been sixteen long weeks. 10 months 3 weeks ago #16448

• Zeno Pass
  • AWAKENED
It's a 12w+ Green Guardian and 12w+ Deep Blue Avenger both in warrior tier. They should both look beautiful.

It's been sixteen long weeks. 9 months 3 weeks ago #19158

• jonny427
Did they arrive yet? Any photos??

It's been sixteen long weeks. 9 months 3 weeks ago #19217

• Tjpbeatles
I'm almost at the 16 week mark myself. My best friend is getting his on Saturday (he bought it a couple days ago off Facebook) and the wait is all the worse because I know he's getting his. Hope he'll let me play with it in the meantime :/

It's been sixteen long weeks. 9 months 3 weeks ago #19229

• Master Venable
  • Thank you received: 2
Man, SF customer service is just awesome. That's one of the reasons I send everyone here for their lightsaber
Emotion, yet Peace.
Ignorance, yet Knowledge

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PhoenixLightSaberAcademy/

It's been sixteen long weeks. 9 months 3 weeks ago #19247

• Zane Apex
  • Thank you received: 4
I am still very new here, I bought 3 sabers last week and have asked several questions and they've been answered very fast. I could not be happier with there customer service. I can't wait for my sabers to get to me. It is good to have you all to help me through this time!
Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Zane Apex.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515
  • Total Posts: 42.8k
  • Total Topics: 3125
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 0