Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Energy vibration

Energy vibration 3 months 1 week ago #84165

• Ruse
Hi everyone! I recently bought a lightsaber pheonix with energy vibration not fully understanding it as there was no youtube videos, reviews etc. Now i have it i find it quite anoiying, is there any way to mute it, dim it or take it out? Thanks :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Energy vibration 3 months 1 week ago #84172

• MJRX8
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 54
the over all thoughts/feelings on the feature which i've read on this board is exactly as you've expressed.

As for "muting" it, i believe disconnect is the only real option.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action.

Energy vibration 3 months 1 week ago #84175

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
you should totally make your own review video (or anyone else who has it) because I was looking at it and wasn't sure about getting it.

Energy vibration 2 months 6 days ago #86262

• Edon Bluewolf
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
I would like to hear more points of view on this topic as it is the only option I am unsure of what to choose.
“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Energy vibration 2 months 5 days ago #86288

• Chicken McNobody
  • Thank you received: 14
I have a Champion tier saber with and another Champion tier without the energy vibration.

The first got had it and instantly I loved it, I like the extra "power" you feel when holding it and many people who I showed it to also agreed that they like it. I cannot speak for other tiers, but the vibration varies based on the blade flicker settings, so it ads an extra level of an immersive experience.

Now that being said, I can totally understand why people may not be fans of it, if you set it on a table for example, it moos like a 90s Motorola pager (all you youngsters can Google that) and that can make it outright impossible to display while ignited without annoyance or even rattling free from the stand or mount. I don't have a plan to display with blade and/or ignited, so that makes no real difference to me. I have scoured the SaberCore editor and outside of the vibration changing with the flicker settings, I am not able to see a way to turn it off outside of disconnecting it all together. Maybe that can become an option in a firmware update, but I can't say for certain as I am far from an expert in those things.

Now the saber I have that does not have the energy vibration is very similar in size and same tier, so it would be a fair comparison. They physically weight almost the same, but admittedly when I fire this one up, it feels "lighter" in a sense. The vibration gave a "weight" to the saber that I really like. Now the speaker produces a vibration with the hum noise based on the volume settings I have for this one (60% currently) so it isn't entirely without that extra immersion, but it isn't similar enough to replicate the vibration.

Overall, I prefer it and would add it myself to a saber with sound when I order again. The one saber with it was an Etsy limited edition (of 3) and I didn't have a choice on including or not and it wasn't listed as an added feature, so that was a nice surprise to me. The other I also didn't have a choice as it was a winning $125 Mystery Box saber and I am not complaining at all that the vibration was not included, but it was not by choice.

I am not sure how much this really helps, but it really boils down to personal preference and that is tough to figure out without experiencing it for yourself.

I am glad to have one of each option though.
Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by Chicken McNobody.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yo-sh, Rhyno, Edon Bluewolf

Energy vibration 2 months 5 days ago #86298

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
  • Thank you received: 129
I second what CMcN says
I personally like it, it gives you that immersion factor
i can understand if you do the spinning or dueling it might get annoying...
to me though, it is a nice necessary option.
I will always get it in all my sabers.....and since I mostly do ASP all the Plug-and- Play sound kits have it included....so I'm good!
There is no Light, There is no Dark, There is only the Force!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicken McNobody

Energy vibration 2 months 5 days ago #86304

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
So I should get 2 versions of my personal saber, one with energy vibration for use, and one without for display! lol! Thanks, I'll probably be getting it on mine when I get the champion kit!
Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by Shai Kah.

Energy vibration 2 months 5 days ago #86307

• Edon Bluewolf
  • Premium Member
Very helpful follow up guys! Having one saber without, I think I will have to try it on my next one then. Now to just wait for a sale... ;)

Energy vibration 2 months 5 days ago #86311

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 538
I have two of the old Sabercore 2.0 PnP kits with it (came standard) and I hate it on them. Being all wrapped up in heatshrink with the board, it WILL interfere with the motion sensors on at least the Veteran boards. The highest that I can set the motion sensitivity is 3 before it starts giving false swings.

Supposedly the new motion sensors on the Sabercore 3.0 aren't bothered by it. I've never heard of anyone complaining about this feature on a standard install either, since there should be enough space between the motor and the board for it not to bother anything.

Energy vibration 2 months 5 days ago #86315

• Chicken McNobody
  • Thank you received: 14
Shai Kah wrote:
So I should get 2 versions of my personal saber, one with energy vibration for use, and one without for display! lol! Thanks, I'll probably be getting it on mine when I get the champion kit!

That wouldn't be a terrible idea right?

Kelborn X

I have not had any issues with false swings being registered myself, but I have heard of it being the case with some. So YMMV on that based on the build.

I also have not adjusted any of the settings outside of the volume, so whatever the default is, seems to work for me.
Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by Chicken McNobody.

Energy vibration 2 months 5 days ago #86316

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 338
I like energy vibration though I would prefer a off option, having said that I only every had energy vibration on self installed sabers until I got a hero PNP and now the Champion set ups with the 3.0. I like it but I always added a small slide switch to the chassis to turn it off and mounted it away from the sound card for my installs.

Energy vibration 2 months 5 days ago #86319

• Edon Bluewolf
  • Premium Member
Here is the feedback a youtuber gave me regarding his Count with 3.0 sound and vibration:

Plaguejaw 20 hours ago (edited) Highlighted reply

I have experienced it and it happens when I swing the saber too fast, that the sound font starts to overlay on itself. Until I get Win10, I cannot do anything about it, because that's the only OS that they have their editing software available for.

So according to him, it appears to only occur at the extreme of swinging with the 3.0, and I am thinking that with some tweaking on the flicker/shimmer settings like CMcN mentioned, even this could possibly be reduced or avoided.

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6834
  • Latest Member: reliken
  • Total Posts: 69.1k
  • Total Topics: 5816
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 2